52 week photography project – Week 2: Winter

Source: Week 2: Winter

For those of you playing along at home here is Week 2 of our 52 week photography project.

Who’s who in the story…

I have joined with 6 photographers, of varying experience, to take a photo every week for a year, one theme at a time. It’s turned into a bit of a family affair actually with my sister, my brother-in-law, my nephew, my husband, my daughter and a close friend of my sister’s.  You can read more about us all here in the About page.

Each week for 52 weeks…

Each week we are given a new theme and must take a photo, add some words and submit it to Tim, who will compile a post at 52 Weeks Photography Group, before letting us know our next theme…and so on for 52 weeks!

This is the first time I’ve been involved in this project but some of the others are on their second time round. At the end of the previous project they produced a beautiful coffee table book with all the photos and words included from their weekly submissions. It’s a magnificent record of a year in photos.

Week 2 theme – Winter

The theme for Week 2 was Winter which resulted in another great selection of photos. As we are all mainly in the Southern Hemisphere, we had a range of interpretations but surprisingly a lot of blue sky.  My daughter in the UK made the comment that the summer temperatures she is experiencing are actually colder than some of our winter temps!

Winter, raindrops and blue sky

Winter

This is my photo for Week 2 and my words: Raindrops keep falling….no snow, or frost photos, just rain drops and blue skies.  I was thinking of how to capture the mercurial changes of winter weather and on my way up the driveway this was the scene that presented itself to me – raindrops and blue sky!  I captured the view out of the car’s windscreen, with my iPhone, and that was it, done.

Our Week 1 – Self Portrait photos can be found in the link at the start of my post. My summary post for the first week can be found here – Week 1: Self Portrait

I’m now thinking of how to interpret the next theme of Transport.

It’s great to be involved in such a creative challenge with a small supportive group.  I’d love to hear your thoughts on our various takes on either of these themes.  Be sure to click on the link to check out the full post on the blog 52 Weeks Photography Group.

Happy photographing!

You can also find Deb’s World here – I’d be delighted if you’d join me.

TwitterInstagramPinterestStumbleUponG+Facebook and Flipboard

One thought on “52 week photography project – Week 2: Winter

1. July 28, 2017 at 3:06 pm

Gorgeous shot Deb. 🙂

2. July 28, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Fabulous picture, I love the ice blue! The great thing about living in UK is that we don’t really get seasons, just marginal fluctuations in the weather!

• July 30, 2017 at 4:09 pm

Thanks Andrew! Lovely to hear you liked my photo, we are so lucky with distinct seasons here. That blue was just so lucky.

3. July 28, 2017 at 6:13 pm

Nice. It’s a shot I’ve tried (in one form or another) and failed to get, so I know it’s not an easy one.

• July 30, 2017 at 4:08 pm

Thanks Ellen, I’m glad you can appreciate my photo of raindrops, it was great timing!!

4. July 28, 2017 at 8:35 pm

I’ve just caught up on last week’s photos, the about page and this week’s photos. Such a creative project and you are all fantastic photographers. How nice you have family participating! Love your photo of the rain on the windshield. And your self portrait is perfect!

• July 30, 2017 at 4:08 pm

Thanks so much Molly, I really appreciate your comments and for reading my posts!! It’s great to do a group project together like this.

5. July 29, 2017 at 7:26 am

Nice picture! Looks about like the winters in Texas. Thanks for sharing at The Blogger’s Pit Stop! Roseann from http://www.thisautoimmunelife.com

• July 30, 2017 at 4:07 pm

My pleasure to share in the linkup. Thanks for visiting my world.

6. July 30, 2017 at 4:09 pm

Sounds fun. Enjoy

7. July 30, 2017 at 7:19 pm

Looking forward to seeing the transport photos this morning! Wonder what next weeks theme will be 🤔

8. Donna
    July 30, 2017 at 11:57 pm

I love this shot, Deb. Especially since it is currently boiling hot in Spain! I look forward to following your photography in this series.

• August 2, 2017 at 5:30 pm

Thanks Donna, hope your’e having an amazing time over there! take care and stay cool 🙂

9. July 31, 2017 at 1:44 am

Your daughter is so right about some of the summer temperatures here in the UK being cooler than the winter temperatures in Austrailia. I have a sister in Brisbane who was complaining how cold it was. When I asked what the temperature was she replied 16 degrees. That was one degree higher than the daytime temperature in my part of the UK!
    Love the photo of the raindrops, Deb. Such a refreshing photograph.

• August 2, 2017 at 5:29 pm

Thanks Hugh. lovely to have you along! My daughter is used to the summer temps over there but I agree 16 isn’t cold at all!

10. angelanoelauthor
    July 31, 2017 at 2:05 am

This is a great challenge- what a fun group! How did you hear about it? Did I miss that part? I’m not a photographer, but this sounds like an excellent way to get out and just experience stuff, and think about it differently. That’s definitely my cup of tea. I love your picture, too. Awesome.

• August 2, 2017 at 5:29 pm

Hi Angela, it’s basically just a small group of photographers and my sister invited me and my husband to join in. You’re exactly right, it makes you think about how to interpret the set theme and extend yourself that little bit. I’m enjoying it immensely. Glad you like my pic too!

11. August 3, 2017 at 1:09 am

Absolutely love this photo, Deb! Has everything I’d look for in a photo, great colours, great lines, interesting perspective. The brightness of the sky, contrasting the land, is beautiful, and the subtlety of the road leading away is fantastic. Really, truly love this!

• August 4, 2017 at 7:38 pm

This comment made my day Shaun, so thank you very much. It was a great shot that presented itself to me and I went with it – never let an opportunity go by is my motto. I’m thrilled you love it too 🙌🏻

• August 4, 2017 at 7:44 pm

You’ll go far with that attitude 🙂 I often think Photography is almost like two extremes… You have your shots that simply appear out of the blue, sometimes fleeting moments that you must capture then and there or else they’re gone for ever, and you have your shots which are carefully planned/practiced, which you sometimes have to patiently wait and work towards… Again, really love this shot, Debbie 🙂 Fantastic!