A sentence a day for September: a writing challenge

September – in a Sentence a Day

I joined in with some wonderful bloggers for the Sentence a Day writing challenge for the month of June and July and August!  It’s now time for September, how can it already be September?

In the first week of the new month, a group of like-minded bloggers link their posts to share what’s been happening in their worlds.  It’s fun, but also hard to limit it to one sentence a day.

So without further ado here we go with a sentence a day in SEPTEMBER:

1. Friday: Drive to Canberra for Rotary Youth Exchange training weekend meeting the new Inbound students here for a year.

Group photo (just missing one student) at Rotary Youth Exchange weekend

Group photo

2. Saturday: Had fun with Exchange students with great activities like crate stacking and bush walking.
  3. Sunday: Finish up the weekend training and stay with daughter and son in law for the night as it’s Father’s Day!
  4. Monday: Drive home from Canberra, unpack and attend Rotary dinner meeting for first time in ages.  I nearly had to introduce myself to them all it’s been so long!
  5. Tuesday: Busy day with medical appointments, dentist and eye tests followed by AGM dinner for local cycling group (and yes I got a job!).
  6. Wednesday: Dinner with friends to discuss recent travels to the Flinders Ranges.
  7. Thursday: A day around the house – just for a change!
  8. Friday: Attended a funeral of a grand old man and had fun listening to his family share stories of his wonderful life.
  9. Saturday: Local council elections helped out on a stall and enjoyed the spring sunshine in my glass house in the garden.
  10. Sunday: Lunch with some good friends, on a lovely spring day followed by my first run in ages.
  11. Monday: Went to my women’s education meeting, our final one for the year.  Our topic this time was Travel writers, a topic very close to my heart!
  12. Tuesday: A walk in the forest followed by a coffee with a friend. STOP PRESS: I was listed as one of the Top International Retirement Blogs in 217!

Top Retirement Blogger

Top Retirement Blogger

13. Wednesday: Fly to stay with my mother for the week as my father isn’t doing too well and mum needs some support.
  14. Thursday: Went for a walk with mum and a friend, shopping and chats.
  15. Friday: Walk, jobs around the house, visited dad followed by movies with mum to see Ali’s Wedding.
  16. Saturday: A lovely relaxing day at home,  and then a catch up with friends for afternoon tea.
  17. Sunday: A later start before visiting dad for lunch and a catch up.
  18. Monday: Walk before helping mum in the garden and doing jobs around town.
  19. Tuesday: Walk with mum and a friend, then lunch with mum before visiting dad an participating in the drumming session with the residents at dad’s care facility. Stayed the night on the coast and had a great night out with mum. I wrote this post about the layers of life.

Drumming with dad

Drumming session with dad

20. Wednesday: Walk along the beach with mum before breakfast and then the flight home.

A different sort of green and gold flying over Wagga Wagga

A different sort of green and gold

21. Thursday: A fun day out at the Henty Field Days – an agribusiness supermarket attracting more than 60,000 visitors each year. It’s a three day event with a mix of everything farmers and their families could ever wish to see and buy. It’s a cornucopia and and deserved more than one sentence!
  22. Friday: A tad exhausted today.
  23. Saturday: Coffee with a friend while our husbands helped work on producing mountain bike trails in the forest.  I also changed my mind on my outfit for my daughter’s wedding.
  24. Sunday: Not a lot happened today except a walk to check out the progress of the mountain bike trails.
  25. Monday: Hearing and eye tests followed by Rotary dinner meeting.  Feeling old!
  26. Tuesday: Early morning massage which was amazing, no power in the house all day due to maintenance.
  27. Wednesday: 5.5km walk in the forest before a beauty treatment – so relaxing and my skin feels great.
  28. Thursday: Last hair appointment before the wedding next week, then a talk over lunch to the local CWA (Country Women’s Association) about Nepal then dinner and movie club night.
  29. Friday: Clean house in preparation for my sister and brother-in-law’s visit. this weekend.
  30. Saturday: Coffee morning and a friend’s 60th party.

So that was my month – in a sentence a day!  It’s interesting looking back and seeing how much I managed to fit into the month.

Why not try this challenge for yourself?  It is surprising what you might write over the course of the month and it is fun reading.  You can then link up and read other posts from those taking part in the challenge.  I’ll warn you that it is hard to keep it to just one sentence sometimes – or is that just me?

A sentence a day for September on my blog

A sentence a day for September

The year is just racing by isn’t it?  Wishing you all a fantastic month ahead and thanks for stopping by my blog.

