A Good news week – Musings on Monday 26 June 2017

Welcome to my weekly Monday Musings

A week of good news:

In case you missed the news, the required legislation to close the disused Rail Corridor between Tumbarumba and Rosewood finally passed through the NSW Parliament during the week.  This is fantastic news for those of us who have been patiently working behind the scenes to enable a rail trail for cyclists, walkers, runners, wheelchairs, prams… to be built.  Funding was granted to the local Council over 2 years ago and now the work on construction can start! It was a day of great relief and celebration to all of us.  I wrote this post last week in response to Transient, the weekly photo prompt – How the transient nature of transport has turned.

Rotary – good fun:

Our local Rotary Club celebrated another great year on Friday, with its annual Changeover Dinner.  This is a night to look at the year that was and induct the new President and the Board for 2017/18.  This is a great photo of our new team – good luck President Therese in keeping us under control!!  We also farewelled our beautiful German Exchange Student as she leaves for home next weekend.  She’s been a real asset to the club and her confidence, good nature and willingness to be involved in a small community has won her many friends.  It was a fun night!

Rotary Board for Tumbarumba Rotary Club 2017/18

Rotary Board

Travel – always good:

After a busy week at home, I was soon winging my way to visit my mother for her birthday.  The early morning fog nearly had other ideas but I made it in time to meet my connecting flight and arrived into a very warm Queensland.  I left home at 6am with the temperature at 0 degrees and arrived in Queensland to a temperature of 24 degrees.  This meant I was only a bit overdressed for the day!!  It was a lovely feeling of warmth though.  My sister and I had coordinated our arrival times within 15 minutes of each other and all went according to plan.  We visited our father in his aged care facility and went out to dinner with mum and a friend, before seeing a show together.  It was a fun, but very late, night!  We met up with our brother and other family members the next day for mum’s birthday lunch and had a great day catching up.  Mum enjoyed her weekend with her three children around her and we all got to catch up with dad and all the news.  I love taking photos from the air and the day was just so perfect and clear.  I’m pleased with how they turned out.

Logo:

Recently I read a post about the necessity of a blog logo and as I had been thinking of updating things I investigated the option of a customised logo. This is the post by SheryL – 5 reasons why you should make a blog logo.  I decided to look into this option. I went through Etsy and found someone who was offering a suitable service, messaged her, sent her a photo with some comments, and within a week I had my very own logo.  She was great to work with and made the changes I requested very quickly and I’m very happy with my new logo – I’d love to know what you think of it too?  I am now using this logo on all my social media accounts. Does it remind you of anything/anyone?

Logo for Deb's World Blog

From other Bloggers:

Lots of great blogs were read during the week, I really love the blogging community and the talented bloggers from all around the world, who I get to communicate with on a   regular basis.

Mondays are for musing and mulling over the week so feel free to join me.

I’d love to know what you’ve been up to.  How are you changing the world??

Deb

You can also follow Deb’s World here:

TwitterInstagramPinterestStumbleUponG+Facebook and Flipboard

One thought on “A Good news week – Musings on Monday 26 June 2017

1. June 26, 2017 at 10:38 am

More good news 🙂 I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award, and so are you 🙂
    You know, I love your posts, so I have nominated you: http://www.klaudiascorner.net/and-the-blogger-recognition-award-goes-to/
    Congratulations!

• June 28, 2017 at 8:38 pm

Thanks so much, I love your post and will attempt to write a suitable response.

2. leannelc
    June 26, 2017 at 2:43 pm

You sound like you’ve had a great week – love that the family could get together for your mum’s birthday – that’s so special. Also that’s a very cute logo – I haven’t gone down the logo path yet – not really sold on the idea but I’m sure my time will come!

• June 26, 2017 at 5:48 pm

Yes Leanne, I am enjoying my time with mum. I like my new fun logo, your banner on your blog acts in a similar way I think. I appreciate your feedback. 😊

3. June 26, 2017 at 5:03 pm

Fab to reuse the old railway. We have some brilliant ones around London which are mini nature reserves as well as conduits for cyclists and those on foot.

• June 26, 2017 at 5:45 pm

That’s great to hear of the trails and reserves. These sort of places are all over the world and are such a great idea.

4. June 26, 2017 at 5:33 pm

Love the logo Debbie and what a lovely weekend you have had with your mother, sister and brother. The weather has been gorgeous up here in Queensland. I love the aerial shots for the plane. Hope this week is another good one for you.
    xx

• June 26, 2017 at 5:44 pm

Thanks Sue. I’m happy with my new logo. It’s fun! It’s so lovely and warm compared to home. I had to buy some shorts today!!

5. Shirley Corder
    June 26, 2017 at 7:16 pm

I love the idea of your logo. So cute! The idea of reusing the old railway track is great too. We have a couple of them here where I live, but they probably wouldn’t be safe to use for walks. But surely there is something they could do? Have you ever had cold feet?

• June 28, 2017 at 8:39 pm

Thanks Shirley, I’m glad you like the logo. Yes reusing the old rail tracks is a great idea and I can’t wait to see them get underway.

6. June 26, 2017 at 10:10 pm

I really like your new logo by the way 🙂. It looks great as a gravatar.

7. June 26, 2017 at 10:20 pm

That’s fantastic news that the rails to trails project will be able to go through.

8. June 26, 2017 at 11:00 pm

My big and meaningful question to you Debs is why the three stars? Yes, love that more communities are making use of the disused railway tracks. Enjoy catching up with your posts!

• June 26, 2017 at 11:27 pm

Good question Suzanne and I’m glad you asked! The three stars relate to my three daughters and you may have missed that my logo is in the colours of Wonder Woman. Hope Turkey is going well.

• June 26, 2017 at 11:51 pm

Yes I knew you were into Wonder Woman! What a fun way to include your daughters, love it! Turkey is going well, and we are enjoying it. A bit hot late afternoon!!

9. June 26, 2017 at 11:35 pm

What a wonderful week of celebrating! so many good things to cherish! Awesome logo – I hadn’t thought about doing that. A good thought though. Knowing what you know of me and my blog – how would you do my logo? Love your wonderwoman colors and the stars representing your daughters!

• June 28, 2017 at 8:44 pm

Thanks for the feedback Jodi, glad you like the logo too! I’m not sure how I’d do your logo but as you’re so creative it would have to be something brilliant. 😊😊

10. Donna
    June 27, 2017 at 12:02 am

I love your new logo, Deb!
    Happy Birthday to your Mom and congratulations on your new Rail Trail!
    Sounds like another busy and productive week!

• June 28, 2017 at 8:45 pm

Thanks so much Donna, lovely of you to send a message to mum!! It’s certainly a busy time and news of the rail trail has lifted all our spirits. Hope all is going well.

11. June 27, 2017 at 12:14 am

I love your logo. It’s fun, fresh and really suits your style. Great work. Thanks for the link to the blog about logos. Will check it out.

12. June 27, 2017 at 7:01 am

Great logo Deb! I love Etsy! 24 degrees? I can’t imagine. Although I’ll be heading up to Brissie in a couple of weeks I think. All good here, busy busy busy.

13. June 27, 2017 at 1:17 pm

Wow! Your logo says it all! 🙂

14. June 28, 2017 at 4:55 am

Loving the logo Deb. Thanks so much for sharing with us at #overthemoon link party. I’ve shared on social media. Have a great week and see you next week.
    Sue
    Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond

15. July 10, 2017 at 11:24 pm

Sounds like it was a lovely family time with your dad. Nice that he can get out with you all! Congrats on the progress toward the trail!

• July 11, 2017 at 6:22 pm

Thanks Carol, it will be a great asset to our town when completed.

16. July 17, 2017 at 12:00 pm

Great news about the rail trail.

• July 19, 2017 at 6:17 pm

Yes it’s been a long time coming but so great to finally be on the move now.