Photographer’s Choice #2 – Week 20 of 52 week photography project

Welcome to my wrap-up post for Week 20 of our 52 Week Photo Project.

The theme for Week 20 was Photographer’s Choice which always means hard choices have to be made, well for me anyway! It’s hard enough having a one word theme to find inspiration for each week but when the choice is completely open, it’s extra hard, believe me!  My sister wrote a very similar comment to this in a recent post

Night in Auckland

Auckland by Night

Auckland by Night was my choice for this week.  The city was beautifully lit up with the Sky Tower taking centre stage and as this was the view from our Airbnb I couldn’t resist the opportunity to share it. I live in a small country town so the opportunity to capture the bright lights of the city are few and far between.

I see the prompt of Photographer’s Choice as a way to extend myself – I’ve only been using a ‘proper’ camera for the past few weeks and am trying to experiment to get used to its settings.  Up until then I was quite happy with using my phone photos. I know it’s not always easy to capture a good night shot but I thought I’d give it a try. What do you think?

The photos for Photographer’s Choice #2 show a great variety of talent, as per usual!

Alison’s photo was of a favourite little girl and a family’s love.

Daniel captured his new puppy Ziggy with the most exquisite look on her face.

Grant’s photo was a one of the many creative props used at Hobbiton in New Zealand.

Melanie shot a gorgeous photo of a stylish spa which she’s taking me to when I next visit her.

Sharon’s photo was very professional and could easily find its way into a magazine. She had it planned and it worked out really well!

Tim’s photo was also very professional and his accompanying words show a new direction for his photography.

I encourage you to go and have a look for yourself and let me know what you think of this week’s collection of photos. It’s always fun to see what everyone comes up with and the accompanying words are always well worth a read too as you get a sense of where the photographer was coming from!

You can read more about the story behind the project here: 52 week photography project  – but basically I have joined with 6 photographers, of varying experience, to take a photo every week for a year, one theme at a time. That’s 52 weeks of photos!

With each photo we also submit some accompanying words which works well for me because as anyone who has seen my pathetic attempt at Wordless Wednesdays knows,  I just can’t do the wordless bit very well.

It’s always interesting to see how each of us interpret the theme.

Next week’s theme is Play which should be fun – except I have no ideas just yet!!

Enjoy the week ahead!

You can also find Deb’s World here – come join me.

TwitterInstagramPinterestStumbleUponG+Facebook and Flipboard

One thought on “Photographer’s Choice #2 – Week 20 of 52 week photography project

1. December 2, 2017 at 5:05 pm

A picture is worth a thousand words I like your style.

• December 2, 2017 at 6:39 pm

Thanks for your comment – I agree with you about a picture being worth a thousand words but I always seem to struggle to let the photo do the talking! I appreciate your visit 🙂

2. Losing the Plot
    December 2, 2017 at 6:44 pm

Wow, your night time shot is stunning! I bet you are proud of that!

• December 2, 2017 at 6:52 pm

Thanks very much for your positive feedback! I am pleased with my progress but still have much to learn. I am enjoying the weekly project though and thinking creatively.

3. December 2, 2017 at 6:57 pm

This is a stunning shot! I’ve always found night time shots annoyingly difficult, so I love seeing how well other photographers manage to capture these images.

• December 2, 2017 at 7:06 pm

I really appreciate your feedback as I’m still trying to get my head around using a real camera and all that entails. I was pleased with the end result here though and will continue making progress as the year unfolds! Thanks again 🙂

4. December 2, 2017 at 7:19 pm

Lovely shot. A visit to Aukland is on my To Do list. Looks amazing. AND I love the little snow effect on your blog.

• December 2, 2017 at 7:22 pm

Thanks a lot for taking the time to eave a comment. It was my first time to Auckland and I must say apart from the traffic, which was awful, I really liked the city.
      Haha the snow effect is a WordPress thing for Christmas but it makes me laugh every year, because it’s definitely not the time of year in Australia for snow. I do like the effect though and it makes me smile as I see it fluttering down. Loved that you noticed it and thought to comment on it too 🙂

5. December 2, 2017 at 8:14 pm

Very enjoyable. Such a super talent to have

• December 3, 2017 at 11:45 am

Many thanks for your kind comment although I’m not sure I agree with you. I’m very much a work in progress 🙂

6. December 2, 2017 at 10:01 pm

Lovely photo Debbie…..Auckland at night looks gorgeous.

• December 3, 2017 at 11:46 am

Thanks it was a beautiful city, especially at night!

7. December 2, 2017 at 11:46 pm

We all are looking for something different so I’m sure that must have really attracted you to this capture. What is this contest all about? Do share details.

• December 3, 2017 at 11:48 am

Thanks for your interest in the project. I have left links to various posts, hopefully they work for you!

8. December 2, 2017 at 11:51 pm

That’s a very lovely picture! However, is it horrible that before reading the caption I thought it was Russia? No idea why I thought that.

• December 3, 2017 at 11:49 am

No it’s not horrible to think it was Russia but you did make me laugh when I read the comment 🙂 Maybe it’s the tower??

9. December 2, 2017 at 11:59 pm

Beautiful picture. There is something magical about the light you capture in the night. Always enjoy your shots.

• December 3, 2017 at 11:50 am

That’s a lovely comment to make, thanks very much for dropping by 🙂

10. December 3, 2017 at 4:07 am

I think you’ve covered the challenge spec admirably with your Auckland at Night photograph. I think it’s stunning. Well done 👍

11. December 3, 2017 at 5:07 am

Lovely pic. There’s so much a picture says and so many different ways to interpret it, isn’t there? That gives me an idea for a blog post! 😉

• December 3, 2017 at 11:52 am

I look forward to reading your post Lisa, it’s always good to share inspiration and it’s amazing where it can come from sometimes. Lovely to have you visit.

12. December 3, 2017 at 5:56 pm

This is a wonderful night shot! As you said, they are definitely not always easy to capture! I think this photo is very well done! 🙂

13. December 4, 2017 at 5:28 am

HOW WONDERFUL. i LOVE SEEING SUCH BEAUTY.

14. www.retirementreflections.com
    December 4, 2017 at 1:30 pm

I love following your Photography Project, Deb, and checking out the different perspectives. Your photo of Auckland by Night is absolutely stunning!

15. December 7, 2017 at 2:43 pm

Very Nice photo

16. December 10, 2017 at 4:20 am

I am soooo tempted to start on photography. It’s actually a fantastic hobby, isn’t it? There is so much beauty to find outside that we don’t even notice. I have got a really expensive camera locked up at home instead of using it, how stupid is that!

• December 10, 2017 at 6:28 pm

You should do it Claudia! With your creative flair you’d be a natural at it 🙂