A new Friday Feature on Deb’s World
Winners & Losers #4
In case you missed the news, I’ve come up with the idea of a weekly roundup of ‘stuff’ I’ve taken note of during the week. I’m thinking articles, blogs, videos, memes, photos, podcasts, memories, news, funny, sad, weird…it could be anything! Please note this is a work in progress and I’m still not too sure where I’m going with it yet. You are most welcome to join me in this quest each week by leaving me a comment with your own winners and losers!
- A winning quote:
- Not too sure about this one, as in whether it’s a winner or loser. My daughter sent me this link about 14 year old Apple Martin taking her mother (Gwyneth Paltrow) to task after she shared a photo of her on Instagram – read the Guardian article. The premise of the article is that this sort of thing will happen more and more, due to this generation having been documented online since their first ultrasound photo and wanting to have some control over these images and what is posted when they can. What are your thoughts?
Some criticised the teenager for publicly calling out her mother, others backed her up, saying the teenager had a right not to have her image shared with her mother’s 5.3 million followers.Guardian article
- This video from comedian Sammy J has been acclaimed as setting just the right tone when trying to explain bad things that happen, to young children. Normally his videos are funny, sarcastic and always clever but this one is just right. I’d be interested in hearing what you think.
- When I was in Melbourne last week I spent a few hours in the city and loved the vibe, the people, the buzz and the lights. This photo was snapped with my iPhone, while waiting to cross the road at Flinders Street Station. It should be noted there were more people at that crossing at 8pm at night than there are in my home town!
- Some new music to listen to Alle Farden – this was recommended by Lydia who left a comment on my post last week. She says she likes the happy sound. It just so happens this guy performed at a concert in Hungary which our exchange daughter attended – what a coincidence! I’d never heard of him before and must say I like his style!
- I saw this on Leanne’s Cresting the Hill facebook page and thought it was just a perfect quote at the time!
- A huge shout out to Sue at Sizzling Towards 60 and Beyond for her inspiring, helpful and informative posts for #ActiveApril. If you need some inspiration for a healthy lifestyle change, then visit Sue’s blog!
- The big winner this week is the Annual Bloggers Bash Awards with all the nominated blogs listed in the various categories, see the latest post: Here are the Nominees.
- Deb’s World is thrilled to be nominated in the Best Lifestyle Blog category along with some of my favourite bloggers. Here’s the complete list of those nominated in the Best Lifestyle category, with links to the blogs:
- Wheelescapades, Fancy Paper Blog, Invisibly Me, Willow Dot 21, New Lune, Deb’s World, Out An’ About, Lifexperiment Blog, Sawdust and Spoons, The Return of the Modern Philosopher, Sizzling Towards Sixty, Cresting the Hill, Rachael’s Thoughts, Life at No. 22, Corporate Style Story, Fatty McCupcakes, Clare Huston, Beauty Balm, High Latitude Style, My Third Culture Kid, IngridMadisonAve, Jot to Jot, Unfold and Begin, Lifestyle Maven, Boots Shoes and Fashion, Sarah Plus Laura, Oriana’s Notes, Where Cherie Moves to Germany, Unbound Roots, Pain Pals Blog
Voting opens on April 10!
So that’s week #4 of my new Friday Feature done and dusted. I like that I have more winners than losers! And this week, there are no references to politicians or Brexit! That’s a big win!!
What made you winners/losers list this week? Let me know if you have any suggestions for me!
Have a lovely week ahead!
Visit Deb’s World’s Instagram for photo updates
You can also find Deb’s World in lots of other places – stay in touch by clicking any of the buttons below.