Waiting patiently

The wait was well worth it…..

This week’s Photo Challenge asks us to share a snapshot that shows a sense of waiting

On our recent trip to the Flinders Ranges in South Australia, we walked everyday, we camped out and we enjoyed the spectacular scenery.

Life was easy, simple and slower paced than our usual lifestyle – it was bliss to have the time to just sit and chat with the others in the group, no phone reception took people’s attention away and waiting for dinner to cook on the campfire was one of our greatest delights.

Each afternoon, after we’d returned from our daily expedition, we set about organising dinner.  As it would be cooked over the campfire it needed more time than usual to cook. One night, in the camp oven, we had roast lamb and roast beef, complete with roasted vegetables and damper. Yummy!!

Everything tastes better when cooked outside, over a fire and especially when it’s a group effort.  We loaded up the camp ovens  with coals and let them cook away while we chatted.  Magic!

Some things are worth waiting for….

Deb xx

You can also find Deb’s World here – I’d be delighted if you’d join me.

TwitterInstagramPinterestStumbleUponG+Facebook and Flipboard

One thought on “Waiting patiently

1. September 7, 2017 at 7:26 pm

Deb, it feels so cozy and peaceful! And I totally agree that’s worth waiting for it.
    Lovely post.

2. September 7, 2017 at 9:22 pm

Sounds lovely. I agree with Lucile – cozy is the right word. And so nice to just be with people.

3. September 7, 2017 at 9:31 pm

I’ve never been into camping, and I’m afraid that if cooking over a fire was left to me, everyone would go home very hungry.
    That pot with a loaf of bread in it looks so good! That is serious campfire cooking! Wow.

• September 7, 2017 at 9:34 pm

Yes it was a firs for me too Joanne. I really enjoyed the whole experience,much more than thought I would.

4. September 8, 2017 at 3:12 am

so lovely!

5. Shibin Dinesh
    September 9, 2017 at 5:53 pm

Lovely clicks! Waiting for good food is always worth!

6. September 12, 2017 at 8:07 pm