March Madness – in a Sentence a Day
Things are slowly getting better 😊 and I was happy to be able to share some good news in this post just the other day – Good News Week.
But I’m pleased to say things are on the up and up! I’ve surpassed two major milestones this month with 6 years of blogging and 1000 posts within days of each other!
We’re also busy planning for a three month trip to see our daughter in the UK and to catch up with friends all over Europe. Plus our big news of our first grand baby due in September – so there’s much to look forward to!
Read on for more March Madness:
- Thursday: A trip to a nearby big town for my car to be serviced, while I enjoyed a walk around the shops.
- Friday: Finally allowed to tell people the exciting news that our daughter and son-in-law are expecting their first child and our first grandchild, in September – although I’m not allowed to blog or Facebook the news yet!
- Saturday: Morning tea with friends catching up on all the local news and telling close friends our good news!
- Sunday: A warm day spent reading, blogging, walking and resting in the hammock under the tree.
- Monday: I had a guest post published on my friend Miriam’s blog, she’d asked me for 5 of my favourite places to visit in Australia and I was very happy to share some photos too.
- Tuesday: A day getting ready to go north to see my mother.
- Wednesday: I drove 1.5 hours to the airport and flew 1.5 hours up the coast to Coolangatta in Queensland to stay with my mother for a week. My mother was thrilled with the news of another great-grandchild on the way.
- Thursday: Morning tea in the local cafe, a few jobs done then a nice brisk walk while Mum and a friend went to their exercise class.
- Friday: Collected my sister from the airport, had brunch, (where I told her the news she’s going to be a great-aunt in September) we all went shopping and then drove to our beautiful holiday house in Springbrook on the Gold Coast hinterland for the weekend.
- Saturday: The day was wet and cold but we went for our planned bushwalk, found a cosy cafe for morning tea, then back to the house for a relaxing afternoon in front of the fire, with my brother joining us.
- Sunday: Today would have been Dad’s 80th birthday and we were all together in a favourite place sharing memories and stories – I wrote this post about it – Retracing our steps
- Monday: A day out with Mum – including shopping, lunch with a friend and a chat with my aunt.
- Tuesday: Spent the day helping Mum reorganise things, followed by a walk and dinner out with friends.
- Wednesday: Flight home – it’s so dry here compared with the lush green rainforest up north.
- Thursday: Last aqua aerobics class for the season, then drove 5 hours to the coast for a long weekend with my sister-in-law and parents-in-law, in a beautiful beach house we’ve rented many times before.
- Friday: A day spent relaxing with family, popping out for lunch, a visit to a bookshop where we saw this fab sign and of course a bit of shopping for the baby.
- Saturday: Joined by our daughter and son-in-law at the beach and enjoyed the warm weather and a swim.
- Sunday: Caught up with our niece and nephew before returning home from our fun weekend very late at night, falling straight into bed.
- Monday: Our second discussion group meeting over lunch where we talked about comfort food, followed by me being surprised with a Rotary award at our Rotary dinner that evening!
- Tuesday: A quiet day at home but I did manage to get out for a walk.
- Wednesday: A day around the house and a bus trip to Tumut to join with Rotarians from Tumut and Batlow clubs for a bbq dinner and a tour of their Peace Labyrinth.
- Thursday: A meeting to discuss cycling in the area in the morning, an afternoon walk and Movie Club – which is a surprise meal and movie with a group of keen movie goers at Nest Cinema Cafe – always an interesting and fun night out.
- Friday: A walk, a quick trip to the shops and a 4 hour drive to stay with friends for the weekend’s Rotary District Conference together with the inbound Youth Exchange students.
- Saturday: A big day at the Rotary conference, listening to inspiring speakers then a lovely bush walk with the Youth Exchange students followed by the conference dinner.
- Sunday: A truly inspiring day of guest speakers on the subject of youth programs at the District Rotary Conference, and a long drive home through wind and rain.
- Monday: Met up with friends in the morning to discuss our upcoming travels, afternoon tea with my former work mates, then a walk followed by our Rotary dinner meeting. Another guest post was published!
- Tuesday: Worked on blog posts most of the day with a break for a walk – it’s quite a difficult post I’m writing.
- Wednesday: Hair appointment, feel all fresh and with-it again! A nice quiet walk in the afternoon.
- Thursday: A busy day preparing for visitors (our daughter and son-in-law ) – shopping, washing, cleaning, vacuuming – did you know you can do a lot of ‘exercise minutes’ when you do housework?
- Friday: Good Friday. Farewelled a friend on his way to walk the Kokoda Track for the umpteenth time and welcomed our daughter, (and Spud, the bump!) and son-in-law home. At 17 weeks, Spud is now approximately the size of a tangy pomegranate according to the app I’m following 🙂 I took this photo in the local supermarket, as I spotted it right after talking with my daughter about Spud’s growth. How bizarre!!
- Saturday: We all enjoyed the beautiful autumn weather with breakfast out and a relaxing day.
Well that was March – another very busy month! I’ll leave you with my moon rise photo on Good Friday, which I used in a recent post for this week’s Weekly Photo Challenge. I just love the autumn tones and sunset colours!
Bring on April 🙂
Once again, I’m linking up with other bloggers from all over the world who also compile their month in a Sentence a Day.
I’d love to hear what you’ve got up to in the month – leave me a message below 🙂
You can also follow Deb’s World here – let’s connect!