Puzzling through life – 10 things that puzzle me!

Life is a jigsaw puzzle

with most of the pieces missing!

Photo by Ryoji Iwata on Unsplash

Puzzles can be fun but they can also be very  frustrating.

Here are ten things that puzzle me

#1 Why has it taken so long to have a female Doctor Who?

#2 Why are politicians the world over so out of touch with us – the real people?

#3 Since when has the Sydney Opera House been a huge billboard?

#4 Why aren’t we building bunkers for when the apocalypse comes? I like the ones in the excellent Danish series on Netflix called The Rain – they’re my choice if anyone wants to start a new business!!

#5 Why haven’t I faded away to a shadow after cutting out sugar in my diet over the last 6 weeks?

#6 How come a new baby consumes so much time when all they do is sleep, feed and poop – who knew that watching a baby sleep and stretch and coo could take up so much time?

#7 Why was I so worried about retirement when it’s been such a delightful journey?

#8 Why are sportspeople claimed as heroes and paid a huge fortune for doing nothing that’s actually heroic? And those of us who have an actual real Bravery Award from the Queen……

#9 Why did curiosity kill the cat?

#10 Why am I fine with flying when I’m so scared of heights?

These are just a few of the things that puzzle me – at this moment in time anyway!

Tell me what puzzles you? I’m very interested in your life conundrums and if you have any answers to my puzzles, please let me know 😊

Thanks to Lorna at Gin and Lemonade for another great writing prompt.

This week is #5 and Lorna has set the prompt as: Puzzle

Week #4 – People watching and celeb spotting

Week #3 resulted in one of my all time favourite posts –  Far away from home as she knew it

Week #1 was the first writing and photo challenge, A sepia toned fall memory and I wrote a short creative piece –  A New World Order as Autumn takes over

Please let me know what you think of my response to this prompt.  I always enjoy hearing from you and appreciate you joining the conversation.

Deb xx

*********************

Are you on Instagram? Check out Deb’s World here: Instagram for photo updates

You can also find Deb’s World here – let’s stay in touch!

TwitterInstagramPinterestG+Facebook,  Flipboard and Mix

You can contact me here

Deb’s World blog, midlife, travel and adventure

One thought on “Puzzling through life – 10 things that puzzle me!

1. October 9, 2018 at 10:42 pm

ok so what puzzles me…well how come that however much you pummel and twist toothpaste tubes the paste still comes out in stripes?

Liked by 3 people

• October 9, 2018 at 10:45 pm

Good one Steph! That is a puzzle, I don’t know the answer but maybe someone else does and will put us out of our misery😂

• October 9, 2018 at 10:56 pm

One of life’s mysteries!

2. October 9, 2018 at 10:50 pm

My main puzzle in life at the moment…How do you slice a Mango around that massive stone without so much waste??! Aghhhhh!! LOL!

Liked by 2 people

• October 9, 2018 at 10:52 pm

Very difficult puzzle indeed Sam! Good luck with that one and don’t waste any of that precious mango 😂

• October 9, 2018 at 10:55 pm

Oh I just suck all the goodness off the stone… Waste not want not!

Liked by 2 people

3. October 9, 2018 at 10:55 pm

What puzzles me most? How can I be so tired even though I sleep early??

• October 9, 2018 at 11:22 pm

Yep, that’s a puzzle Ritu, you seem to go through life at a million miles an hour! I’m off to get some beauty sleep now, goodness knows I need it . 💤

4. October 9, 2018 at 11:10 pm

My latest puzzle, Why am I not writing loads and loads of great stuff? I currently live the perfect life, it’s made for writing…yet, all I do is ponder about writing, oh, and I bake a lot of yummy stuff.

Liked by 2 people

• October 9, 2018 at 11:20 pm

I hear you! Writing is something that is a puzzle for me too Cherie. Sometimes it just rolls off the tongue and other times it is like passing a kidney stone. Just keep taking notes of what’s going on and hopefully the words will start flowing. If not you can write posts about not blogging like you did the other day which was a great read by the way. Your life is just made for blogging 😊

Liked by 2 people

5. October 10, 2018 at 12:48 am

Hi, Debbie – Each of your puzzles, puzzle me too! Taking a stab at #10, I am afraid of heights only when my footing is precarious and I actually could fall (so I’m okay on top of the CN tower, but my fears heighten on a steep mountain path). I’m also good with airplanes. Controlling the plane is not my responsibility (and that’s a VERY good thing).I also choose my carriers wisely and avoid ones with poorer reputations. I have flown hundreds of time before without incident. Rightly or wrongly this all adds to my comfort level on planes.Great post!

• October 11, 2018 at 7:49 am

Thanks Donna, I’m glad to hear you can relate to my puzzles!! It was fun making this list and I could have added heaps more in. I agree with your thoughts on heights vs flying and I’m the same when hiking on precarious paths. It is all about control to some extent. Thanks for joining in with me 😊😊

6. October 10, 2018 at 1:10 am

Why was there only one member of staff at the post office today during the busiest time, (lunchtime), but when nobody is waiting to be served, there are 2 or 3?! And when I lived in London – why does stepping off a tourist bus make people forget their road safety skills? People used to stand in the middle of some of the busiest roads, even after the lights had changed, just so they could get a good pic!

• October 11, 2018 at 7:52 am

Good points Kirsty!! I’m sure some of the staffing levels issues are done just to annoy customers but it shouldn’t be so!! The whole taking photos in dangerous situations is getting a bit out of control. I agree with you!! Thanks so much for sharing your puzzles 😊

7. rachaelstray
    October 10, 2018 at 2:10 am

Really love this post. What puzzles me ever single day is why don’t people use their indicators while driving? I am not a mind reader!

• October 11, 2018 at 7:47 am

That’s a good one too Rachael!! Driving is full of puzzling people who should know better!! Thanks for joining in.

8. October 10, 2018 at 7:31 am

Puzzling questions indeed!!!!

• October 11, 2018 at 7:46 am

I know!! But at least they don’t keep me awake at night too often 😂

9. October 10, 2018 at 9:13 am

Shared on my Social Media.
    #MLSTL

10. October 10, 2018 at 10:13 am

I literally laughed out loud when I read #5 ! LOL Why indeed?! What puzzles me is how on earth a big heavy plane full of lots of people stays in the air!! Also – how do telephones work?

• October 11, 2018 at 7:45 am

I also puzzle about the heaviness of planes but try not to when I’m actually flying!! I still don’t know how phones or wifi work but I’m glad they do!! Thanks for your comment 😊

11. October 10, 2018 at 10:30 am

I’m glad you haven’t faded away to a shadow but, good grief… six weeks without sugar should amount to something! Do you at least feel better?

• October 11, 2018 at 7:43 am

Yes Janis, I was being flippant with my comment but I have definitely noticed changes. Clothes fit better already, I’m more aware of what I’m eating, I’m feeling healthier and happier so that’s a great result already!!

12. October 10, 2018 at 10:58 am

Good response to the prompt, Debbie. Congrats on staying sugar-free for 6 weeks. I hope you feel it’s well worth the efforts. #MLSTL

• October 10, 2018 at 10:35 pm

Thanks Natalie, I am feeling better for the change in diet, I think it’s slowly starting to work

13. October 10, 2018 at 11:33 am

If you ever find the answers to #2 and #8, please share. I’d love to know. I’m puzzled at how my dog, who loves green beans, knows we’re having them before I even open the can. I’m puzzled how a child can’t hear what you say to them when you’re sitting right next to them, but here’s the rustle of a candy wrapper from the other room? And finally when you’re suffering from a bout of insomnia, why do you always finally fall asleep minutes before the alarm rings? Hmmm…. #MLSTL

• October 10, 2018 at 10:34 pm

Hmmm indeed Christie!! Many of life’s greatest questions remain unanswered.. clever dog and excellent selective hearing skills by the child. 😊

14. October 10, 2018 at 12:41 pm

This is a great list of things that puzzle you Deb. Some I have wondered about and some like a female Doctor Who, I have never given thought to. I’ll have to give thought to my list #MLSTL Shared on SM

• October 10, 2018 at 10:32 pm

Thanks Jennifer, it’s funny what you think of while you’re out walking in the forest 😊

15. October 10, 2018 at 2:27 pm

Here’s my thoughts on a few: #1 still not sure about the female Dr Who – giving it another episode before I make up my mind (didn’t like the old guy either) #2 Politicians are like all filthy rich people – they have no idea how normal people live #5 for the same reason it hasn’t worked for me – or the 16/8 intermittant fasting – or doing two walks a day – midlife metabolism sucks!! I’ll leave it there but your questions gave me a smile for my day!
    MLSTL – and I’ve shared on my SM 🙂

Liked by 2 people

• October 10, 2018 at 10:31 pm

Glad to hear my post gave you a smile at least Leanne. I didn’t like the last doctor at first but he grew on me over time. Not too keen on the whole midlife metabolism thing but I’m starting to see some progress in my quitting of sugar, it’s just so slow though….thanks for sharing.

