Australia in Lockdown
This beautiful video was shown on TV last night and is an eerily beautiful snapshot of major cities in Australia at the moment. It’s very poignant and I’m sure you’ll find it stunning, along with the soundtrack.
London in Lockdown
I saw this video on Tally Ho’s facebook page this week featuring scenes of London in lockdown from the view of a Penny Farthing bikerider. A few years ago I did a cycling tour of London with Tally Ho! (not on a penny farthing) and absolutely loved the experience, so the next time we were over there I took my husband along. This footage takes me back to sights I might not see for quite some time.
My view of lockdown
And then there’s my view of the vineyard next door, from the verandah, which hasn’t changed much at all!
When I say challenges, I don’t mean the day to day challenge of managing life in isolation, I mean:
- A-Z of Isolation photo challenge – fun with family members from all over the country joining in, with shots allowed from within the house and garden, nothing further afield, for each letter of the alphabet. W is for WonderWoman on Wordless Wednesday
- A seven day healthy eating challenge run by a blogging friend with tips, daily assignments and videos to watch
- A daily writing challenge getting ready for The Story A Day in May
- My 2020 Reading Challenge with GoodReads
- How to commemorate ANZAC Day without a ceremony to attend for the first time – we live out of town so standing at the end of the driveway won’t have the same impact as it would in more suburban areas. But I’m sure we’ll do it anyway. Strange times indeed.
I’m definitely keeping busier than normal with daily zoom exercise classes with family across the country; riding the new rail trail as often as I can on my new bike; staying in touch with my daughters and grandchildren scattered across Aus and UK; Yoga sessions with Adrienne on YouTube; enjoying the autumn sunshine in my garden sunroom – just to mention a few of my favourite things to do in isolation!
How are you spending your time, are you feeling challenged too?
I hope you enjoyed these short videos, they are well worth sharing, if only to look back on in years to come to remember how quiet everything was at this time.
Let me know what’s happening with you, I always love hearing from you.
Take care and stay well.
You can also find Deb’s World in lots of other places – stay in touch by clicking any of the buttons below.