Where is your focus – in front or behind?

Where is your focus – in front of you or behind you?

FocusThis week’s photo challenge asks us to share a photo featuring focus.  It could be an in-focus or out-of-focus shot.

Instead I’ve taken the definition of focusdirecting a great deal of attention, interest, or activity towards a particular aim – and shared this photo. In my simple photo I am trying to convey the focus of what’s in front of my bike and what’s behind me as shown by the inclusion of the mirror.

As many experienced photographers will tell you, the sharpness of the lens or camera you use isn’t always that important. Sometimes, what matters more is the style and composition of the shot you’re trying to create.

Focus, travel photo, seascape

Looking ahead or looking back?

I’ve taken a similar shot before, I think I’m a bit obsessed with mirror shots!  It does give a good frame though doesn’t it?

mirror on bike

In life we have the choice to focus on where we’re going or where we’ve come from.  Which direction is your focus on at the moment?

Deb xx

You can also find Deb’s World here – I’d be delighted if you’d join me.

TwitterInstagramPinterestStumbleUponG+Facebook and Flipboard

One thought on “Where is your focus – in front or behind?

1. June 15, 2017 at 11:21 pm

full steam ahead! 🙂

Liked by 2 people

2. Donna
    June 16, 2017 at 12:51 am

I’m with Jodi…full steam ahead.
    BTW – I love your mirror shots!

• June 18, 2017 at 4:43 pm

Thanks Donna!! I’m glad the mirror shots worked out.

3. June 16, 2017 at 1:50 am

Your shots are both appealing. But I get your meaning. Recently, I blogged a Truth Moment Monday about Lot’s wife, and what befell her for looking back. Let’s put it this way, that’s why I prefer pepper over salt! 4ward for me thanks for sharing!!!

4. June 16, 2017 at 2:09 am

The title of your post really caught my eye because I’m currently trying to write a post about that very thing. I’m frustrated because the words aren’t coming easily.

This post reminds me of something I read once that “There’s a reason why the windshield is bigger than the rear view mirror. Focus forward” 🙂

Liked by 2 people

• June 18, 2017 at 4:41 pm

I love that quote Joanne!! Good luck with your post. I’ll swing by later to check if it’s been posted yet.

5. June 16, 2017 at 2:17 am

Nice shots!

• June 18, 2017 at 4:40 pm

Thanks a lot, I enjoy playing with shots and this seemed to suit the theme.

6. June 16, 2017 at 7:13 am

Great thought to end the week Deb and I love the photos. I really need to take some creative photography lessons.
    Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond

• June 18, 2017 at 4:39 pm

Thanks Sue, I’m glad you like the thought too. My photos are only taken on my iPhone and I’m always happy with how they come out.

7. June 16, 2017 at 7:01 pm