52 week photography project – Week 10: Photographer’s Choice

Source: Week 10: Photographer’s Choice

I found this week quite hard, as it was up to each of us to choose a photo! It was much more difficult than I thought it would be.   Isn’t it funny how we can get thrown by simple things – like having too much choice??

So if you’re following along at home here is my photo for Week  10 of our 52 week photography project, with the theme Photographer’s Choice.

Mt Warning framed by cane fields

Mt Warning #1

The words I used to accompany my photo:

When I questioned the theme of Photographer’s choice, while being away from home for the week, my sister’s advice was take a photo of something I wouldn’t find at home. So obviously I chose Mt Warning as my model! The iconic cane fields provide a natural frame to this special place.

I also took this photo of Mt Warning, as framed by some lovely old trees, and had a terrible time choosing which one to use!  In the end I went with the cane fields as they are an icon in the area.  Which one would you have chosen to use?

Mt Warning framed by trees

Mt Warning #2

This week’s photos were another great mix of everyone’s personalities. You’ll have to click the link to go and check them all out.

I often think the comments accompanying the photos are the best part and this week was no exception. Do you have any comments to make?

********

What’s the story behind the 52 week photography project?

I have joined with 6 photographers, of varying experience, to take a photo every week for a year, one theme at a time. That’s 52 weeks of photos!

I’ve been assured it’s all about creativity not necessarily photographic expertise. I am enjoying the challenge of looking for suitable shots as soon as the next week’s theme is announced, it takes over my thinking until I’ve taken my shot and sent it in. Then I can relax a bit!

It’s turned into a bit of a family affair actually with my sister, my brother-in-law, my nephew, my husband, my daughter and a close friend of my sister’s.  You can read more about us all here on the About page.

Each week for 52 weeks…

Each week we are given a new theme and must take a photo, add some words and submit it to Tim (brother-in-law), who will compile a post on Sunday night.  He then tells us our next theme…and so on for 52 weeks! We all enjoy a bit of a comment session after the post goes live which is always fun.

This is the first time I’ve been involved in this project but some of the others are on their second time round. At the end of the previous project they produced a beautiful coffee table book with all the photos and words included from their weekly submissions. It’s a magnificent record of a year in photos.

Week 9: The letter D

Week 8: Old fashioned/Vintage

Week 7: Lollies/sweets/candy

Week 6: The natural world

Week 5 – Up Close

Week 4 – Long Distance

Week 3 – Transport

Week 2 themeWinter

Week 1 theme – Self Portrait

Week 10 of 52 week photography project

Pin me for later

It’s great to be involved in such a creative challenge with a small supportive group.  I’d love to hear your thoughts on our various takes on any of these themes.  Be sure to click on the link to check out the full post over on the blog 52 Weeks Photography Group.

Happy photographing! Let me know what you think of our photos this week, as always I appreciate your thoughts.

You can also find Deb’s World here – I’d be delighted if you’d join me.

TwitterInstagramPinterestStumbleUponG+Facebook and Flipboard

One thought on “52 week photography project – Week 10: Photographer’s Choice

1. September 21, 2017 at 10:59 pm

Reblogged this on All About Writing and more.

2. September 22, 2017 at 3:17 am

That’s a big mountain! Great work with the camera :).

• September 22, 2017 at 7:22 am

Thanks very much, I always try to get a different angle when I’m up that way, so I was pleased to get these shots. Yes it is a big mountain, and quite a hard climb to the top.

3. September 22, 2017 at 7:08 am

Mount Warning is so majestic isn’t it Debbie but I don’t actually think I’ve visited there? I must put it on my bucket list. I always enjoy your photos. x

• September 22, 2017 at 7:24 am

I love seeing Mt Warning, it’s like a beacon to me for lots of reasons and you’re right it is majestic. It’s a hard climb to the top and not recommended these days but there are some lovely cafes and interesting shops around the Murwillumbah area. Well worth a visit one day Sue. Thanks for the comment xx

4. September 22, 2017 at 7:55 am

Both great shots. The Mountain is an interesting shape.

• September 22, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Yes it as a real hook doesn’t it? It is very majestic and stands out for miles.

5. September 22, 2017 at 8:03 am

Beautiful pics and a great project idea! I can’t wait to see what else comes out of this.

• September 22, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Thanks Tony, it’s fun and keeps the creative juices flowing.

6. September 22, 2017 at 8:26 pm

I loved both the pictures, both are beautiful & unique, lovely frames👍🏻😊

7. September 22, 2017 at 8:51 pm

Awesome initiative! I know someone who did a 100 daily photos challenge. They’re great to boost creative thinking:) Your photos are amazing! Thanks for the idea, I might look into doing something similar sometime.

8. September 23, 2017 at 12:19 am

I really like this idea. I have seen people that have done a 30 day photo challenge as well. It’s a great way to keep the creative juices flowing.

• September 23, 2017 at 6:26 am

It is good to think outside the box and you are right it keeps the creative juices flowing.

9. Julie
    September 23, 2017 at 6:16 am

Love the idea of a photo a week group. I also enjoyed both of your photo of Mt Warning.

10. September 23, 2017 at 7:31 am

Nice pictures! I also love how you guys made it into a family project! Great way to have fun and spend quality time together!

• September 23, 2017 at 7:43 am

Yes Claire, it’s ended up being a nice family group and although we are scattered all over the world it brings us together each week. Thanks.

11. September 23, 2017 at 7:31 am

As an amateur photographer, I can say that those photos are incredibly beautiful. I love the fine line of that mount warning, It’s unusual shape makes it very attractive. I would love to join your group if I’m qualified 🙂

• September 23, 2017 at 7:42 am

Thanks for your positive comment on my photos, I too love the line of Mt Warning. As to joining in, it’s a small, closed group and not taking new members just at the moment. You are more than welcome to follow along though!!

12. September 23, 2017 at 9:37 pm

Sometimes when choices are thrown at you, there’s either too much to choose from.. or too little to think of. You did a great job, and have taken up quite a challenge here. Love your photography. Cheers!!