December – in a Sentence a Day
I can’t believe I’ve now been linking up my monthly Sentence a Day posts for six months. I’m well and truly hooked on doing them! In case you missed the earlier ones you, you can find them here: June, July , August, September, October and November
I’m part of a group of bloggers from around the world who all link up their monthly posts on the first Thursday of the new month. It’s really fun and quite a simple way to keep track of the months without being too wordy. You are more than welcome to join in.
So without further ado here we go with a sentence a day for December:
December is usually the party season with my birthday less than 2 weeks before Christmas and then all the break up parties, Christmas parties and of course the summer holidays. It can be quite exhausting!
- Friday: Summer started today with a rather wet cold day.
- Saturday: Another really wet day spent doing inside things.
- Sunday: Wet, wet, wet! When will summer start??
- Monday: Cold and overcast – Aqua Aerobics classes were due to start today but as the weather wasn’t too good and I was the only who turned up, it was called it off. I celebrated with my former work colleagues at a Christmas lunch where we each presented our Annual Report.
- Tuesday: Went for a walk and in the afternoon I decorated my gingerbread house at a fundraising event which was heaps of fun!
- Wednesday: Still cool for this time of year – lunch out with two friends followed by a walk in the forest.
- Thursday: A bit warmer today with sunshine so Aqua Aerobics was quite pleasant.
- Friday: Another nice day with a walk and preparing for our daughter and SIL’s visit later today – an early birthday celebration weekend for me!
- Saturday: Coffee and a chat at our favourite cafe in town with our daughter and SIL, then a relaxing afternoon at home, a walk through the bush and a bbq dinner.
- Sunday: A warm sunny day, a quick trip out to the lake for a paddle with our daughter and her husband before they left for the 3 hour drive home. A relaxing afternoon reading.
- Monday: Aqua aerobics session at the local pool, a beautiful warm sunny day.
- Tuesday: My 57th birthday! I had a lovely day starting with calls from my family, a walk, lunch out with my husband and reading in the hammock – it was a very warm day!
- Wednesday: A hot day which I spent working as an Outdoor Activity leader with high school students. It’s the hardest I’ve worked for quite some time and I was very tired afterwards!
- Thursday: Our little town has a Christmas Carnival every year which takes over the main street, organised by the local Rotary and Lions Clubs, and I helped out cooking on the bbq while enjoying the evening festivities.
- Friday: My book club group had our Christmas party at Nest Cinema Cage (my favourite) with dinner and a movie and lots of book chat!
- Saturday: Fly from Wagga Wagga to the Gold Coast to see mum and dad for a few days, met up with my brother, my sister and her husband.
- Sunday: An early Christmas Day with lots of family getting together for lunch. We were able to bring dad out too and enjoyed spending family time together. (Thanks to my brother-in-law, Tim, for capturing this great family photo, I’m sure he’s happy I’ve used it here).
- Monday: A quiet day as everyone had left except mum and I. Had a walk along the beach before popping in to see dad then stopping to look at new cars for mum.
- Tuesday: An early morning walk before it got too hot and then a day of odd jobs around the house before enjoying Chinese takeaway for dinner and watching a movie together.
- Wednesday: Visited dad and wished him a Merry Christmas, farewelled mum and then flew home to get ready for our next trip away.
- Thursday: Warm day just perfect for aqua aerobics session, coffee with friends and dinner out with our cycling group – in between trying to unpack and repack for next week away.
- Friday: Packed up the car and drove 3 hours to daughter’s place, lunched, shopped and had a pedicure together before food shopping at Costco which was surprisingly pleasant.
- Saturday: Drove 2.5 hours to our beach cottage ‘home’ for the next week. A refreshing swim in the ocean was just what we needed after unpacking our copious bags of food!!
- Sunday: It was a bit cooler today but we still managed to walk, ride and relax before our family tradition of fresh cooked fish and chips for dinner.
- Monday: Christmas Day was cooler than expected with grey skies but very pleasant for an early morning walk along the beach with husband, daughter and SIL followed by lunch with parents and sister in law. A lazy relaxing day.
- Tuesday: Another cooler day with overcast skies but the beach was busy with families out and about everywhere, enjoying the beach, riding their bikes, walking, running – I had a lovely 8km walk listening to an audio book and taking in the views.
- Wednesday: My favourite sister-in-law’s birthday, (she’s more like a sister), a lazy day spent relaxing before dinner at a Thai Restaurant with the family.
- Thursday: We decided to extend our stay for another two nights and luckily the weather warmed up and we went swimming (with dolphins nearby), out to lunch and did even more riding.
- Friday: A really warm day as our daughter and SIL packed up to return home and we went swimming, walking and riding in the summer’s heat.
- Saturday: We packed up and left our cosy beach cottage, it was 30C at 10am and went to stay with my parents-in-law for the night. I caught up with an old friend which was just delightful!
- Sunday: We left for our 5+ hours drive home stopping for a break with our daughter and SIL on the way and miraculously we managed to stay up to watch the fireworks on TV and see in 2018 before crashing!
Well that was December! How was your festive season?
Wishing you all a fantastic month ahead and best wishes for a happy and healthy 2018. Thanks for stopping by to read my blog, I really appreciate your visit.
If you enjoyed reading my post I’d love to hear your thoughts, maybe tell me what you enjoyed most about your month?
(Click on the blue frog to view other posts and to add your link)
You can also follow Deb’s World here: