Bucket list images of New Zealand

I rarely offer advice on my blog, instead I like to provide information and let the reader make up their own mind.

This week Terri’s prompt for Sunday Stills Photo Challenge is all about Bucket List Images

But if I was to offer advice….

If I was to offer advice I would gently suggest that New Zealand should be placed on one’s bucket list.  Australia is generally just a short flight from New Zealand and it’s a popular destination for snow enthusiasts, cyclists, walkers and adventurers.

We have been fortunate to travel to New Zealand twice in recent years – in November 2016 and again in November 2017, with the same good friends.  We predominantly went to cycle on the vast network of Rail Trails in both the North and South Islands,  but also to take in the superb scenery and natural wonders on offer.  The people are welcoming and it’s very easy to get around. We thoroughly enjoyed out visits and are planning to go again one day soon.

Given that it’s November again, and we’re not in New Zealand this year, I have compiled a gallery of my favourite New Zealand photos to share for this week’s Sunday Stills.

Stop dreaming about your bucket list and start living it. Annette White

New Zealand

One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted.

Do it now!

Paulo Coelho

I have written a variety of posts of our travels and, if you’re interested, they can be found here by clicking this link – New Zealand.

Feel free to leave a comment below. What’s your favourite photo from my selection of New Zealand photos?

I always love hearing from you!

Deb x

*******************************

Are you on Instagram? Check out Deb’s World here: Instagram for photo updates

You can also find Deb’s World here – let’s stay in touch!

TwitterInstagramPinterestG+Facebook,  Flipboard and Mix

You can contact me by email by clicking here

Midlife is an adventure

One thought on “Bucket list images of New Zealand

1. November 25, 2018 at 7:47 pm

I wholeheartedly agree, Deb. We first went in 2012 and still can’t believe it took us so long to go somewhere so close. We went back in 2014 and did a 2 week cruise out of Brisbane in 2015. For such a small place there is so much to see and do. We have more trips to take.

Liked by 2 people

• November 25, 2018 at 8:02 pm

I’m so glad to hear that Jenny! We have been to lots of places around the world but were well and truly blown away by New Zealand and wondered why it had taken us so long to get there too 🙂 Thanks for your visit!

2. November 25, 2018 at 8:06 pm

Gorgeous photos of NZ Deb. We are headed there to the North island in Jan for the first time. So exited, can’t wait! Xx

3. November 25, 2018 at 8:20 pm

I have been to New Zealand. Have strong memories! Your photo of the rocks drew me in. Good photo!

• November 25, 2018 at 8:23 pm

Many thanks! The rocks were a surprise find and we were thrilled with the whole place. New Zealand is a great place to visit.

4. November 25, 2018 at 9:43 pm

Nice pictures Debbie and surely, New Zealand is gorgeous country indeed. Great to go through your post and looking at those nice photos.

5. November 25, 2018 at 10:17 pm

Sure looks beautiful!

6. November 25, 2018 at 10:25 pm

Wonderful photos Deb. We love New Zealand so much, definitely our favourite place to visit in the whole world. Beautiful.

Liked by 2 people

• November 26, 2018 at 5:43 pm

It is brilliant with so much variety and something for everyone. We will be back for another visit. Thanks so much for your comment!

7. November 25, 2018 at 11:18 pm

Totally agree. It is a beautiful piece of the world. I was there on my way home from Australia and was stunned by the scenery. Have a friend heading there now for 4 months!

Liked by 2 people

• November 26, 2018 at 5:45 pm

It seems I’m not alone in my thinking – it’s got so much to offer! Thanks for stopping by 🙂

8. November 26, 2018 at 1:36 am

New Zealand is definitely on our list for future travels. I very much appreciate trusted advice so when the time comes I will definitely be returning for yours. Did you take your own bikes to do the rail trails? Is it easy to do cycle there without a guide? Not sure what a trip to New Zealand might look like but cycling was not something that was yet on my radar.

• November 26, 2018 at 5:52 pm

Sue, it’s a great place for cycling. We didn’t take our own bikes but hired them from Trail Journeys, a great company we used when we did the Otago Rail Trail on the South Island. It’s very easy to cycle without a guide and our accommodation was pre-booked with our luggage moved on each day. There are lots of rail trails and cycling is a big tourism drawcard. Feel free to contact me if/when you get around to planning your trip. We could even join you!

• November 27, 2018 at 8:28 am

That does sound super convenient and of course what fun it would be to connect on the trails! Really appreciate your offer of help Deb and will be tucking that away for future planning. Thanks so much. Xo

9. November 26, 2018 at 2:28 am

Love to visit NZ Debbie. Maybe take in that LOTR scenery too. Hard to pick a favourite photo too. I have a natural affinity to water and mountain vistas. They all look good in my book! I also find personal accounts of experience in other places way better than the travel agent bunkum. You get a better feel for what’s there in terms of people and things to do. Keep it up!

• November 26, 2018 at 5:54 pm

Thanks Gary, the LOTR scenery is awesome and they ‘do’ tourism really well in NZ. Thanks for your great comment, I really appreciate it. I also enjoy reading personal accounts over travel bunkum, you usually get a much better idea of the ‘real’ place.

• November 27, 2018 at 4:29 am

I bet! I can watch those films over and over so actually seeing the scenery would be awesome. Linking up with travel bloggers is also a bonus to see first hand accounts too!

