52 week photography project – Week 4: Long Distance

Source: Week 4: Long distance

For those of you playing along at home here is Week 4 of our 52 week photography project, with the theme of Long distance.

My photo was one of my favourite views, of the aptly named Snowy Mountains, but this time in black and white

Long distance photo of snow for 52 week photography project

Long distance photo

The others photos were fantastic with a portrait, a long distance celebration, a long drop view, crates with a well placed bird, a well travelled suitcase and a shot of the world –  but don’t take my word for it, go and check out the other participants’ long distance shots!! The link is at the top of this post.
I often think the comments accompanying the photos are the best part.

********

Who’s who in the story…

I have joined with 6 photographers, of varying experience, to take a photo every week for a year, one theme at a time. It’s turned into a bit of a family affair actually with my sister, my brother-in-law, my nephew, my husband, my daughter and a close friend of my sister’s.  You can read more about us all here on the About page.

Each week for 52 weeks…

Each week we are given a new theme and must take a photo, add some words and submit it to Tim, who will compile a post at 52 Weeks Photography Group, on Sunday night.  He then tells us our next theme…and so on for 52 weeks! We all enjoy a bit of a comment session after the post goes live which is always fun.

This is the first time I’ve been involved in this project but some of the others are on their second time round. At the end of the previous project they produced a beautiful coffee table book with all the photos and words included from their weekly submissions. It’s a magnificent record of a year in photos.

Week 3 – Transport

Week 2 themeWinter

Week 1 theme – Self Portrait

It’s great to be involved in such a creative challenge with a small supportive group.  I’d love to hear your thoughts on our various takes on either of these themes.  Be sure to click on the link to check out the full post over on the blog 52 Weeks Photography Group.

Happy photographing! Let me know what you think of our long distance photos, I always appreciate your thoughts.

You can also find Deb’s World here – I’d be delighted if you’d join me.

TwitterInstagramPinterestStumbleUponG+Facebook and Flipboard

One thought on “52 week photography project – Week 4: Long Distance

1. August 27, 2017 at 9:58 pm

It is such a great idea. I imagine you start to look around you in a different light thinking of that theme/word for the week and what would capture it.

• August 28, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Yes you’re exactly right, once I know the theme for next week, I start thinking of what I can do with it. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment, I really appreciate it. 😊

2. August 27, 2017 at 10:45 pm

I’d been keeping an eye out for your 52 Photos Deb! I had a momentary fear that you’d stopped (until I went to the main page, that is).

Love this photo, it’s brilliant. Often we see something like a landscape in, well, landscape… but to view this as a portrait really adds a length to that winding road. Taking the road from the corner and having it lead you into the centre of the piece too… Lovely! Great shot 🙂

• August 28, 2017 at 6:07 pm

Thanks for your great comment Shaun and your interest in the project. I’ve been away so haven’t been able to do much blogging and now just trying to catch up. I liked the photo in colour but the snow really stands out in black and white. So glad you also can see how I was trying to lead the eye. 😊

3. August 27, 2017 at 11:34 pm

52 weeks that is some committment ..My longest was the alphabet so well done 🙂

• August 28, 2017 at 6:02 pm

You’re right, it is a commitment but so far I’m enjoying it! Well done on doing the alphabet challenge, I admire anyone who can stick it out 😊

• August 28, 2017 at 10:02 pm

I actually enjoyed it ..and I am happy you are I am loving the photos 🙂

4. Donna
    August 28, 2017 at 2:13 am

I love following along on this project, Deb. This is an absolutely stunning black and white!

• August 28, 2017 at 6:01 pm

Thanks so much Donna, glad you like my shot too. I’m thrilled to have you following along given how busy you are!

5. September 10, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Beautiful. Picture totally depicts long distance.

6. September 10, 2017 at 3:57 pm

Beautiful. Picture totally depicts long distance.