Share Your World – 17 April 2018

Share Your World 17 April 2018

List things or events that changed your life?

That’s a huge question – off the top of my head these are the major life events that have impacted on my life so far:

Being fortunate to be born into a lovely, caring family complete with grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and enjoying a happy childhood

Surviving a school trip that went horribly wrong in 1978

Getting married to the Mathematician in 1980

Having our three daughters – 1983, 1985 and 1988

Moving our family from the city to a small country town in 1991

Taking our 3 young daughters to live in England (from Australia) for a year in 1992 as part of the Mathematician’s Teacher Exchange program, we’d never travelled overseas before!

All our travels ever since we did this first trip and all the people we have met along the way

Getting a job in a minimum security correctional centre in 1994

Hosting our first Exchange Student in 1997 – Sophie will always be a part of our family

Studying and graduating as a teacher at age 40

Being made redundant at age 56 in 2016

Retiring and finding out that it’s so much fun!!!

Complete this sentence: Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it’s…

A smiley face hot air balloon.

Balloon smiley face

Smile!

What genre of music do you like?

I like listening to most types of music apart from Country music.  I have moods where I’ll listen to classical music one day, then the next day I might like to listen to loud Australian Rock classics.  Music was a big part of my growing up years with my parents sharing their eclectic tastes with us.

What did you appreciate or what made you smile this past week?

• We went to our niece’s 18th birthday party on the weekend and had a great time. It included a lovely wine tasting and lunch with a few close friends and family.
Boat ride at a mountain top winery

In the boat at a mountain top winery

• Rain – we finally got some nice rain to fill the water tanks and I took this photo of rain drops from the outside of my glass house looking in. The yellow blob is he cushion on the daybed.
Raindrops from the outside looking in

Raindrops from the outside looking in

Thanks to Cee for the questions – I’m enjoying these posts!  You can check out Cee’s post with her answers here and feel free to join in.

Enjoy your week ahead!

Deb xx

You can also find Deb’s World here – let’s stay in touch!

TwitterInstagramPinterestStumbleUponG+Facebook and Flipboard

Contact me

One thought on “Share Your World – 17 April 2018

1. April 17, 2018 at 11:09 am

A lovely positive post Deb and we are so alike! What a wonderful experience for you all to move to the UK for a year. Enjoy your upcoming trip, not long to go. My grandson made me smile this week – but he always makes me smile xx

• April 17, 2018 at 11:41 am

Thanks Sue, I’m feeling positive! Our year in UK was life changing in so many ways. My daughter lives in the same village we lived in back then so it’s always like going home to me when we visit. We already have parties booked up to welcome us ‘home’.
      Your grandson sounds absolutely delightful. 😀

2. April 17, 2018 at 3:55 pm

Wonderful post Deb. It’s amazing looking back on the events that shape us. You’ve had a full and rich life my friend with so much more to go I’m sure. Love that smiley face balloon! xo 🙂

• April 17, 2018 at 4:21 pm

Thanks Miriam, life is what we make it as they say and I’m giving it a fair old crack 🙂 I love the smiley face balloon too, so much fun!

3. April 17, 2018 at 8:42 pm

What a great post Deb, It’s sometimes interesting to see your life changing moments in a list form. Love the rain photo 🙂

• April 17, 2018 at 9:18 pm

Thanks Sam, it’s a fun weekly post that I enjoy participating in. I never think too much when answering the questions, so it’s very ‘of the moment’. Glad to hear you kike my rain drops photo, it’s quite an abstract pic isn’t it? I love it too 🙂

4. April 17, 2018 at 9:44 pm

What a great list of accomplishments to be truly grateful for Deb. Xx

5. April 18, 2018 at 1:57 am

That balloon is crazy fun. 😀 Thanks for sharing.

6. Retirement Reflections
    April 19, 2018 at 12:26 am

This is such a wonderful way to share your world with us, Debbie. Love the smiley face balloon!

• April 19, 2018 at 5:05 pm

Thanks Donna! I loved the balloon too. How can you not smile when you see it 😀 I enjoy these posts as it’s all very spontaneous and I don’t spend much time working on it. They’re fun too 😊

7. Sophie Madsen
    April 29, 2018 at 7:05 am

I can’t believe it’s been 21 years ago that I went to Australia as an Exchange Student. That year meant a lot to me – I always had the feeling as if I was a part of your family. And I always say that I have 2 sets of parents – my Danish parents and my Australian parents.

• April 29, 2018 at 4:06 pm

That’s lovely Sophie , and we can’t believe it’s been that long either!! xx

8. Sophie Madsen
    April 29, 2018 at 7:17 am

I can’t believe that it’s been 21 years since I went to Australia as an Exchange Student. That year meant a lot to me – you always made me feel as if I was a part of your family. I really appreciate all the things you did to make that year so very special to me.

9. Grammy Dee | Grammy's Grid
    May 2, 2018 at 11:11 am

What a great post! Enjoyed reading all about the things that changed your life. What a happy hot air balloon! Loved the cute pic of you all in the little boat 🙂 Shared x 4 ♥

• May 2, 2018 at 3:34 pm

Thanks Dee, it’s a fun spontaneous way of sharing and posting regularly which I enjoy. I love finding some of my old quirky photos to share too 🙂

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )