Share Your World – May 8 2017

This week’s questions for Share Your World are:

Q. When you’re alone at home, do you wear shoes, socks, slippers, or go barefoot?

A. As it’s slowly getting cooler here I’m wearing socks or slippers but during warmer months I wear my thongs….(not that sort of thong, maybe you know them as flipflops!)

Thongs

Q. What was your favorite food when you were a child?

A. Peanut butter and honey sandwiches – still a favourite 🙂

Q. Are you a listener or talker?

A. I like to do both depending on who I’m with.  My husband would say I’m more of a talker.  My daughters would agree that I’m a talker and they love the fact that I will talk to anyone, anywhere – and usually about them!  I am getting much better at listening as I get older.

Q. Favorite thing to (pick one):  Photograph?  Write? Or Cook?

A. Tossing up between writing and photographing.  I love finding ‘moments’ and capturing them in words and pictures.  I enjoy photographing nature, landscapes, skies, clouds but rarely do I photograph people.  I don’t know why that is, I’m just not confident enough I suppose! I love Wordless Wednesdays and always try to participate with a photo that tells a story without the need for too many words (although I usually fail at that by going on to describe the photo with lots of words 🙂

I took this photo of the inside of a tulip last week and love the different perspective as seen from above.

IMG_1514

Are you wondering What Share Your World is all about?

Share Your World is a fun way to get to know each other through our blogs.  Cee posts four random questions for those who want to participate and it’s always interesting to read what others have written in their responses.

• Answer four questions each week.
  • Bonus Questions are always the same “What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?”  Because we all need to be reminded that there are many things in our lives to be grateful about.

The idea is to answer the questions without overthinking them and just have FUN. Feel free to join in by copying the questions, writing your answers in a new post and linking back to Cee’s original post.

Thanks again for visiting my world.  You can see all my past Share Your World posts here if you’re keen – Share Your World

Feel free to join in with this fun challenge and remember I always love hearing from you if you’d like to leave me a comment.

Enjoy the week ahead everyone!

You can also follow Deb’s World here:

TwitterInstagramPinterestStumbleUponG+Facebook and Flipboard

shareyourworld

One thought on “Share Your World – May 8 2017

1. Shirley Corder
    May 10, 2017 at 2:40 am

I love the idea of this challenge. I’m just wary as I’m already way too over committed! So I’ll do the next best thing and read yours! Early Morning Boost for Your Immune System

• May 10, 2017 at 6:24 pm

That’s fine Shirley, you can read mine all you like, I’m happy to share 🙂

2. May 10, 2017 at 3:09 am

I enjoyed reading your responses. Thanks for sharing. 😀

• Shirley Corder
      May 10, 2017 at 6:03 pm

Deb, I’m doing a rethink on this. What days does Cee publish the week’s questions? Do you get them in advance of Monday?

• May 10, 2017 at 6:11 pm

Hi Shirley, thanks for your comment. Cee posts the questions on Mondays but as I’m in Australia I don’t see them until Tuesday, so depending on time zones it might suit you. She is in the US. The link is in my post but here it is again https://ceenphotography.com/2017/05/08/share-your-world-may-8-2017/ Hope this helps you out.
        Deb

• Shirley Corder
          May 10, 2017 at 9:13 pm

Thank you Debbie. I am closer to you for time zones than to Cee. I’m in South Africa, so also Southern Hemisphere. I’ll see what I can figure out.

• May 10, 2017 at 9:16 pm

I thought that you would be closer to our Timezone than USA. Hope it works out for you.

• May 10, 2017 at 6:23 pm

Thanks Cee, it’s good to get back to it again after a few weeks away!

3. May 10, 2017 at 5:15 am

I love this Debbie and it is a great way to get to know you! I’d love to be part of the weekly challenge – is there a link up? I’m a barefoot girl at home but need my ugg slippers for winter even in Brisbane!

• May 10, 2017 at 6:23 pm

Hi Se, thanks for your comment. I can’t believe you need uggs in Brisbane but I know my daughter is the same 🙂 The link to Cee’s post is in my post but here it is again. She posts on a Monday from USA so O don’t get to see it until Tuesday and I follow her blog so get a reminder. There’s no linky like your blog uses though, if that’s what you were asking. Hope to see you post in response soon. https://ceenphotography.com/2017/05/08/share-your-world-may-8-2017/

4. May 10, 2017 at 8:07 am

I have hardwood floors and just one grain of sand on the floor bothers me, so I always wear Birkenstock sandals in the summer and some type of sheepskin lined or wool clog in the winter.

• May 10, 2017 at 6:20 pm

Yes I’m a bit like that too. I love being cosy and warm in winter.

5. May 10, 2017 at 10:46 am

I love those Sydney flip flops! Your question about if you go barefoot, wear socks, etc. caught my eye because, for so many years, I went barefoot at home. Then, over a couple of years, I managed to break two toes (two different accidents). Now, I wear my shoes almost constantly. Lesson learned!

Liked by 2 people

• May 10, 2017 at 6:20 pm

Ouch!! I feel your pain of breaking two toes. I can’t seem to go barefoot unless I’m at the beach but these thongs do the trick.

6. May 10, 2017 at 5:00 pm

I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for sharing.