What’s been good in 2020 so far?
I saw this question on Facebook earlier in the week and had a wry smile to myself.
My first thoughts were, ‘really, what good things have happened so far in 2020‘??
I have been stressed and stretched in more ways than one and it’s only just over half way through the year! Can we press the fast forward button?
I’m sure I’m not the only feeling like this.
So I decided to sit down and have a look for the good things that have happened to see what I could come up with.
I managed to come up with 10 things quite easily.
- We made it home to Australia after spending 2 months with our daughter and her family, especially Dottie, over in the UK, before the virus took off and travel became a no-go.
- We celebrated 40 years of marriage in January – a huge milestone!
- Our home was not affected by the bushfires in our area, (thanks to many local volunteers).
- Our first baby grandson was born in late February and we were able to visit, despite living 1300kms away and thankfully the pandemic restrictions hadn’t started yet.
- We had a safe and well equipped home to ‘stay at home in’ during the lockdown and a caring community around us.
- Our family members are safe and sound and being well looked after. We’ve managed to stay connected in many ways, including family photo challenges.
- I’ve managed to grow my hair for the first time in decades.
- Our hard fought for local rail trail was opened via an online ceremony and has been getting lots of use and my guide to riding it has been a very popular post.
- I bought an electric bike in April and I LOVE it!
- Due to the need to see family, after some of the restrictions were lifted, we have been able to get to the beach in winter, (south coast of NSW and more lately in Queensland). We’ve enjoyed some apricity (winter sunshine), instead of feeling the cold winter weather at home. And the bonus of that has been seeing lots of family members as well.
OK, over to you now!
See, that wasn’t too hard an exercise to do!
I’d love to hear what good things have happened to you as well. I’m sure you can find a few so please share in the comments below.
Happy Friday – wishing you a safe and healthy weekend ahead and keep smiling.
You can also find Deb’s World in lots of other places – stay in touch by clicking any of the buttons below.
© 2021 Copyright – All rights reserved: firstname.lastname@example.org, debs-world.com