As you read this I will be in Fiji where our youngest daughter gets married on October 8 – we are all so excited!

See you next month!

You can also follow Deb’s World here:

By clicking on the blue frog button below you can add your own link or view other entries for this month’s sentence a day.

One thought on “A sentence a day for September: a writing challenge

1. October 5, 2017 at 11:44 pm

Congratulations Debbie! Deserved. You have a top blog.

2. October 6, 2017 at 11:10 am

It is amazing to see how busy every one is when keeping track each day. I hope to rejoin in Dec/January when I have more time. Enjoyed the read!

• October 13, 2017 at 7:38 am

Hi Terri, life is busy for everyone in different ways. I enjoy keeping track of what goes on this way. Look forward to seeing you join in 😊

3. October 7, 2017 at 8:33 am

Congratulations on the Figi wedding. That sounds wonderful. I’ve been riding along or two or three on calendars for years which are then can transfer to a journal and expound upon whatever was happening. This idea of a sentence a day is a very neat way of doing that.

• October 13, 2017 at 7:40 am

Thanks for your comment and congratulations for the wedding. It was brilliant fun. This is certainly is a different way of keeping track of the month’s activities and quite fun too.

4. October 12, 2017 at 3:05 am

What a fun idea. Happy Marriage to your daughter.

• October 12, 2017 at 8:23 am

Thanks Elise, it’s a great way of keeping track of what goes on in a month. The wedding was a beautiful family time.

5. October 12, 2017 at 7:30 am

I love this idea, not only for the blog, but for myself. A great easy way to keep memories.

• October 12, 2017 at 8:22 am

It’s really quite easy to do too Jess, I just have a draft that I update every few days. I like keeping a track of what goes on. Thanks for reading.

6. mommyhon333
    October 12, 2017 at 11:42 am

Sooo, how was the wedding? Will be anxious for pics and your sentences from October.

Congratulations on being one of the top retirement bloggers for the year. What an honor. From what career did you retire? I flip-flop between wanting to be retired and wanting to work. I loved my job and I think that’s the reason I flip-flop. Plus I have no retired friends and no family in El Paso so when I am not working, I am home alone.

Glad you were able to visit your parents and give your mom some support. So nice to be able to just go for walks, lunch, shopping with our parents. My mom is 90 and doesn’t get out much but when we visit, she is game for eating out and going for drives. Planning a trip to see her soon. This is precious time we have together.

• October 13, 2017 at 10:15 am

Hi there, thanks for reading my September sentence a day post! The wedding was brilliant fun and going to Fiji for a week was just a bonus 🙂
      I was made redundant from being a Manager in Correctional Centre for males ( a jail) late last year as the government felt they could provide the services at cheaper rate 😦 It was a rewarding career and I enjoyed adult education immensley. Now I’m travelling and enjoying my freedom.
      My parents live a long way away so it’s good to be able to visit more often now without worrying about work issues. We always manage to have fun together.
      Nice to hear from you Leslie. Unfortunately the linkup didn’t seem to work in my post this month.

• mommyhon333
        October 17, 2017 at 8:31 pm

Glad to know you are enjoying retirement and the freedom it brings.

7. October 12, 2017 at 5:02 pm

What a very clever way to recount a month. Love it. And I really enjoyed your recap. Wonderful. xo

8. October 13, 2017 at 2:32 pm

Hi Deb,
    Congrats on being the new Blogger’s Pit Stop linky hostess. A sentence a day? I was going to recommend you write 100 words at Virily a day. You might make some money.
    Janice

• October 14, 2017 at 2:52 pm

Thanks very much for the congrats Janice. Your comment is interesting so I checked out Virily – maybe one day! I’m not really into making money but that might change one day 🙂

9. October 13, 2017 at 10:05 pm

Hey there,
    Don’t you just love this link up and how these posts are a nice concise recap of all of our busy months? I only joined a few months ago but I’m loving documenting daily things.
    You sound like such a busy lady. I think your daughter’s wedding will have happened by now so I hope you had a wonderful time celebrating with family and friends.
    Great to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you.

• October 14, 2017 at 2:50 pm

Hi Lindsay, it is a great way to catch up with what everyone is doing. I love it! The wedding went well and I’m now missing my daughter’s as everyone has returned home to normal life. That awful down time after a superb family holiday. Thanks for visiting and reading about my month, I love having visitors over and getting comments 🙂