16. October 10, 2018 at 4:53 pm

Puzzles indeed. I’m the opposite to you re heights – don’t mind them but often swear out loud and cry a bit when flying. The thing that confounds me most at the moment is how ineffective I can be with time the more I have of it.

• October 10, 2018 at 10:28 pm

I hear you on the issue of time Chris! It just has a habit of draining away at the moment. Thanks for joining in.

17. Molly Totoro
    October 10, 2018 at 11:49 pm

I particularly relate to items 6 and 7 🙂
    I suppose a puzzling question I ponder is … why when we have time we don’t have money – and when we have the money we don’t have time?

Liked by 2 people

• October 11, 2018 at 7:41 am

Yes I totally agree Molly! Time and money are so vital to our happiness aren’t they? As I get older and more comfortable I look back on my early days and shudder at times!!

18. October 11, 2018 at 2:48 am

Ok. The answer to number 1 is that we needed to wait until Jodie Whittaker was ready to take over the role because she is the perfect Dr. Who. And number 3, even I saw on the news last night in the US. Guess people were really upset and loved how they ruined the advertising with flashlights. The Empire State Building does it best by changing their lights on the building based on what they are recognizing. There is even a calendar you can view to see what the lights will be and why.

• October 12, 2018 at 8:55 am

I agree Jodie is just perfect in the role!! I wondered if our Opera House bees would make it overseas, and now I know it did!! It was great to see how the issue galvanised so many people from all walks of life. Thanks for your visit, as always it’s much appreciated 😊

19. christinefield
    October 11, 2018 at 3:50 am

My puzzle – why did it take so long to be comfortable with myself? I am so much digging life and who I am now that I wish I had discovered it all earlier!

Liked by 2 people

• October 11, 2018 at 7:37 am

That’s a great one Christine!! I’m in the exact same boat as you. I really like who I am now and my life and wish it had happened to me earlier too. Thanks!!

20. October 11, 2018 at 4:06 am

LOL to #5, but #2 and #8 just made me sigh. Why do I always pick the slowest checkout line at the grocery store? Or hit every red light the times I’m running late? And why when there is a really great night sky event (partial eclipse, meteor shower), we always have clouds? Life is full of connundrums!

Liked by 2 people

• October 11, 2018 at 7:35 am

I know exactly what you mean Pat, sometimes I sigh a lot at things just wondering why…..life is definitely full of conundrums. I can relate to your puzzles too!! Thanks for joining in.

21. October 11, 2018 at 4:58 pm

Life is a puzzle isn’t it? Sometimes feels like you can’t even find the pieces let alone make them fit! Love Jodie W as Dr Who though, she’s going to be huge. Don’t mind flying but always puzzled by how some people struggle so much to find their seats! Not so hard really.

• October 11, 2018 at 5:28 pm

I agree with you!! Finding the pieces is the hard part at times. I love Jodie as Doctor Who as well, she’s fabulous in the role!! I’m amazed at how much some people take on board as carry on luggage ✈️ thanks for joining the conversation.

22. October 11, 2018 at 9:49 pm

Nice response to Lorna’s prompt, Debbie…:) …. I have responded to the prompt with something about the human brain and mind, the biggest puzzle of all…

23. October 12, 2018 at 5:20 am

I have to agree with number 8!
    Mostly people puzzle me. And my cats, why do they always sit on paper?!

• October 12, 2018 at 8:45 am

I’m not sure about the cat situation Gemma but I agree people are a puzzling breed!! Thanks for popping by 😊

24. October 12, 2018 at 11:12 am

So clever!!! I love your list. Brenda, #MLSTL

25. October 13, 2018 at 1:36 am

Oh… MY ….. Gosh!!! These are great and I’m sharing on FB and Twitter for #MLSTL. I especially like #5 ~ Yes, Why!!??!! And #8 ~ I just don’t get why we put so much importance in them. Thanks Dbbie!

26. October 13, 2018 at 10:49 pm

Hi Debbie, what’s puzzling me at the moment (after recently becoming a great uncle) is if olive oil comes from olives, and vegetable oil comes from vegetables, then where does baby oil come from? 🤔😱

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )