14245 days later…

That’s 39 years

14245 days

468 months

341880 hours

20 512 800 minutes

1 230 768 000 seconds

roughly speaking that’s how long we’ve been married!*

Yes, today is our 39th wedding anniversary ๐Ÿ™‚ย

I must admit it doesn’t seem like that long ago, which I think is a good thing – it’s been full of ups and downs along the way, but that’s life isn’t it?

Apparently the gift for 39 years of marriage is lace and the modern theme for 39 years is laughter.ย  I can definitely relate to the laughter ๐Ÿ™‚

This sums it up perfectly:

anniversary

The story continues

Over the years I’ve written a few posts telling the story of our wedding, but in short, I was 19 and one month to the day and the Mathematician was turning 23 later in the month. We were young, in love and so very happy! We may not be so young anymore but we’re still happy and in love and that’s what counts.

If I’m being honest I look pretty nervous in some of the wedding photos and I’m not a huge fan of some of them, even after all this time, but they tell the story. I’ve definitely improved the Debbie Smile over the years ๐Ÿ™‚

We’ve had great role models in our parents’ long marriages but do concede we are not the norm these days! It’s sad that this is the first anniversary without both my father and my father in law,ย ย they set great examples for us both.

Our three daughters are our greatest achievement in my opinion and we’re very proud of them.

2014 Flip to my flop

2015 Very Inspiring Blog

2017 Throwback Thursday

2018 That time when the bride wore white and so did the groom!

A birthday letter to myself

Anniversary quotes

And because I love a good quote I’ve included these two that say it so well.

A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance, and tenacity. The order varies for any given year. Paul Sweeney

A great marriage is not when the โ€˜perfect coupleโ€™ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.ย Dave Meurer

Do you have any advice to offer for newly-weds or oldy-weds like us?

I always love hearing from youย  ๐Ÿ™‚

Deb xx

*You do know I married a Mathematician?

Are you on Instagram? Check out Debโ€™s World here:ย Instagram for photo updates

You can also findย Deb’s Worldย here – let’s stay in touch!

Twitter,ย Instagram,ย Pinterest,ย G+,ย Facebook,ย ย Flipboard and Mixย

You can contact me by clicking here

Deb's World banner

ย

One thought on “14245 days later…

1. January 12, 2019 at 8:58 am

Aw happy anniversary Debs!!!

2. January 12, 2019 at 9:06 am

Cute couple then, cute couple now! Happy Anniversary!

• January 12, 2019 at 9:07 am

Thanks, I like to think we’ve still got it ๐Ÿ™‚

3. January 12, 2019 at 9:31 am

Congrats & Happy Anniversary! I am married to a Mathematician/Biostatistician. The years can really add up quickly!

• January 12, 2019 at 9:34 pm

Thanks so much Cindy, life is always about the numbers in our house, and yours too I suspect!

4. January 12, 2019 at 10:06 am

Many congratulations to you both! I hope you have a wonderful day and have started planning for the big one next year ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿพ

• January 12, 2019 at 9:34 pm

Yes next year will be big Clive ๐Ÿ™‚ . Thanks for your kind words, it’s been a lazy day but nice and relaxing too.

• January 12, 2019 at 9:53 pm

Glad to hear it, those can be the best days ๐Ÿ˜Š

5. January 12, 2019 at 10:12 am

Conversation* this little sister was part of 14,246 days ago:

Dad: Do you think that lanky young man is right for your sister?

Me: I think she’s the perfect person for him – it means I get to annoy him as often as possible for the rest of our lives.

Dad: Now why would you want to do that?

Me: For one thing, he’s so OLD. For a second thing he’s a teacher. And for a third thing, he teaches Maths! What’s not to want to annoy? What do you think Dad? Is he right for her?

Dad: I think it’ll be the best decision he’ll ever make. He’ll be thankful every day of his life.

Me: He better be!

Dad: Be nice Sharon. Even to Grunt.

Me and Dad: [chuckle]

Happy anniversary Deb! Hope you have a lovely day and that Grant treats you like a princess. Tell him I’ll be watching!!

* Conversation may have warped slightly over the years

Liked by 2 people

6. January 12, 2019 at 10:25 am

Congratulations! It’s so nice to see young love blossom into a solid long-term marriage.

Liked by 2 people

• January 12, 2019 at 9:33 pm

I agree with you Janis! It started a long time ago and we’re still going strong ๐Ÿ™‚

7. January 12, 2019 at 10:48 am

Happy Anniversary Deb.

