Worth a Word Wednesday: What a wonderful world!

Wordless Wednesday – now renamed Worth a Word Wednesday

Interesting cloud formation over Tumbarumba

Keep your feet on the ground and your head in the clouds!

While out running this week I’ve managed to capture these two shots of cloud formations rolling in over Tumbarumba.  I must admit to being impressed with the sky and the massive clouds. We had some rain but I think there was snow falling nearby as well.  I’m pleased to say I managed to keep my feet on the ground and finish my run, although I did get caught in the shower of rain.

I love the ‘ball’ of cloud in this photo and the hill is all but obliterated by low cloud.  Aren’t I lucky with my running and walking space?  I love it!

Clouds in the sky over Tumbarumba Mountain

I see skies of blue and clouds of white

and I think to myself what a wonderful world!

Louis Armstrong

Recently my blogging friend Suzanne at Global Housesitter x2 suggested I change the name of my Wordless Wednesday posts to Worth a Word Wednesday, as I rarely seem able to refrain from using some words in these posts, despite the title!!  So I’ve done just that!

Feel free to join in, post a photo and as many words as you like!

Clouds over Tumbarumba look interesting

Pin me

I’m reminded of the quote by Maya Angelou  that we should aim to be the rainbow in someone’s cloud.  We could all do with thinking of this from time to time.

I love it when people leave me a comment, so don’t be shy – comment away!

Debbie 🙂

You can also find Deb’s World in these places:

TwitterInstagramPinterestStumbleUponG+Facebook and Flipboard

One thought on “Worth a Word Wednesday: What a wonderful world!

1. July 12, 2017 at 12:40 pm

Stunning cloud photos you captured. It’s definitely a ‘ball of cloud.’ I think the same way when I’m surrounded by amazing skies, “what a wonderful world”. ❤

2. Donna
    July 12, 2017 at 1:12 pm

I love the “Worth a Word” retitle. (I can never keep words out of my WW posts either….as a matter of fact, I usually have whole paragraphs in there)!
    Stunning cloud photos!

Liked by 2 people

• July 13, 2017 at 8:52 pm

Thanks so much Donna! I’m glad I’m not alone with the word issue!

3. July 12, 2017 at 3:42 pm

Nice Share.

4. July 12, 2017 at 3:52 pm

Good on you Debs, it brings a smile to my face when I see that title, as most of us bloggers can’t do it without words 🙂 I have a few coming, watch this space! It is a wonderful world we live in!

• July 12, 2017 at 3:54 pm

So happy to collaborate!! I smile too and it is indeed a beautiful world. Keep smiling 😊

5. leannelc
    July 12, 2017 at 9:09 pm

You’ve still got plenty of blue sky – even with those clouds – considering it’s supposed to be the middle of Winter! Nice to know you had an enjoyable run too.

• July 13, 2017 at 8:50 pm

I know it’s been cold but lots of crystal blue skies. I always enjoy getting outside.

6. July 13, 2017 at 9:20 am

I’m speechless ( wordless). Just joking, You have a divine running space.

7. Sheila
    July 14, 2017 at 9:24 am

I’m glad you changed the title from Wordless Wednesday, much more appropriate title now. Love the way you captured those clouds.

8. July 15, 2017 at 12:42 am

I love that huge, towering cloud. We had some earlier in the week. I call myself a cloud chaser and I’ve got caught in a few storms going out with my camera, including in a terrible hailstorm and the kids were at home with hail pelting through the laserlite out the back. No cloud chasing allowed any more.
    I am a huge fan of Maya Angelou. I had stumbled across her quotes and finally Googled her and was very touched by her.
    Last year, I wrote a series of letters to dead poets for the A-Z April Challenge and wrote a letter to her, which you might find interesting: https://beyondtheflow.wordpress.com/2016/04/16/m-a-letter-to-dr-maya-angelou-atozchallenge/
    I found a good overlap between Maya Angelou and Oodgeroo Noonuccal (Kath Walker).
    It’s rather late so I’d better get to bed.
    Best wishes,
    Rowena

• July 15, 2017 at 6:55 pm

Thanks Rowena, she is a very inspirational person that’s for sure! I’m glad you gave up cloud chasing, sounds dangerous!