Bloggers Bash Awards – London here we come!

Annual Bloggers Bash Awards

With just over 2 months to go, the Bloggers Bash is fast approaching! I have my ticket in my hot little hand!!!

Which means it’s not long until I get to meet, hug, smile and talk blogging, to Sacha and all the hardworking committee, plus many of the bloggers I regularly read and who have become ‘friends’.

From Tumbarumba Australia to Chiswick London UK

Yes that’s right – I’m going to London, to not only to visit the Queen, but to meet many of my blogging friends in real life – how exciting is that??

All the way from Australia!!

It just so happens that the Mathematician and I had plans to visit our (blogging) daughter in the UK this year and it coincided with the date set for the annual Bloggers Bash. How’s that for serendipity??

So it was decided, cue eye rolling from said Mathematician, that Melanie and I would attend the Bash together and finally meet some of our blogging buddies in person.  It feels weird to know it’s finally going to happen but I’m very excited too. Talking blogging, learning new skills, listening to others and seeing who wins each category will be a lot of fun.

What is the Bloggers Bash?

I am keen to support the committee in their quest to make the Bash a success and so am happy to provide the following information for those of you who don’t know what the awards are.  I have nominated and voted for my favourite bloggers in previous years and this year will be no different.

Last year I tuned into the awards through Facebook Live and enjoyed watching from afar – this year I’ll be there in real life 🙂

The Annual Bloggers Bash is now in its fourth year and we’ve been assured that it will be bigger and better than ever this year, on Saturday 19 May.  The venue is booked, and the committee has been busy working behind the scenes to ensure we all have a day full of fun, learning opportunities, networking, and, of course, the blogtastic award ceremony.  The award categories are listed below and anyone can nominate and vote for their favourite bloggers.

The Bloggers Bash was created by Sacha Black and she is aided by an intrepid committee of eight bloggers.  The Bash is open to any blogger, regardless of age or niche. Previous events have included speakers, competitions, a panel, and attendees from all over the UK, Europe, the US, and Canada.

I’m looking forward to the opportunity to network, eat cake, and meet some of my amazing online friends in person! I’m sure there’ll be lots of Debbie Smiles and photo opportunities for future blog posts 🙂

Nominations, sponsors, writing competition, tickets…..

The award categories have been announced, and you can check them out here for more detailed information. Start thinking about who you’d like to nominate, as nominations open ON TUESDAY 6th March – that’s today!

• Best Overall Blogger
  • Funniest Blogger
  • Most Inspirational Blogger
  • Most Informative Blogger (original content)
  • Best Book Review Blog
  • Services to Bloggers
  • Hidden Gem
  • Newcomer Blogger
  • Best Pal

Tickets are still discounted – you can get yours now by clicking the link.

There’s also a Writing Competition and you can find the details here – The Bloggers Bash Blog Post Competition – it offers real prize money!

This year the awards have a sponsorGreenstory will be sponsoring the Bash awards this year – they’re a fantastic eco-friendly company who are awarding each of the winners with a STONE notebook… Yes, a notebook actually made of stone. For more details, check out a review of the notebook by Suzie here.

This infographic gives you all the key dates you’ll need. You won’t want to miss the nominating or voting cutoff dates.

So what to do next?

Start thinking of who you believe deserves to be nominated for an award – make sure you read the more detailed information on each category and start nominating by going to this link and read the small print (rules) as well Nominations are now open for the Bloggers Bash – make sure you scroll down to the bottom of the page for all the information!

Some bloggers have setup a spreadsheet to keep track of their nominations and others have notebooks full of their favourite bloggers.  There are of course rules and one of them is that you can’t nominate your own blog for an award )as if you’d want to do that!).  For more information read this post.

Good luck to everyone and I know I’m already a winner because this year I get to be there in person.  That makes me very happy 🙂

If you’re attending the Bloggers Bash awards leave me a comment below, so I can update my list of who I’ll get to meet.

See you soon London!

Deb xx

You can also find Deb’s World here – let’s stay in touch!

TwitterInstagramPinterestStumbleUponG+Facebook and Flipboard

One thought on “Bloggers Bash Awards – London here we come!

1. March 6, 2018 at 7:58 pm

How exciting Debbie. Wish I was coming with you! 🙂

2. March 6, 2018 at 8:31 pm

Reblogged this on minzkhaitan.

3. March 6, 2018 at 10:35 pm

That’s great Deb, I will be interested to hear about the events. Louise

• March 7, 2018 at 8:53 am

I’m sure you’ll hear something about the events Louise!

4. Grammy Dee | Grammy's Grid
    March 6, 2018 at 11:36 pm

Have a great time, although I’m sure you will and enjoy your visit with your daughter. Shared your post ♥

• March 7, 2018 at 8:53 am

Thanks so much – it will be great to spend time with her and her fiance and the new puppy and the rabbit 🙂

5. March 7, 2018 at 4:08 am

Looking forward to finally meeting you in person, Deb. See you in London. 😀

Liked by 2 people

• March 7, 2018 at 8:52 am

I’m starting to get a bit nervous now that it’s actually getting real Hugh!! But I can’t wait to finally meet you too after all this time 🙂

6. Retirement Reflections
    March 7, 2018 at 5:49 am

Hi, Deb – I am totally jealous!! Wish I was going to meet you there. Next year??

