Every journey is a voyage of discovery – Clare Boylan
The adventure is over.
We are home and have been for a while now.
The clothes that reeked of smoke from the campfire and physical exertion are clean again, my husband’s beard has been removed, the car has been emptied and bags lie around in anticipation of being put away…until the next adventure.
What remains are the memories, the life lessons learnt, the new friends, the thousands of photos we took, and the sense of accomplishment and achievement.
We were explorers, we did things we don’t normally do, we moved outside our comfort zone, we experienced life, we became part of a family, we lived a very simple life for a few weeks and it was all so much fun.
No mirrors, no phone reception, limited Wifi, 1000s of kilometres, a new language, walking, camping, absorbing culture, living in the moment.
Nature and culture at its best.
The simple message I took away from this adventure was – love, care, share and respect.
Values for life we could all use these days.
It doesn’t matter where you travel, what you do, what age you are – if we were all to stick by these sage words, CARE, SHARE and RESPECT, as spoken by the Adnymathanha people in the Flinders Ranges of South Australia, then the world would be a better place.
The world could use some of the serenity that exudes from my photo above – let’s all spread some love – for ourselves, our neighbours and our planet….
You can read all about our recent adventure to the Flinders Ranges here:
- Five Fab Favourite Places
- Travel thoughts – Care, share and respect!
- A sentence a day for August: a writing challenge
- 52 week photography project – Week 7: Lollies/sweets/candy
- Aussie outback adventure #5 – Aboriginal Art and Women’s business
- 52 week photography project – Week 6: The natural world
- Aussie outback adventure #4 – Mt Serle
- Aussie outback adventure #3 – a cultural day
- An Aussie outback adventure #2
- An Aussie outback adventure #1
Exciting news just in: I’ve been listed in a list of Top 30 International Retirement Bloggers
You can also find Deb’s World here – I’d be delighted if you’d join me.
Until next time.