The Joy of Spring

That Friday Feeling

The joy of spring…..it hits me every year!

Every September I seem to write a similar post about the joy of spring, and in particular, my magnificent magnolia tree.

One year a blogging friend suggested I compare the photos I’ve used each time.  So I’ve decided to share the photos I’ve used over the years, all in the one post.

There are a few similarities but the overriding feeling, to me anyway, is that they are all beautiful. I’m definitely not a photographer but I try to capture their beauty in a variety of ways.

Magnolia season in Tumbarumba

It’s a short lived season of magnolia beauty, due to our location but one we celebrate for as long as we can.  We are in a cool climate in Australia, about 700 metres above sea level so we have a later flowering season than many other areas.  It is well worth waiting for and I hate not being at home in September, as I miss out on the show!

It often seems that once the flowers bloom, a spring storm, wind or even light rain will come through and destroy them but so far they are holding on, a bit bruised from a brief shower but still looking magnificent. And no I don’t know why I only have one photo from 2016, what was going on that year I wonder?

I’ll let you be the judge – enjoy!

2018

2017

2016

Magnolia

Magnolia in the sky

2015

2014

I found this quote from Anais Nin which I think sums it all up beautifully:

And the day came

when the risk to remain tight in a bud

was more painful than the risk

it took to blossom

A life lesson

This could also sum up the way we live our lives, don’t you think?  Yes it’s safe to stay comfortable and safe but reaching out takes some courage and risk.  I can see the truth in this more and more as I age.

The joy of spring always makes me smile – what about you?  The good thing is you don’t always have to travel far from home to see beauty.

Feel free to leave a comment below. I always love hearing from you.  Enjoy your Friday and the week ahead.

Deb xx

Are you on Instagram? Check out Deb’s World here: Instagram for photo updates

You can also find Deb’s World here – let’s stay in touch!

TwitterInstagramPinterestG+Facebook,  Flipboard and Mix

You can contact me here

One thought on “The Joy of Spring

1. September 21, 2018 at 10:44 am

Deb your magnolia photos are gorgeous. I’m also celebrating that spring is here at last. My spirits are always lifted when the sun starts shining after a long cold winter.

• September 21, 2018 at 5:19 pm

I must admit I’m the same Jennifer, which is why I wanted to go away over our winter months, it can get too depressing!! I love the sunshine and as it warms up I can’t move from the verandah or my delightful little sunroom out in the garden. Thanks for your visit!

2. September 21, 2018 at 10:55 am

So beautiful. I truly feel your joy 🌸

3. September 21, 2018 at 12:29 pm

I love the waxy feel of magnolias and their glorious aroma. Your photos are gorgeous, and yes Spring is such a beautiful time of year. In SWA we have wonderful displays of wild flowers and a fabulous flower festival in Nannup that focusses on Tulips and Daffodils – my faves 🙂 #MLSTL

• September 21, 2018 at 5:17 pm

I love wildflowers too and we have tulips coming up and still loads of daffodils around. Thanks for your visit Jo I really must get to SWA sometime to see all the wildflowers everyone talks about.

4. September 21, 2018 at 12:41 pm

I love your comparison pics, Deb. As your Spring is settling in, our Autumn is taking root. Although I do like all seasons, I am a bit jealous as I enjoy the warmer months the most!

Liked by 2 people

• September 21, 2018 at 5:15 pm

Yes it’s a toss up for me between autumn and spring. I used to love summer but it gets a bit too hot at times. Enjoy your autumn Donna, happy to bring you some spring prettiness as you settle into autumn. Next year you can spam me with your spring photos as we go into Autumn 🍂 😊😊.

5. September 21, 2018 at 1:43 pm

Beautiful. Spring is definitely in the air.

Liked by 2 people

• September 21, 2018 at 5:14 pm

Definitely! I love living where there’s four distinct seasons too, as we experience the range of weathers!! Thanks for visiting. Happy Friday.

6. September 21, 2018 at 1:50 pm

Gorgeous flowers Deb – we have magnolias in WA but they never seem to grow to a large size or to flower much – some have a very shortlived white flower but none of the pinks that yours has. I think we’re a bit dry and hot for them. I also loved your analogy about being brave and reaching out x

Liked by 2 people

• September 21, 2018 at 5:13 pm

Yes I’d agree Leanne you probably are a bit too warm over there for them. We have others lovelies in the garden but for some reason the magnolias appeal to me every year. The tulips are coming out now and we still have masses of daffodils around. I’m happy that my analogy worked ok. Have a great weekend.

7. September 21, 2018 at 3:43 pm

Beautiful post and words Feb 💜

Liked by 2 people

8. September 21, 2018 at 3:43 pm

Deb, even!

Liked by 2 people

9. September 22, 2018 at 5:45 am

You have made my morning Deb, especially after a difficult week. Magnolias are gorgeous and yours are stunning. Isn’t Springtime a boost? I love seeing all the new blooms and although winter is very mild in Brisbane, there is certainly something special about Spring. You really can feel it and smell it in the air. I also can’t wait for the jacarandas to start blooming and making purple carpets everywhere when their blooms fall. Have a beautiful weekend, Deb xx

Liked by 2 people

• September 22, 2018 at 9:47 am

I’m so glad Sue, you’ve had a tough week by the sounds of things! Sending positive thoughts your way and I love jacarandas too but we can’t grow them down here unfortunately! Hope your weekend is restful xx

10. September 22, 2018 at 7:42 pm

All beautiful photos of stunning Magnolias Debs 🌸

Liked by 2 people

• September 23, 2018 at 7:41 pm

Thanks Sam, they are still going so I’m happy 🙂

11. Amy
    September 22, 2018 at 11:05 pm

Spring is my absolute favorite season! I just love seeing everything spring back to life after a long, cold winter. I can’t grow magnolia trees in my zone as we are too cold here, but I remember one from my childhood and I just loved it when it was in bloom and when it’s beautiful flower petals dropped to the ground.

Liked by 2 people

• September 23, 2018 at 7:40 pm

Thanks Amy, they are beautiful trees and the carpet of flowers is something to behold. Lovely to have you visit.

12. September 23, 2018 at 7:50 am

Magnolias are gorgeous. We saw some beauties when we were in Tassie. There’s a few in WA, but I haven’t seen any as gorgeous as the ones I saw in Tassie yet. Lovely photos.

Liked by 2 people

• September 23, 2018 at 7:34 pm

I agree Chris, they are gorgeous. I think Tassie’s climate would be perfect for growing them 🙂

13. September 23, 2018 at 9:23 pm

Absolutely beautiful photos Deb. I’m with you, Spring is by far the best season and I love the way everything comes to life. 🙂

Liked by 2 people

• September 24, 2018 at 2:36 pm

Thanks Miriam, it really is the best time and I’m so lucky I get two springs this year!

14. November 16, 2018 at 4:57 pm

Amazing pics 🙂

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )