The Gorgeous Colour Orange

Sunday Stills – Orange

What’s not to love about orange??

If you know anything about me at all, you’ll know it’s only my favourite colour!!

So I was thrilled to see the prompt for this week’s Sunday Stills Photo Challenge is all about Orange.

In case you’re wondering how much I love orange –

• I ordered an orange car which was originally delivered in red and I made them replace it for the orange one – that’s an example of just how serious I am!
  • I wore a bright orange dress to my daughter’s wedding last year and everyone said it was just what they expected me to wear.  Two years before I’d worn purple to my daughter’s wedding and everyone was perplexed as they’d assumed I’d wear orange! I did have an orange wrap to wear, so I hadn’t neglected my favourite colour all together.

Family photo at daughter's destination wedding in Fiji

Family photo

• I have lots of orange clothing including at least two amazing pairs of orange shoes, a million scarves, orange leather gloves, an orange purse, orange painted toenails…need I go on?
  • I love Autumn for the amount of orange colouring in the leaves

Orange in the garden

Over the weekend I visited a few Open Gardens as part of Tumbarumba Tastebuds and I was inspired.  I dutifully passed on my ideas to the head gardener, the Mathematician, who simply added them to the ever growing list!

But you know what?

As I drove into my driveway after a delightful day of warm spring sunshine, good conversations with friends, lovely gardens and happy endorphins flowing around my body – I stopped and noticed my happy, bouncy, bright orange Californian poppies in my very own garden!

Orange poppies

Orange poppies

These poppies don’t need any help to flower each year they just pop up (!) and line the driveway welcoming us home after every trip out.  So I took a few shots of my orange poppies to share with you.

I have enjoyed sharing some photos of my favourite colour.  I hope you’ve enjoyed it too.

Let me know if you like orange too.  Don’t worry we can still be friend if it’s not your favourite 🙂

Feel free to leave a comment below. I always love hearing from you!

Deb xx

Feel free to pin:

For the love of orange

*******************************

Are you on Instagram? Check out Deb’s World here: Instagram for photo updates

You can also find Deb’s World here – let’s stay in touch!

TwitterInstagramPinterestG+Facebook,  Flipboard and Mix

You can contact me here

Midlife, Travel and Adventure - that's my life

One thought on “The Gorgeous Colour Orange

1. October 28, 2018 at 6:40 pm

What a gorgeous post Deb, filled with beautiful photos that have absolutely brightened my Sunday. And yes, I love orange too, in fact I have a burnt orange feature wall in our lounge room! 🙂

• October 28, 2018 at 7:45 pm

Thanks Miriam, I’m so happy to hear I’ve brighteend your Sunday. I love that you have an orange feature wall 🙂 You and I were always destined to be great friends x

2. October 28, 2018 at 7:11 pm

So much orange!! Where’s the photo of your orange nails??

I couldn’t work out how to add a photo here (to join in) so I thought I’d create my own post: https://sharonpittaway.com/2018/10/28/orange-sunday-for-sunday-stills/

Sharon

• October 28, 2018 at 7:33 pm

I knew I forgot something – my toenails are orange!! So glad you joined in too. 😊

3. October 28, 2018 at 7:32 pm

I love all your orange – and I have a secret yearning for an orange car. But I think I’ll always be a purple girl at heart – we can offset each other when we go out for coffee 🙂

Liked by 3 people

• October 28, 2018 at 7:44 pm

Phew, I’m glad we can still be friends Leanne! We can so offset each other when we meet up in person 🙂 everyone thought I was mad for persevering when they delivered the wrong colour but I’d already had a red car and wanted an orange one! I never used to like purple but I do now, especially as my MOB outfit was such a gorgorus shade of purple. Thanks for commenting 🙂

4. October 29, 2018 at 7:50 am

Lovely photos , I love autumn leaves but sorry have to admit I’m not a fan of orange. My favourite colour is blue and my car is blue. I like to wear purple. My house is painted mainly yellow.. some lilac, some blue, green in the kitchen.. but was not my choice. Nice post.

• October 29, 2018 at 9:53 am

That’s fine, I just love colour and detest insipd colours that do notjhing for my more olive complexion. I like blue and purple too and green is growing on me as I get older. Thanks for sharing, great to have you visit 🙂

5. October 29, 2018 at 7:57 am

Hi Deb, a post full of happiness and positivity because that is what the colour orange means to me. I have an orange top that I wear during Summer and everyone always comments when I wear it. I love your autumn leaves and would love to have them in Brisbane. ‘Fall’ in the US is one of my favourite times and to be honest I didn’t realise we had this in Southern Australia. I will need to organise a visit next year to see this gorgeous display. Have a beautiful week, my friend and thanks for starting my week with a smile. xx

• October 29, 2018 at 9:51 am

Good morning Sue! Thanks for your lovely comment, you’ve brightened my day 🙂 You are welcome to visit anytime but I’m hoping to get to Brisbane before too long, so will let you know. I love autumn too but at the moment spring has my heart. I do love my orange!!

6. October 29, 2018 at 8:57 am

I love that you love to wear orange! It looks dreadful on me but I love the color. Those look like “California” poppies in your garden… but I imagine you might call them something different in your corner of the world 🙂

• October 29, 2018 at 9:01 am

No Janis, we call them exactly that Californian Poppies!! I love their happiness and brightness which close up as the sun moves away from them. I’m lucky I can wear orange and yellow and red – and I do so with gay abandon 😂 thanks for visiting my orange corner of the universe 😊

7. October 29, 2018 at 10:53 am

Deb your orange images are amazing and I can see why it is your favorite color! Cool that California poppies are happy in Australia! Thanks for participating this week but I’m sure I can ask orange you glad? LOL!

8. October 29, 2018 at 10:59 am

Also, so happy Sharon joined us this week! I found her in your comments! 🙂

9. October 29, 2018 at 11:50 am

I love your ‘oranges’, Deb! This colour suits you very well!

10. October 29, 2018 at 7:27 pm

A gorgeous colour of which I don’t have in my wardrobe as it clashes with my skin! 😉

11. October 29, 2018 at 7:38 pm

I prefer red and blue to orange but orange is pretty as well. You definitely love orange as is quite evident. Enjoyed the photos especially the Fall ones.

• October 29, 2018 at 8:20 pm

Yes I do love it and I forgot to say that even my toenails are orange at the moment.

12. October 29, 2018 at 8:53 pm

Lovely orange. I always say that green is my favourite colour, but orange is a very close second. So bright and cheerful, warm and inviting.

13. October 29, 2018 at 9:02 pm

Loved this Deb! So many awesome photos (and I love love love that dress!)

14. October 29, 2018 at 9:07 pm

You really suit orange too! I bet you love this time of year with all the colour changes and fantastic sunsets and sunrises bursting with orange!

• October 29, 2018 at 9:17 pm

Thanlks Rachael! I do love autumn but here In Australia it’s now spring so I’m enjoying the colours of new growth.

• October 29, 2018 at 9:49 pm

Oh yes of course sorry! How hot does it get in Spring then? I feel like here in England we have forwarded to Winter!

• October 29, 2018 at 9:53 pm

It was a delightful 22 degrees celcius here today – just a pleasant temp! I love the warmer weather. Yes you seem to have bypassed autumn!

15. October 30, 2018 at 4:58 am

I love orange! An awesome post!

16. October 30, 2018 at 9:14 am

Orange is such a happy color, so great choice and post! Personally I’m a purple man myself☺️

• October 31, 2018 at 3:58 pm

It’s funny, I never liked purple much but now I love it! I agree orange is a happy colour and it always makes me smile 🙂

17. October 31, 2018 at 10:13 am

Orange is such a cool colour isn’t it and Autumn is just the best season of the year. Love the colour of the leaves this time of year. A lovely cheerful happy post, loved reading it.

• October 31, 2018 at 3:30 pm

Thanks Jonno. We’re into spring here now and it’s a whole new colour wheel! I love autumn tones too. Thanks for your comment, I’m so glad you enjoyed reading it. You’ve made me happy now 🙂

18. December 1, 2018 at 8:17 pm

lol orange is certainly a very cheerful bright colour!

Totally enjoyed your entry in the Travel part of the rodeo … the rebirth touch struck a chord 🙂

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )