The Serenity of a Sunset

Travelling can be stressful at times and this was one of those days.

But watching this sunset over the estuary at Maketu, on New Zealand’s North Island, all the stress of the day disappeared.

Sunset at Maketu, New Zealand

Sunset at Maketu, New Zealand

After a long deep breath, all was right with our world after all.

Sunset at Maketu, New Zealand

Sunset at Maketu, New Zealand

Now, that’s what I call serene!

What do you find serene and calming? Take a deep breath and leave me a comment below 🙂

May your next few weeks of the silly season be peaceful and serene.

Wishing you some calmness and quiet time among the busy fun filled days ahead.

Deb xx

You can also find Deb’s World here – I’d be delighted if you’d join me.

TwitterInstagramPinterestStumbleUponG+Facebook and Flipboard

One thought on “The Serenity of a Sunset

1. November 30, 2017 at 3:47 pm

Wonderful choice of photos for this topic! I also chose a sunset photot this week…

2. November 30, 2017 at 8:07 pm

Being amongst trees – tall ones – in the bush makes me feel serene and calm.

Tim and I spent a few days at Springbook in the Gold Coast hinterland a few years ago, and the feeling of peace that flooded over me as we walked along the track to the ‘Best of All Lookout’ was amazing. It felt like all the stress that was in my body just washed away. Fabulous! I can highly recommend it.

Great sunset photos Deb – the colours are gorgeous!

• November 30, 2017 at 10:06 pm

Thanks for answering my question Sharon, I’m always pleased to hear your thoughts. I can just imagine the feeling of serenity amongst the tall trees! I felt something similar while watching this sunset, especially after a stressful day! I appreciate your comments on my photos too 🙂

3. November 30, 2017 at 8:07 pm

I can always find time for a good sunset. What else? A field of nodding sunflowers!

• November 30, 2017 at 10:08 pm

I love sunflowers too Andrew, thanks for stopping by!

4. November 30, 2017 at 9:34 pm

Gorgeous…very Turneresque

5. December 1, 2017 at 3:11 am

These are stunning photographs. 🌼

• December 1, 2017 at 6:46 am

Many thanks for your comment. I can feel the peace again just by looking at these photos, it was a real gem of a place we were staying and the sunsets were the icing on the cake.

6. leannelc
    December 1, 2017 at 3:31 pm

I love sunsets (I see more of them than sunrises!) I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to sunsets over the ocean because they are the best! Loved your pics 🙂

• December 1, 2017 at 3:41 pm

They certainly are pretty amazing and never the same one twice! I like the idea of a whole Pinterest board dedicated to just sunsets too. Thanks for stopping by Leanne 🙂

7. December 1, 2017 at 7:07 pm

Beautiful photos – thanks for sharing!

• December 1, 2017 at 7:10 pm

My pleasure, I love sunsets and the peace they exude.

8. December 2, 2017 at 4:04 am

I adore sunsets… the peace that they make you feel is out of this world! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous photos! #bloggerspitstop

9. December 2, 2017 at 1:48 pm

Utterly beautiful — and perfect for the challenge Debbie. I’m impressed you got to Maketu. It’s a place I really love, but hardly anyone I know has ever been there.

10. December 3, 2017 at 6:50 pm

Debbie, the three of your photos above are beautiful sunsets. I too love sunsets, as you say each one is different. The Master artist gives us this gift most evenings, like you mentioned it is serene and calming.
    Kathleen

11. December 3, 2017 at 10:01 pm

So beautiful and serene, I felt calmer just looking at your pics Deb.

12. www.retirementreflections.com
    December 4, 2017 at 1:37 pm

I agree that deep breaths, sunrises and sunsets can be very calming. Also warm baths, yoga, hot herbal tea, fireplaces, candles, soft music…….

13. December 4, 2017 at 4:05 pm

So very true and beautiful.