10. November 26, 2018 at 10:39 am

I love New Zealand Deb and we have visited three times. The first time we did a driving holiday around the South Island and fulfilled a dream of seeing Milford Sound. The second time we drove the North Island. A couple of years ago we cruised from Brisbane over to NZ and was fortunate enough to have gorgeous weather as we sailed through Milford and Doubtful Sounds. It is truly a gorgeous place to visit and not a long plane ride for us Aussies either! xx

Liked by 2 people

• November 26, 2018 at 5:56 pm

Thanks Sue! We didn’t get to Milford Sound in our previous trips and they are definitely on our list for next time we go. NZ seems to be a popular place with lots of people joining in the conversation! I love getting comments.

11. Nancy
    November 26, 2018 at 10:56 am

Hi Deb, Would love to visit NZ…halfway around the world from me. My niece did a semester of university in Australia and took a side trip to NZ and sent back the most amazing pictures. I’m not sure if we will get there, but you never know. In the meantime, viewing the gorgeous pictures will have to suffice.
    Nancy

Liked by 2 people

• November 26, 2018 at 5:57 pm

Thanks Nancy, I’m so glad you can visit through my (and others) photos. there are so many gorgeous places to visit in the world aren’t there?

12. November 26, 2018 at 12:00 pm

New Zealand and Australia are certainly on my travel bucket list! Your images are stunning and seeing these just inspires me to go!! After all, we need to see where LOTR movies were made, among other things 🙂

• November 26, 2018 at 5:57 pm

Thanks very much for your comment Terri. Yes the LOTR vistas are well worth seeing believe me 🙂

13. November 26, 2018 at 1:07 pm

Hi, Deb – That first sentence in the Paulo Coelho quote scares the heck out of me. So much so, it has caused me to put my Travel Bucket List on my fridge so that I never lose sight of it! Great post and photos! I completely agree with you about New Zealand!

Liked by 2 people

• November 26, 2018 at 5:59 pm

Thanks so much Donna, it’s always my pleasure having you visit. I loved that quote too, it sums it all up doesn’t it? I’m happy to hear the quote has made it onto the fridge 🙂

14. November 26, 2018 at 5:32 pm

I agree New Zealand is a must for anyone’s bucket list. I have been lucky to visit numerous times and recognised with joy all your locations. They brought back many happy memories.

Liked by 2 people

• November 26, 2018 at 6:03 pm

Your comment made me so happy Irene! Thanks for sharing your joy and I’m glad my photos brought back many happy memories for you.

15. November 26, 2018 at 5:37 pm

That’s very inspiring Deb. Thanks, dear. I have already ticked a few places off my Travel Bucket List, but the list keeps increasing almost every day 😛 Definitely adding New Zealand to it! 🙂

16. November 27, 2018 at 6:48 am

NZ is definitely on my bucket list! I live in the States, so it’s a bit further. But I know a lot of sailors who have loved it there. And your pictures are beautiful!

17. November 27, 2018 at 9:27 pm

I would love to visit New Zealand one day!

18. November 28, 2018 at 1:17 am

Beautiful photos. New Zealand is definitely a bucket list item.

19. November 28, 2018 at 2:33 am

Gorgeous! I’ll travel there someday!

20. November 28, 2018 at 11:55 am

Those photos are so beautiful they almost don’t seem real. What an excellent eye you have. And, New Zealand is definitely on my bucket list! The sooner the better, though I am not looking forward to the LOOONG flight. But, if I get to have adventures and see what you’ve seen-I’m in!

• November 28, 2018 at 12:10 pm

I really appreciate your comment Angela! It’s a beautiful place and I do hope you can make it down there one day. It’s a real experience with something for everyone.

21. November 29, 2018 at 10:05 am

Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos! My husband and I are currently planning a trip to New Zealand and I can’t wait to explore soon!

Liked by 2 people

• November 30, 2018 at 10:14 pm

Oh that’s great to hear about your upcoming trip. You’ll have a wonderful time, I’m sure. I’m very jealous too! Thanks for your comment.

22. November 29, 2018 at 9:55 pm

I have so many things on my Bucket List Deb, but I have to say New Zealand is up there near the top. What stunning photographs

Liked by 2 people

23. November 30, 2018 at 9:42 pm

Beautiful photos Deb. Heading over there in March, albeit on a cruise. Been years since I have been there.

• November 30, 2018 at 9:49 pm

Oh that sounds great! I do hope you enjoy your travels. Thanks for stopping by.

24. December 1, 2018 at 2:46 am

I agree, Deb. I am so that we visited both Australia and New Zealand four years ago! Your photos are wonderful and do this incredibly beautiful country justice.

• December 2, 2018 at 10:40 pm

Thanks Susan, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my trips to NZ and plan to go again. I really appreciate your kind words about my photos 🙂

25. December 4, 2018 at 3:45 pm

Wow the colors in the sky in the first and third photos is magical! I hope to make it to NZ one day, it’s been on my list for years. Is there a season you’d recommend going in?

• December 4, 2018 at 10:46 pm

Thanks very much for your comment on my post. We’ve been in November each time which is spring time and the weather was good but still on the cooler side of temperatures. We had a great time and a lot of people go in winter (May, June, July) for the snow sports. Hope you get there one day.

26. December 6, 2018 at 8:17 am

Your photo of the Moeraki boulders is beautifully composed , with delicious texture. (Naturally I am happy to encounter so many fans of my country 🙂

• December 6, 2018 at 9:27 am

Thanks Rachel, it’s one of my all time favourite photos. Always happy to return to NZ!

27. December 10, 2018 at 1:46 pm

Great advice 👍

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )