It’s astounding, Time is fleeting…

Sunday Stills – Time

It’s astounding
Time is fleeting….

If you haven’t already guessed it, the prompt for Terri’s Sunday Stills Photo Challenge this week, is Time.

I’ve collated a few of my favourite things to do with time and I’ve included some great quotes with my photos, just for your viewing pleasure.

Time is passing too quickly

I can’t believe my new granddaughter is already 7 weeks old!  We waited 9 long months for her to arrive and now she’s growing up far too quickly!

Time is passing too quickly

Let me love you a little more before you’re not little anymore.

Time Travel – I’m a Whovian

This is one of my favourite photos from a solo trip I did to the UK and Europe a few years ago.  I ‘made’ my daughter visit the Doctor Who Experience with me and although she protested, I think she kind of got into it!

Have you seen the new Doctor Who? I’m really enjoying Jodi Whittaker in the role but my favourite Doctor Who (so far) was David Tennant.  I must say the Rosa Parks episode recently was one of the best I’ve seen, right up there with the Van Gogh episode a few years ago.  What about you, any thoughts??

In the vortex at Doctor Who experience

In the vortex at the Doctor Who experience

“Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters. It’s the person.” – The Tenth DoctorThe Lazarus Experiment (2007)

This is a great quote isn’t it?  I know lots of people who fit this description!

Travel time

This time last year we were travelling in New Zealand with friends.  I was also involved in a 52 week photography challenge and one of our creative prompts was 6:06.  No other instructions were given so we could interpret it as we wished.

I took it very literally and setup this shot on the beach at Lake Taupo in New Zealand and snapped the shot at precisely 6:06pm, with a storm fast approaching.

The next morning when we visited the beach, some locals had changed the stones to read another time, so we changed it before we left that day!  A case of time marching on 🙂

The stones are actually pumice stones and they were all over the beach as a result of the geology and volcano activity.

6:06 storm approaching over Lake Taupo

6:06 storm approaching over Lake Taupo

Tea time

It’s always tea time for this tea lover 🙂 How pretty are these Danish teacups? So stylish!

Spring in a teacup

Spring in a teacup

Time – the best advice

Mother and daughter

Mother and daughter kiss

How to stop time: kiss.

How to travel in time: read.

How to escape time: music.

How to feel time: write.

How to release time: breathe.

Matt Haig – Reasons to Stay Alive

Although this isn’t a photo, I love the quote so much I thought I’d share it with you 🙂

How would you interpret Time in a photo?

Feel free to leave a comment below. I always love hearing from you!

Deb x

I’m also sharing this post with Denyse #Lifethisweek with the prompt Share your Snaps and Lorna’s #Ginspired writing prompt of Time warp (it fits in beautifully)

PS.  As well as a Doctor Who fan, I’m also a Rocky Horror Show fan – hence the title of my post 🙂 . Let’s do the time warp again…..

*******************************

Are you on Instagram? Check out Deb’s World here: Instagram for photo updates

You can also find Deb’s World here – let’s stay in touch!

TwitterInstagramPinterestG+Facebook,  Flipboard and Mix

You can contact me by clicking here

Midlife, Travel and Adventure - that's my life

One thought on “It’s astounding, Time is fleeting…

1. November 4, 2018 at 11:12 pm

Glad to meet another Dr Who fan Deb. Not quite up to date on the new series but really like Jodie W. Either David Tennant or Matt Smith for me although I did grow up with John Pertwee and Tom Baker.

• November 7, 2018 at 10:43 am

I grew up with the same Doctors as you! I watched with my dad through my hands over my eyes or from behind the couch! At dad’s funeral we played the Doctor Who theme at the end of the ceremony and I placed his toy tardis on his coffin. I like David Tennant as I said and Matt Smith was quirky too. I’ve just watched the recent spider episode and it was scary! Nice to know you’re a fan too.

• November 7, 2018 at 11:21 pm

Can’t believe that a lot of people don’t like Dr Who. It’s quality TV as far as I’m concerned. Still haven’t caught up with the current series, need to get organised.

2. November 5, 2018 at 1:47 am

Thank you for these very wise reminders on time. As we just turned our clocks back and have an ‘extra hour’ today, I am off to use this gift of time wisely!

Liked by 2 people

• November 7, 2018 at 10:44 am

I’m sure you always use your time wisely Donna! I’m having a relax day today as it’s storming outside and I’m home alone, so I’m using the excuse to stay on the lounge and catch up on blogs and shows. A good use of my time. Thanks for stopping by!

3. November 5, 2018 at 11:09 am

You nailed such great time-oriented idioms! There are so many, but oh how fun to reminisce about Rocky Horror! I hesitated a moment on the title but it took a moment to click, LOL! For now, it’s 4:00 in the afternoon here and time to walk my dogs! Always lovely having you share your pics and humor for Sunday Stills, Debby!

4. November 5, 2018 at 5:49 pm

Deb, I love the photo of you and one of your daughters, very cute. Time is very precious no matter what our age. We never know how long we have to enjoy “time”. Which is a good thing!!

• November 5, 2018 at 5:53 pm

I agree Suz, and time is marching on! That photo is me with Melanie when she was a toddler, I love it too! Hope all is well with you.

• November 5, 2018 at 5:58 pm

Busy and this shifting in and buying furniture lark is more exhausting than travelling 🙂

• November 5, 2018 at 5:59 pm

I hear you!! It can be quite stressful too. take it easy and enjoy it as much as you can. Soon you’ll be able to sit back and relax in all your new furniture.

• November 5, 2018 at 6:01 pm

Too true, and looking forward to having room and time to do some blogging 🙂 Luckily we have got a few bargins and haven’t spent as much as we budgeted for, thank goodness.

5. November 7, 2018 at 12:02 am

I have to agree totally on the Rosa Parks episode of the new series of Doctor Who, Debbie. I’ve enjoyed all five episodes so far, although the one featuring the spiders wasn’t as much to my liking in terms of story plot as the other episodes. I’m so glad you visited the Doctor Who experience. I loved it when I visited it, although my niece (who was the only one who would come with me), was a little terrified at some of the going-ons inside the event. The 3D experience almost had her screaming when one of the (Blinking) Stone Angels came towards us.
    If there’s one thing I’d love to do, it would be to be able to time-travel a little more. Of course, I have to say this because you do know that I’m a time-traveller, don’t you? I just wish I had more time to do it. 😀
    Love how somebody changed those stones to a new time. I wonder if the stones are still there and the time is still being changed?

• November 7, 2018 at 11:00 am

Yes of course I know you’re a time traveller Hugh! As am I!! I just watched the spider one this morning and am now looking at all my spider webs in a while new light! I’m home alone and it’s stormy outside so I’m playing catchup with various episodes and blogging.
      The stones were so light and flimsy I doubt they stayed too long in one place but it was so funny to find someone had changed them around after we’d been there. Like a time traveller had been for a visit 🙂 . Thanks for your fab message, I love hearing from you!

• November 7, 2018 at 7:56 pm

I should have put a ‘spoiler alert’ in my comment, Debbie. That time traveller you talked about could well have been me. 😀Then again, maybe those spiders did it? 😱

6. Denyse Whelan
    November 7, 2018 at 5:49 pm

Whilst I am not a Dr Who fan I sure have danced to many versions of the Lets Do the Timewarp again at school discos! Love your updates with Miss GD and now, I bet you get some good smiles!

Thanks for linking up for #lifethisweek. Optional prompt next week is “I Remember”.
    Denyse.

• November 9, 2018 at 6:56 pm

Thanks for your comment Denyse! I think we have all danced to the time warp in our time 🙂

7. November 9, 2018 at 10:35 pm

I don’t really follow Dr Who anymore, but time is fleeting.. it goes past to fast.. it’s trying to make the most of now and live life as best we can now. Lovely post.

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )