What have I never been, done, found, thought?
So I put my thinking cap on and came up with this list (very quickly) this morning, while having breakfast (isn’t that the best way to write a blog post?).
I have never been:
- bunjee jumping
- hot air ballooning
- inspired to write a book about my life
- a slow reader
- a good cook
- a confident public speaker (but I do make myself do it)
- a heavy drinker
- good at telling jokes (I always laugh before the punchline)
- a particularly patient person
- known for my dancing prowess
But I have conquered my fear of heights by going on a zip wire
I have never done:
- had a tattoo
- broken a bone
- made any money from blogging
- had a post go viral
- sang karaoke
- danced on tabletops
- run a marathon
I have never found:
- the fountain of eternal youth
- the gold at the end of the rainbow
- life to be easy
- the confidence to do lots of things that scare me
- the perfect age (but I’m getting closer)
- a love to eclipse the love I have for my grandchildren
I have never thought:
- of myself as brave or courageous, but apparently I am
- I suffered from over-confidence, despite what some people might think
- I am an inspiration to anyone
- I am funny, but once again, apparently I am (to my daughters at least)
- life was meant to be easy
- teachers were valued enough
- I would end up teaching in a men’s prison (but I did for 22 years!)
So that’s just a quick ‘off the top of my head’ list for I have never, but on the flip side I have done a whole lot of:
- putting myself out there
- drinking (tea)
- staying positive
That’s me for I Have Never… what about you?
Is there something you haven’t done yet but you wish you could?
Have a great week ahead and thanks Denyse for another great prompt that got me thinking and writing!
You can also find Deb’s World in lots of other places – stay in touch by clicking any of the buttons below.
A tragic accident at age 17, resulting in a Bravery Award from the Queen, didn’t deter Debbie from travelling the world. A young retiree, after being made redundant from her 22 year career managing education programs in a men’s correctional centre, she now loves reading, blogging, riding her ebike and a good cup of tea! Also known as Granny Debs to her 4 grandchildren.
Copyright © 2021 debs-world.com – All rights reserved