8. Nancy
    January 12, 2019 at 10:59 am

Awww….Happy Anniversary Deb! Best wishes for many more!

9. January 12, 2019 at 12:46 pm

Happy Anniversary Deb and Grant, wishing you many more good years together. Loved what your sister said. Very cool. ๐Ÿ™‚

• January 12, 2019 at 9:31 pm

Thanks Suz, many more adventures in store I hope. Yes my sister’s comment really got me ๐Ÿ™‚

10. January 12, 2019 at 1:53 pm

Congratulations, Debbie and Grant!! I LOVE the photos!!

• January 12, 2019 at 9:30 pm

Many thanks Donna, I love sharing them each year too ๐Ÿ™‚

11. January 12, 2019 at 2:45 pm

Happy Anniversary to you both,…I love your new header ๐Ÿ™‚

• January 12, 2019 at 9:28 pm

Thanks Carol and also for noticing my new header which changes pictures randomly.

• January 12, 2019 at 10:12 pm

That’s cool..Did you do it yourself?

• January 12, 2019 at 10:18 pm

Yes it’s a part of my theme, I do everything myself!! I live and learn by making mistakes ๐Ÿ™‚

12. January 12, 2019 at 5:00 pm

Happy anniversary to you both.

13. January 12, 2019 at 7:52 pm

Congratulations! I love those quotes at the end. We are just a year behind you!

• January 12, 2019 at 9:27 pm

That’s great going! We seem to be a dying breed ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you!

14. January 12, 2019 at 9:26 pm

Wow! Congratulations! In Ireland the running one is to equate your marriage length to a prison sentence. E.g. 10 years would be enough to get you ‘Out’ for certain crimes!

• January 12, 2019 at 9:27 pm

Yes we have something similar here with the saying you’d get less time for murder!! Thanks so much for your congrats ๐Ÿ™‚

15. January 13, 2019 at 2:39 am

Happy anniversary you two newlyweds! We will be married 36 years this spring. The one piece of advice we give when asked was something told to us before we were married. PPF which stands for Put your Partner First. So when making and decisions think about how it affects your partner. Or just in the little things in life like choosing a radio station. Itโ€™s worked pretty well for us.
    Again congrats and we know itโ€™s not all lollipops and cupcakes over that many years. Well done!

16. January 13, 2019 at 4:12 am

Congratulations to you both ๐Ÿ˜Š

17. January 14, 2019 at 10:40 pm

I saw this on FB and then forgot to pop across to check out your post! Congrats on such a long time together – I think it’s wonderful when couples have such a long and (relatively) happy history. One marriage quote we often refer to is that marriage wasn’t designed to make you happy – it was designed to make you grow. I love that concept so much – happiness is the end product of healthy growth isn’t it? xx

• January 15, 2019 at 10:33 pm

Thanks Leanne, that’s a great bit of advice in that quote! It has definitely made me grow considering I was so young , we feel we’ve grown together. Yes happiness is the end product and we’ve managed that quite well over the years. Not always smooth sailing but at least we’re still sailing along and not beached or sunk on a reef ๐Ÿ™‚

18. January 15, 2019 at 1:35 am

Good reminder that our years together are made up of a series of days!
    Congratulations!

19. January 15, 2019 at 2:05 am

Happy anniversary. Me and Sam have been married for 39 years in October. I didn’t know it was a lace anniversary, so thanks for that!

20. Dee | Grammy's Grid
    January 16, 2019 at 5:13 am

Happy Anniversary and best wishes for many more! That’s an awesome “Fun in Amsterdam” pic! Please tell me you weren’t in danger โ™ฅ

21. January 16, 2019 at 6:09 pm

Congratulations.

It sounds a lot longer when you figure it in days. And we’re not even going to discuss seconds.

• January 17, 2019 at 10:01 pm

Thanks very much Ellen! They are pretty big numbers ๐Ÿ™‚

22. Jo
    January 17, 2019 at 10:19 am

Congratulations. In many ways, your smiles haven’t changed. It’s an incredible feat to not only stay together but to grow and thrive and smile together.

• January 17, 2019 at 9:56 pm

Thanks Jo, I don’t think we’ve changed that much either ๐Ÿ™‚ I agree, it’s quite a feat indeed!

23. January 22, 2019 at 2:26 pm

A happy belated anniversary to you Deb. Some things just get better with age โค๏ธ xx

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )