May Meanderings – in a Sentence a Day
Although I’m writing posts regularly about our 3 month trip of a lifetime – our Odyssey – I’m still keen to continue with my Sentence a Day posts. It’s such a great way of keeping a track of what’s been happening.
In this month’s write up we have packed up and left home!
Read on for more:
- Tuesday: A day of tidying up and packing, getting things sorted before our big trip.
- Wednesday: One last trip to my hairdresser for quite some time! She gave me instructions on colour codes for when I need my roots done over here and yes I made an appointment for my first week home in August 🙂
- Thursday: The last day in our house before we leave on our adventure of a lifetime. The house-sitter moves in on Saturday.
- Friday: We left home for the start of what I’m calling our Odyssey, stopping off in Canberra to celebrate our daughter’s 33 birthday with a delicious dinner at a Japanese Restaurant. Also we received good news that the rail trail we’ve been working on for over 10 years has been gazetted in Parliament and work can now start on building it!
- Saturday: A fun morning looking at houses, and baby things, with our daughter and son-in-law, then said our goodbyes (for the next three months) and drove to my parents-in-law’s place until we leave on Monday.
- Sunday: Caught up with some friends for morning tea in Berry, enjoyed the warm autumn sunshine and I went for a 5 km walk knowing I’ll be sitting down for the next few days as we fly to London tomorrow.
- Monday: Up early and on the bus to Sydney International airport at 8.15am. All went smoothly and we left at 3pm for London via Singapore.
- Tuesday: Thanks to the time differences, we arrived in London at 6am, caught a bus to Bristol and were collected by our eldest daughter 🙂 Enjoyed catching up with all her news, took Ozzy the dog for a walk and battled to stay awake fighting the jet lag that threatened to take us to sleep too early. Slept well!
- Wednesday: We went for a walk, not intending to go very far, but ended up walking up and over the gorge – always a rewarding walk for the magnificent views and nature.
- Thursday: A lovely sunny day, early morning walk with Ozzy the dog then a busy day of bike riding, walking the gorge and enjoying the spring sunshine.
- Friday: A walk with Ozzy then we caught the local bus to Wells and walked around the Cathedral City and the Bishop’s Palace, where a game of croquet was in full swing!
- Saturday: Our friends held a party for us to welcome us back to the village, it was so much fun catching up with friends from way back! You can read all about the highlights of our first week of travels
- Sunday: Mother’s Day in Australia and we visited Dyrham Park a lovely National Trust property and had a delicious cream tea and a walk in the park.
- Monday: An easy day at home – they’re needed every now and again!
- Tuesday: We had a doggy walking date with our good friend Shelley and Luther up around the gorge then we took the bikes for a ride along the Strawberry Line – an old rail line that was used to transport strawberries from Cheddar to London. The rail corridor is now used by cyclists and walkers and is being upgraded so we missed the tunnel this time.
- Wednesday: An early start to the day, we picked up our hire car and went driving to Bath, always a favourite place to visit when we’re over here – shame about the rain!
- Thursday: A beautiful day so we went driving to Glastonbury, walked up the Tor and then drove to the sea front – not quite the white sandy beaches we’re used to back home but the sun was out and everyone was happy strolling along eating ice creams :).
- Friday: I managed to get myself to London by bus and train, found my daughter and we enjoyed our lovely Airbnb for the night before the Bloggers Bash tomorrow.
- Saturday: The Annual Bloggers Bash Awards in London and the Royal Wedding of course! I had a great day at the Bash meeting bloggers I’ve met while blogging and made new friends – I even won an award as Runner Up in the Hidden Gem category so I was extra happy!
- Sunday: A relaxing morning spent at home and then lunch with friends, our old next door neighbours to be exact! Great to catch up on all the news.
- Monday: Up early for our road trip – we drove to the Eden Project in Cornwall, had a great day out and I did the longest and fastest zip wire in the UK – very brave of me as I am scared of heights but I was determined to be adventurous and it was great fun. You can read all about it here – Highlights of Week 2
Well that was May! A huge month conquering fears, being active, spending time with family, winning awards and loving life 🙂
The adventure continues into June and July 🙂
Once again, I’m linking up with other bloggers from all over the world who also compile their month in a Sentence a Day.
I’d love to hear what you’ve been up to in May – leave me a message below 🙂
You can also follow Deb’s World here – let’s connect!
© 2019 Copyright – All rights reserved: firstname.lastname@example.org, debs-world.com