Pull up a chair – Week 35 of 52 week photo project

Welcome to this week’s wrap-up post

The theme for Week 35/52: A Chair

Come on in, take a seat, we have chairs galore here!

A sidecar is also known as a chair!

A sidecar is also known as a chair!

This week we were given instructions to not only feature a chair in our photo, we had to say a few words about the chair and the story behind it.  I ended up writing an essay!!

Meet Bruce and Colleen and their grandson Mitch. They’ve just been for a Kokoda training walk in the forest at the back of our place and it’s now well after 7pm on an evening in March.

This is Bruce’s Yamaha 1100 motorbike and sidecar – did you know that a sidecar is also called a chair? You learn something new everyday.

The sidecar is a useful addition to the bike and Colleen assured me it’s very comfortable. I like the fact that she gets to sit in the chair, something a bit like a queen on her throne. One day I might be tempted to go for a ride!

I knelt down on the crunchy dry grass and took this photo so that I was at eye level with the sidecar as I wanted it to be my main focus. The dryness of the paddock behind them and the evening light, were just a bonus.

Capturing the deep black of the chair was a bit challenging but I think Colleen’s bright coloured top helps to highlight it. Colleen isn’t always keen to have her photo taken but she looks quite chuffed sitting in her chair posing for me here, whereas Mitch is very happy in his position on the bike behind his grandfather. Bruce is just Bruce!

So that’s the story of the ‘chair’ for this week. It’s not a conventional chair but that’s what makes it so special. A family sharing fun times together and a very special chair!

Photos from the group

The photos from the rest of the group showed the diversity of chairs, from an elegant chaise lounge to a dusty doll’s house chair.

Feel free to follow the link above to check them out for yourself. Maybe leave a comment if one of the photos particularly takes your fancy.  Commenting/sharing is caring and we always appreciate your thoughts 🙂

Daniel’s photo was a delightful pair of chairs that have been through many changes as they’ve been passed down through the family.

Grant found his photo while cleaning out the garage – a dusty and neglected chair from our daughters’ doll’s house. He might have some more cleaning up to do!

Melanie’s photo proves she’s more countrified than she thought.

Sharon featured a gorgeous chair and put it in a spotlight as it rightfully deserved.

Tim’s photo was a beautifully elegant chaise lounge basking in the morning sunshine.

You can read more about the story behind the project here: 52 week photography project  – but basically I have joined with 5 photographers, of varying experience, to take a photo every week for a year, one theme at a time. That’s 52 weeks of photos!

Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but doesn’t get you anywhere.

With each photo we also submit some accompanying words, which can be just as interesting as the photo itself some weeks! This can include the subject, the setup, the story behind it and even our processes.

How did you like our interpretations this week? Let me know in a comment below, I always appreciate hearing from you.

I can’t believe we’re up to 35 weeks already!

Next week’s theme is: In the mirror

Enjoy your week ahead.

Let’s stay in touch. You can also find Deb’s World here:

TwitterInstagramPinterestStumbleUponG+Facebook and Flipboard

One thought on “Pull up a chair – Week 35 of 52 week photo project

1. Retirement Reflections
    March 17, 2018 at 12:18 pm

I had no idea that a sidecar for a motorbike was also called a chair. Now I’ve learned something new as well!
    Great photo and great twist to the theme requested!

• March 17, 2018 at 10:08 pm

Thanks Donna, I’m glad I’m not the only one who didn’t know it was called a chair! Isn’t it great to learn new things 😊

2. March 17, 2018 at 2:10 pm

She really does look like a queen on her throne. Love it!

3. March 17, 2018 at 9:51 pm

I think that you’ve done a wonderful job photographing Colleen and the sidecar! You’ve really featured her and the sidecar, and your explanation is really going to make me think about my own photography. Also, I had no idea! (You learn something new every day 🙂 )

• March 17, 2018 at 10:07 pm

Many thanks! It really does make me stop and think sometimes about how and why I’m taking the photo so it’s been a great project for growing my photography skills.

4. March 17, 2018 at 10:03 pm

I learned something new! I didn’t know the sidecar was called a chair. Maybe I’ll use that next time that I’m talking to cycling friends!

• March 17, 2018 at 10:06 pm

Haha! Give it a go Phil and let me know how you get on. I was assured it’s a common name for a sidecar 😊

5. March 17, 2018 at 10:27 pm

Well… learned something new there! A sidecar is also known as a chair!
    I’d love a ride in a sidecar!!!

Liked by 2 people

6. March 18, 2018 at 12:09 am

Nope, can’t say I knew it was also called a chair either! Not convinced about comfort though….I imagined sidecars had something of a bumpy ride, although maybe modern ones have decent suspensions. Lovely twist on the photo topic though. Kudos on that!

• March 19, 2018 at 10:17 pm

I agree, it seems kind of low to the ground for comfort but it sure looks like fun! Thanks for stopping by and appreciating my take on the theme 🙂

7. March 19, 2018 at 1:28 am

That’s the kind of chair I haven’t had an opportunity to set in…yet.

8. March 19, 2018 at 1:44 pm

I’ve learned something new thanks Deb! I love how you can look at things and take a different angle. I would have probably talked about a normal chair! I enjoy your thoughts and photography. Have a great week!

• March 19, 2018 at 10:14 pm

Thanks Sue, I was amazed to learn this too! I’m glad you enjoyed my take on the photo prompt, it’s such a creative way to look at things in a different way. I really enjoy the challenge of it each week 🙂

• March 21, 2018 at 10:17 am

Yes you are very creative! Thanks also for linking up with us at #overthemoon this week. My husband would love that bike but being on the shorter side he would need an ‘easy rider’ LOL:)

• March 21, 2018 at 11:04 am

I always enjoy sharing my posts Sue. I must go back to Over the Moon and check some of the others now that you’ve reminded me!

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w