Travel thoughts – Care, share and respect!

Every journey is a voyage of discovery – Clare Boylan

Travel thoughts, of a travel blogger - care, share, respect

Travel thoughts

The adventure is over.

We are home and have been for a while now.

The clothes that reeked of smoke from the campfire and physical exertion are clean again, my husband’s beard has been removed, the car has been emptied and bags lie around in anticipation of being put away…until the next adventure.

What remains are the memories, the life lessons learnt, the new friends, the thousands of photos we took, and the sense of accomplishment and achievement.

We were explorers, we did things we don’t normally do, we moved outside our comfort zone, we experienced life, we became part of a family, we lived a very simple life for a few weeks and it was all so much fun.

No mirrors, no phone reception, limited Wifi, 1000s of kilometres, a new language, walking, camping, absorbing culture, living in the moment.

Nature and culture at its best.

The simple message I took away from this adventure was – love, care, share and respect.

Values for life we could all use these days.

It doesn’t matter where you travel, what you do, what age you are – if we were all to stick by these sage words, CARE, SHARE and RESPECT, as spoken by the Adnymathanha people in the Flinders Ranges of South Australia, then the world would be a better place.

The world could use some of the serenity that exudes from my photo above – let’s all spread some love – for ourselves, our neighbours and our planet….

*****

You can read all about our recent adventure to the Flinders Ranges here:

Exciting news just in:  I’ve been listed in a list of Top 30 International Retirement Bloggers

Top Retirement Blogger

Top Retirement Blogs

You can also find Deb’s World here – I’d be delighted if you’d join me.

TwitterInstagramPinterestStumbleUponG+Facebook and Flipboard

Until next time

One thought on “Travel thoughts – Care, share and respect!

1. September 12, 2017 at 2:38 pm

Congrats on your award and I bet you are very happy to be home. As much as we love travel, coming home to the familiar is just the best feeling!

2. September 12, 2017 at 11:39 pm

The big and most important word that you wrote was RESPECT, respect yourself and most importantly others and their cultures. I liken travel as visiting someone else’s home, you respect their wishes and may not be able to do things as you would in your own home. Life would be so much easier if only we all saw being “different” as a good thing.
    Suz

• September 15, 2017 at 11:01 am

You’ve said it all so well Suz! Enjoy your next adventures. Thanks again for the engagement, I really enjoy it.

3. September 14, 2017 at 2:46 am

Congrats on being in the top 30 international retirement blogs, Deb! Thanks for sharing your thoughts from your trip. Now onward and upward to the next adventure!

• September 15, 2017 at 10:55 am

Thanks Natalie, I appreciate your comment and congrats. It was very unexpected so I was a bit dubious at first!! The next adventure is my daughter’s wedding in Fiji in three week’s time.

4. September 15, 2017 at 11:44 pm

We too love travel adventures and exploring the wonders of what nature has to offer. In our experience respect is so very important. To respect nature, to respect culture, to respect communities, and to respect each other. If we focus on being respectful, than the others should also follow. Thanks for your thoughtful post 🙂

• September 16, 2017 at 10:50 am

My pleasure Estelle, thanks for your comment! 😊

5. Jodie
    September 18, 2017 at 11:44 pm

Such a great message for any person!!
    XOXO

6. September 19, 2017 at 1:13 am

I feel as though we need that message now more than ever. At least here in the US. Thank you for your reminder and for sharing your travels with us!

• September 23, 2017 at 7:46 pm

Not just the US Anna, everyone needs to get the message.

7. lsgaitan23
    September 19, 2017 at 8:33 am

Words to live by, for sure, especially at this time. It’s so simple, isn’t it? Care, share, respect.

• September 23, 2017 at 7:47 pm

Yes so simple but there’s a great saying ‘easier said than done’ and it applies here I think!!

8. September 19, 2017 at 8:40 am

Oh, my friend, you are so right about those values: care, share and respect. A great motto for this time especially.

• September 23, 2017 at 7:45 pm

Thanks Carol, it is what we need everywhere at the moment I think.

9. September 19, 2017 at 9:07 am

Sounds like you had great adventures. Inspirational words. & congratulations on award!

10. September 19, 2017 at 11:23 am

I loved following your adventure Deb. Wonderful photos that brought the outback alive for me again. Hope you’re having a good week. xo 🙂

11. September 19, 2017 at 11:25 am

Oh and congratulations on the award too Deb. How awesome! Well deserved. 😊

Liked by 2 people

12. September 19, 2017 at 10:38 pm

Care, share, and respect. That should be everyone’s mantra for life, not just travel.

Liked by 2 people

13. September 20, 2017 at 3:24 pm

Congratulations on your achievement!

Liked by 2 people

14. September 24, 2017 at 11:25 pm

Congratulations Deb! I love the ideas that you have shared in this post. I enjoy your reading your work.

Liked by 2 people

• September 26, 2017 at 2:17 pm

Thanks you very much! I love sharing my travels and what I learn from them. This was an amazing trip.

15. October 4, 2017 at 10:17 pm

Congratulations! And Yes, you did great. Best of luck!

16. A Rookie's Guide To Living
    October 12, 2017 at 12:55 am

Hey! Great post, also a great message behind it. I think more people need to learn to care and respect others, and open themselves up to other cultures!

17. October 16, 2017 at 8:03 am

Great words to live by! Thanks for sharing at The Blogger’s Pit Stop! Roseann from http://www.thisautoimmunelife.com

• October 16, 2017 at 9:10 am

Thanks Roseann, I wish more people would think a bit more.

18. October 18, 2017 at 4:27 pm

I just had to open this post when I saw the cover photo. It is so Aussie bush. It reminds me of all the fishing and bush trips we did when our kids were young. Congratulations on the award and your attitude.
    Kathleen

• October 18, 2017 at 5:23 pm

Thanks Kathleen! I loved writing this post and am glad you can relate to it.

19. October 18, 2017 at 7:22 pm

Reblogged this on Logan Gene Cassell.

20. October 24, 2017 at 11:17 pm

No wifi, no connection and just a trip with real friends! We have forgotten the importance of these moments but somehow these moments haven’t forgotten us! Sometime these moments just pop out of nowhere and we are taken by surprise. Please read this similar post about the same here: https://columntribe.wordpress.com/2017/10/23/a-break-from-everyday/