• March 7, 2018 at 8:51 am

It’s just so lucky the way timings have happened Donna, I’m very fortunate to be able to travel all that way and see my daughter at the same time. I’ll send reports don’t worry 🙂

7. March 7, 2018 at 8:18 am

How exciting for you Deb and wish I could fit in your suitcase! Maybe they will have one in Australia (she says with fingers crossed). It is also exciting to be going on a fabulous trip with your husband and seeing your daughter in the UK. Just wonderful and you really deserve it. xx

• March 7, 2018 at 8:48 am

It will be so good Sue, I’m really looking forward to it as you can imagine! I’ll see what I can do about having an awards ceremony in Australia! Thanks for your kind word sand I’d take you in my suitcase but unfortunately it will be full! 🙂

8. March 7, 2018 at 9:18 am

So excited that I’ll get to meet you Debbie!!!!! 💜💜💜

9. March 7, 2018 at 4:14 pm

Have a great trip Debbie. We went to our first TBEX last year and really enjoyed it.

10. March 7, 2018 at 4:46 pm

That’s great news Deb. I wish I was going too…maybe one day. How wonderful to meet everyone in person, especially our BUYB community. 🙂

• March 7, 2018 at 9:49 pm

That’s what I think too Lorelle, it will be great to meet so many of our BUYB community!! 😊

11. March 8, 2018 at 8:48 am

See you there 😃 it’s my first time there. I’m really looking forward to it 😃👍

12. March 10, 2018 at 8:55 pm

How exciting that you get to go to London to attend the bash, and meet your blogging friends too!

• March 12, 2018 at 7:23 am

I know, I’m so lucky I can get there. Getting excited about my big trip now. 😊

13. March 10, 2018 at 8:56 pm

Oh I wish I was going! I am still watching the cost of flights….hoping something reasonable may pop up. We have checked rail too, but with the Prince and his wedding, everything has jumped up to 3x the normal price! Have fun!!!

Liked by 2 people

• March 12, 2018 at 7:23 am

Thanks, I’m very lucky and am keen as to meet everyone. Keep checking you just never know what will pop up. How inconsiderate of Harry to decide to have his wedding on the same day as the bash!!

14. noellekelly
    March 10, 2018 at 9:11 pm

I thought I could go this year, but other family holiday commitments scuppered my plans unfortunately 😦 I’ll just have to watch online again! But have an absolute ball!

• March 12, 2018 at 7:21 am

What a shame you’ll miss it Noelle! But at least you can tune in online, which I actually quite enjoyed last year. I’m sure it will be fun 😊

15. March 10, 2018 at 9:38 pm

I’ll be a newbie, too. I’m so excited you and Mel will be there! xox

• March 12, 2018 at 7:20 am

Woohoo! Party time, so happy we will get to meet you too. 😊

16. March 10, 2018 at 9:39 pm

Might catch up with you Deb while you are in the UK 🙂 How long are you there for? Maybe PM 🙂

17. March 10, 2018 at 10:34 pm

Can’t wait to meet you. Deb!! x

• March 12, 2018 at 7:19 am

So excited to meet you Shelley, I’ve just read your Guardian books and loved them. I might be too nervous to speak to you all…..nah that won’t happen. 😂😂

• March 12, 2018 at 9:22 am

Haha, it’ll be shutting us all up that’ll be the problem 😁 I’m SO happy that you enjoyed my books!! ❤️ Thank you so much xx 😚

18. March 10, 2018 at 10:45 pm

Deb I have my ticket too and am looking forward to it! See you there.

19. March 11, 2018 at 2:00 am

Very exciting. I can’t wait to read about your experiences. May 19th is turning out to be a very important date in history. It was on this date in 2002 that I quit smoking. It was on this date in 2011 that Chris and I got married. In 2018 it will be on this date that Harry and Meghan get married and most importantly, it will be on this date that Deb attends the Blogger Bash Award. I don’t think all of England is prepared for this type of excitement overload, never mind just London.

• March 12, 2018 at 7:17 am

Haha Jennifer, you made me laugh with your comment!! I might have to use the last two sentences as a quote/recommendation on my blog somewhere! What a huge day it’s turning out to be, and such historic events happened. Congrats on the giving up smoking and your wedding anniversary. I’m sure my invite is in the mail now that Harry and Meghan know I’ll be in the area 😊. It’s going to be HUGE!!

20. March 11, 2018 at 3:46 am

Awesome post supporting the conmitttee that works very hard behind the scenes to make this work… and very good to see you heading to the bash for real. Hope you enjoy London too.

• March 12, 2018 at 7:12 am

Thanks Gary, I appreciate all the effort that goes into organising these events so am happy to share.

• March 13, 2018 at 12:02 am

I hear you Debbie. I’ve bern involved in voluntary events and charity functions and am always, as a result, fully appreciative of anybody organising them. So good to see you acknowledging it!

21. March 11, 2018 at 6:47 pm

Hey Debs, great post and I am also beyond excited to be coming along to the Bash. See you there! Jill x

22. March 13, 2018 at 8:29 am

I’m introducing extra stretching into my daily routine so my arms are ready for all the hugs 😊

• March 13, 2018 at 8:46 am

Great idea! I’m keeping my smile practice up as I think it will be getting a good workout. 😊🤗 can’t wait for all the squeals and hugs and smiles and chat!!!!

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w