Share Your World – 30 April 2018 – with a bonus limerick!

Share Your World 30 April 2018 – with a bonus limerick!

Share your World and smile

Pin for later

Do you use paper money? If so is your money organized sequentially according to denomination?

Yes I use paper money but I also use cards (a lot) and yes paper money in my purse is sorted sequentially according to denomination. It just makes more sense this way!!

I started my working life as a ‘check-out chick’ at Woolworths, as a teenager, before tills told you how much change to give a customer, and I’m very comfortable with handling money. I then went on to become a Bank Teller for a number of years and loved counting and sorting money. I was very proud of my ability to balance my till every day and appreciated the task at trying to find any errors.

I love travelling and handling the different types of notes, the colours (or lack of) and working out their value in the various countries we visit.  Oh that’s right I’ll be in the UK next week and will have to remember that a pound is about double the value of our dollar!  Our Australian money is always a delight to return home to with its bright colours and plastic springiness 🙂

You are comfortable doing nothing? For long stretches of time?

Yes I’m quite comfortable doing nothing for loooong stretches of time….I think of it as taking time for myself but in reality I’m just being lazy!  I’m not really looking forward to the loooong sitting on our plane trip to the UK next week as it’s usually not that comfortable, but it has to be done so I’ll just put up with it and make the most of it with reading, watching movies and sleeping.

What is your greatest strength?

That’s a tough one! I asked The Mathematician and his answer was my enthusiasm for family which I think is pretty true.

Also I’d probably go as far to say my enthusiasm for just about anything, once I get involved, my quirky randomness, my loyalty and my committment to things are my main strengths.  It definitely makes life interesting!

What did you appreciate or what made you smile this past week?

Following on from my previous answer, and maybe to illustrate the point :),  I just happened to write my first ever limerick this morning, while lying in bed just thinking of things, as you do!  This made me smile.

My middle daughter and her husband are having their first baby in September and it just so happens to be our first grandchild. Its nickname is Spud by the way 🙂

There once was a baby called Spud

Who was as happy as a pig in mud

Life was good in mummy’s tummy

And the food was really yummy

But come September that will all change with a thud!

I admit, I’m no poet, but I do enjoy thinking creatively.  My daughter was quite impressed with my limerick (for a first attempt) up until the ominous sounding ending!  I’d love to hear your thoughts on my first ever limerick!!  At least I think it’s my first ever one, but maybe not….

Once again I’m supposed to be packing and preparing for our big adventure instead of blogging but never fear, it’s up next to do on my list and I’ll get there eventually!  Just keep smiling Debbie 🙂

I’m also smiling at the continued gloriousness of warm, sunny autumn days, friendship and life in general. This photo made me smile too.  The prompt for our 52 week photo project was from the hip, which meant no looking through the view finder at the shot, just taking it literally ‘from the hip’.  This was one of my more successful attempts, with many of the others relegated to trash quite quickly, but this one kind of worked out OK.

Sun through the trees

From the hip

Thanks to Cee for the questions – I enjoy these posts and I never think too long about the answers, instead I tend to write the first thing that comes into my head, so it’s always a fun and spontaneous post 🙂

You can check out Cee’s post with her answers here and feel free to join in. I always enjoy hearing from you 🙂

Have a great week ahead!

Deb xx

You can also find Deb’s World here – let’s stay in touch!

TwitterInstagramPinterestStumbleUponG+Facebook and Flipboard

Contact me

One thought on “Share Your World – 30 April 2018 – with a bonus limerick!

1. May 1, 2018 at 10:19 am

Yes Deb even though we haven’t met IRL I can always feel your enthusiasm for life and family. Love the limerick. Our little spud will be here in about 5 weeks!!! Enjoy your holiday and I rarely carry money cash or paper. I’m a card girl but that isn’t always a good thing budget wise 🙂

• May 1, 2018 at 7:38 pm

Thanks Sue! All the best for your new addition in a few week’s time. 😊

• May 2, 2018 at 7:26 am

Thanks for linking up with us at #BloggingGrandmothersLinkParty, Deb. I will share on social media 🙂

• May 2, 2018 at 3:36 pm

Thanks for all you do in sharing our posts Sue 🙂

• May 3, 2018 at 6:55 am

My pleasure Deb that to me is a huge part of blogging – supporting and promoting other bloggers. Have a great day!

2. Retirement Reflections
    May 1, 2018 at 10:57 am

I love your limerick, and that you are blogging instead of packing! Good luck with your upcoming trip. I look forward to seeing pictures of Gorgeous Spud this September!

• May 1, 2018 at 11:02 am

Thanks Donna, my husband isn’t quite as understanding as you! He’s already packed of course 😊 there’s always so many interesting blogs to read and catch up on isn’t there?? Glad the limerick came out ok in your opinion. I always love hearing your thoughts ❤️

3. May 1, 2018 at 5:19 pm

What a fun post that definitely made me smile. I love your enthusiasm for life Deb, it oozes out of every post you write and as for that limerick, brilliant! 😊

• May 1, 2018 at 7:35 pm

Thanks Miriam, they’re such fun posts to write too! So glad my limerick went down well 😊

4. May 2, 2018 at 2:08 am

I like your limerick. 😀 😀 Thanks for sharing this week.

5. Kimberly
    May 2, 2018 at 1:08 pm

Congratulations, new Grandma! You’ll love it, I know. And your poetic skills outshine mine, that’s for certain!

• May 2, 2018 at 3:33 pm

Many thanks for your congratulations, it’s certainly an exciting time for us, although you wouldn’t think it as we’re off overseas for three months next week. Luckily we’ll be home before Spud is due. It was all booked in before we knew though 🙂

6. May 2, 2018 at 7:44 pm

Your limerick made me laugh, Deb. I’d say it was a successful first limerick! I am shocked that you can do nothing for long stretches of time. I would not have imagined that with your active lifestyle. Have a wonderful trip to UK.

• May 2, 2018 at 9:32 pm

So happy to hear that Molly!! I am quite capable of sitting doing nothing but I will admit it doesn’t happen all that often. Thanks, I’m looking forward to getting away 🙂

7. May 3, 2018 at 11:42 pm

I am a card girl though I do carry cash and it is always by denomination in my wallet. Great job on your first limerick I do not believe I have ever rhymed anything. lol

• May 4, 2018 at 4:21 pm

Thanks, I’m not sure my daughter was thrilled with my limerick but I’m pleased with it. Glad you liked it too.

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w