Reflecting on my latest love affair – Weekly Photo Challenge

Reflecting means different things to different people.  This week’s photo challenge asks us to share a photo that captures something reflected back to you in a way that made you look at your surroundings differently.  In response to this I  have decided to share my reflections of my latest love affair.

I don’t know when it started, this love affair

that delightful crisp, brisk feeling

the way the air swirls

the crunchiness underfoot

the colours, the beauty, the love.

Yellow leaves, autumn colour

Autumn is my favourite season

Although I love Spring too and

Summer is so warm and bright

and Winter can be cosy but miserable.

Red leaves, autumn colour

So Autumn is my latest love affair.

We get along famously and her colours love me

Brown, red, orange, yellow are my colours too.

Autumn leaves, colour

Reflecting in the change of season is cathartic

As the earth prepares for a rest

Autumn colour. leaves

Autumn paints in colours that summer has never seen.

View

I am in no way spiritual but this quote I read recently resonated with me:

As we watch leaves fluttering to the ground in the fall, we are reminded that nature’s cycles are mirrored in our lives. Autumn is a time for letting go and releasing things that have been a burden. Source

I promise to stop spamming you with photos of Autumn now that I’ve got that out of my system!

Do you have a favourite season too and, if so, why have you chosen that one?  I love learning more about other people’s lives!

Until next time!!

Autumn colours

Deb xx

PS. You can also find Deb’s World here – I’d be delighted if you’d join me.

TwitterInstagramPinterestStumbleUponG+Facebook and Flipboard

One thought on “Reflecting on my latest love affair – Weekly Photo Challenge

1. May 11, 2017 at 4:32 pm

A very good post and nice pictures. Thanks for sharing!

2. May 11, 2017 at 4:48 pm

Beautiful post Deb. I’ve just written a post about missing summer but I must admit there is something special about Autumn colors. Stay warm 😊 xo

3. May 11, 2017 at 4:56 pm

If Autumn means crisp clear days under pale-blue skies, a nip in the morning to remind you that winter is around the corner, then I don’t mind it at all. The colours are beautiful, the leaves develop a delightful crunch, and the sun is warm without burning.
    But when Autumn is a poor excuse for winter – dank and cold, with icy mornings, grey skies and dribbling rain – then I’m afraid it’s not my friend.

• May 11, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Has your autumn been a bit disappointing? We are really enjoying it here at the moment. It’s definitely my friend. 🍁

4. May 11, 2017 at 5:16 pm

Great pictures…!

5. joanna916
    May 11, 2017 at 7:01 pm

That’s some really great pictures.I love autumn too. 🙂

• May 11, 2017 at 8:16 pm

Thanks Joanna, it’s beautiful here and so easy to take good pics.

6. May 11, 2017 at 7:12 pm

Love autumn.. unfortunately I live in an evergreen city so I don’t get to see it much now 😦

• May 11, 2017 at 8:15 pm

I’m sooo lucky living where we have four distinct seasons. Not sure I could live where there was no autumn!!

• May 11, 2017 at 8:57 pm

I question my decision twice every year.. in autumn coz well no autumn and in summer when its way too hot!! Haha

7. May 11, 2017 at 7:14 pm

I love autumn, too, and was married at Harvest festival when the church was full of rich autumnal flowers. Lovely pics. Look forward to seeing more xx

• May 11, 2017 at 8:14 pm

Thanks for visiting and your comment. It’s nice to hear of your autumnal wedding.

8. May 11, 2017 at 7:41 pm

I love autumn too, but glad I’m heading into spring since winter kicked my butt. Unfortunately we’ve had so many rainy and cloudy days, it has taken a bit of the joy out of our wet, dreary Maine spring. I’ve got to develop a love affair with rain and clouds!

• May 11, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Hopefully it clears up soon for you Molly! Nothing worse than a miserable spring.

9. May 11, 2017 at 9:30 pm

Living in an area where all the trees are evergreen, I’m sharing your love affair with the colours of Autumn. It’s a beautiful sight that you probably see more of in your area.

• May 11, 2017 at 9:36 pm

Thanks! Yes we love living here and seeing the changing seasons, it’s a real delight.

10. May 12, 2017 at 4:07 am

I love the colours of autumn too. 🙂

11. May 12, 2017 at 12:18 pm

Lovely photos Deb. I love autumn too; although here it’s been disappointingly cold and wintery this year.

12. May 12, 2017 at 5:53 pm

Lovely photos! Wish we had fall season here in the Philippines.

13. May 14, 2017 at 1:17 am

What pretty Pictures, Thanks for sharing your post at the blogger’s Pit Stop. Keep em coming! 😊 Pit Stop Crew

14. May 14, 2017 at 7:03 pm

Beautiful Deb. We don’t have autumn in sunny Queensland – I have only experienced autumn in Australia once in Canberra, and of course autumn over here. It certainly is a beautiful season. Personally I prefer spring and summer – or just the perennial evergreen of the north. 🙂

• May 14, 2017 at 9:50 pm

Thanks Deb, it’s a beautiful time of year here. I know what you mean about the perennial green of up north, it’s gorgeous.

15. June 11, 2017 at 8:28 am

Hi Debbie,
    Thank you for liking my blog post about how to rock social media. I know many people here.
    I love your photos. Did you use filters? I often blog about blog Photography. I am always trying to improve.
    Janice

• June 11, 2017 at 12:06 pm

Thanks for your comment Janice. Yes I use my iPhone to take photos and then use Instagram to edit a little and that’s all I do. I’m happy with how they turn out. Debbie