Let the Spirit of a Place Move You

Sugar Pine Walk is one of ‘those’ magical atmospheric places

I happen to think we live in a beautiful part of the world and over Easter we again visited Sugar Pine Walk, just a short drive away from our Tumbarumba home. This is an off the road area of pine trees, which has been growing in popularity over the years, and has almost become an Insta-Famous location.

Photographers love it for perspective shots and bursts of creativity have been known to occur when walking among the tall trees. I can assure you lots of photos are taken here! My sister took some beautiful photos yesterday. A few years ago my daughter and her husband had their wedding photos taken in Sugar Pine Walk, by my sister and her husband, and they’re brilliant shots!

Setting foot on Sugarpine Walk is like walking into a natural cathedral. Pine needles carpet the ground and soften every footfall.

Source
A different sort of Autumn colours
Autumn colours in Sugar Pine Walk

On this particular visit there were masses of cars and people in the forest, some families were having picnics, easter egg hunts and others were just walking and soaking up the atmosphere of the ethereal beauty. It’s true to say every man and his dog was there!!!

One man, as a joke I’m sure, even brought in his chainsaw and pretended to be cutting down a tree for photographs!! He actually started his chainsaw, ripping apart the tranquility in the process. I was waiting for someone, to take him to task on his so called shenanigans! I was getting ready to take him out if I’m being honest.

I have written about Sugar Pine Walk many times before and I even wrote a poem! It has a magical effect on all who wander through it, although it’s hard to actually pinpoint what it is exactly! Years ago our area’s tourism slogan was ‘Magic in the Mountains’ and I’m sure this was partly a reflection of the ‘magic’ feeling you get when walking through the trees.

The shadows of the trees
casting lines and patterns
the snow, the sunshine
welcome to a special world.
Sugar Pine walk, Laurel Hill near Tumbarumba
Sugar Pine walk

The trees soar above and around you, waving into the sky and the atmosphere seems charged with fairy dust.

Deb’s World
Sugar Pine Walk near Tumbarumba NSW Australia
Sugar Pine Walk near Tumbarumba

This week the theme for Terri’s Sunday Stills is Spirit, and I’m very happy to share some of my photos with you.

Another reminder to make time to look up, breathe in deeply and absorb the beauty of nature around us.

Deb’s World

I’ll leave you with this photo and quote which I shared on my Facebook page and I think sums it up perfectly.

Sugar Pine Walk near Tumbarumba NSW Australia
Sugar Pine Walk near Tumbarumba NSW Australia

It’s true, places can move you, and whether it’s the spirit or just plain old magical beauty, I know I’ll keep going back for more! It’s great to share this on Earth Day too 🙂

I always enjoy hearing your thoughts. Do you feel the magical spirit from my photos of Sugar Pine Walk?

Have a great week ahead.

Debbie 🙂

All my Sunday Stills posts can be found here – all photos by me

Sunday Stills photo challenge

Visit Deb’s World’s Instagram for photo updates

You can also find Deb’s World here – stay in touch by clicking any of these buttons below:

TwitterInstagramPinterest, Facebook,  Flipboard and Mix

You can Contact me here

One thought on “Let the Spirit of a Place Move You

1. April 22, 2019 at 2:08 pm

Hi, Debbie – I agree that places can move us. I DO feel the magic!

• April 22, 2019 at 2:10 pm

That’s great to hear Donna, it’s a beautiful part of the world and we are currently blessed with gorgeous autumn weather, so extra bonus!! Have a great week 🙂

2. April 22, 2019 at 5:17 pm

I certainly do, Deb and you live in such a beautiful part of the world. The photo looking up at those tall trees would turn anyone into a ‘tree hugger’. Where I lived before the Coast, there was a park across the road. It has Moreton Bay Figs and the root systems are spectacular. I often wonder what stories the trees could tell us. 🙂 Have a great week my friend. xx

• April 23, 2019 at 7:44 am

Thanks Sue! I love Moreton Bay fig trees, they’re so special and yes the stories they could tell. Enjoy the week and hope you can relax a bit after the big move.

3. April 22, 2019 at 10:31 pm

Very creative photography here, Deb. Well done.

• April 23, 2019 at 7:40 am

Thanks Albert, it’s a beautiful place and so worth a visit and a photo or two!

4. April 22, 2019 at 11:25 pm

Trees are poems. Indeed they are. The older the grander!

5. April 23, 2019 at 6:16 am

So strange, Debbie, I thought I read and commented on this post yesterday. Well if you reposted, it was worth reading and to see how many folks enjoy this area. I always love the perspective of looking up into the trees, so mystical! Your photos beautifully capture the spirit of this place! Happy Earth Day!

• April 23, 2019 at 7:39 am

Hi Terri, very strange as I’ve checked the spam folder and no other comments anywhere! I haven’t reposted 🙂 I always appreciate your comments and support and loved sharing these photos of such a beautiful place! Thanks for sharing.

6. Jo
    April 23, 2019 at 6:57 pm

Such an atmospheric place…and great pics

7. April 25, 2019 at 9:15 am

I love the perspective of gazing up at those tall trees. I almost had a fit at your description of the dude with his chainsaw! I can possibly see bringing it for a photo op but to start it up and shatter the stillness of such a place? It takes all kinds to make up this world.

• April 25, 2019 at 1:16 pm

Yes Sue, he was being an idiot!! Luckily he moved on pretty quickly and we were able to enjoy the serenity of the trees again. I too love looking up through trees! Thanks for your visit 🙂

8. April 26, 2019 at 8:27 am

Oh, I absolutely love this place Deb. Very moving and spiritual. I remember visiting it years ago when we were up your way and it cast a magic spell on me. Much like the Warburton Redwood forest around here. Beautiful post and pictures. 💚

• April 26, 2019 at 8:29 am

Thanks Miriam, it is very similar to your Warburton area and when I see photos of it I always have to check. I’m, so glad you’ve experienced that Magic in the Mountains 🙂

• April 26, 2019 at 8:32 am

Oh I have and it’s very special. I actually took my sister there just recently as she’d never been. I never get tired of it. ☺️

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )