My Goodreads Reading Challenge 2021
At the beginning of 2021 I set myself the challenge of reading 105 books for the year. I read 103 books in 2020 and my goal was 100. In 2019 I set a goal of 55 books and I managed to read 105 books – so I know I can do it!
January 2021 (10 books)
- Americanah – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie 2* (bookclub)
- Bombproof – Michael Robotham 4* (#2 in Joseph O’Loughlin series)
- Unsheltered – Barbara Kingsolver 2*
- Searching for Charlotte – Kate Forsyth 4*
- Daring Greatly – Brene Brown 3*
- Fearless – Fiona Higgins 4*
- Wuthering Heights– Emily Bronte (Online bookclub) 4*
- The Godmothers – Monica McInerney (bookclub) 5*
- The Pull of the Stars – Emma Donoghue 4*
- Shatter – Michael Robotham 4* (#3 in Joseph O’Loughlin series)
February 2021 (10 books)
- Charlotte Pass – Christine Lee 4*
- Bleed for me – Michael Robotham (#4 in Joseph O’Loughlin series) 4*
- The Wreckage – Michael Robotham (#5 in Joseph O’Loughlin series) 4*
- Brody Cody and the Haunted Vacation House – Toni Pike 5*
- Hamnet – Maggie O’Farrell 5*
- Myrren’s Gift – Fiona McIntosh 4*
- Sam Bloom: Heartache and Birdsong – Bradley Trevor Greive 5*
- The Secrets we Kept – Lara Prescott (bookclub) 4*
- The Natural Way of Things – Charlotte Wood 3*
- The Blue Day Book – Bradley Trevor Greive 5*
- Penguin Bloom – Cameron Bloom 5*
- Agnes Grey – Anne Bronte
- The Quickening Trilogy – Fiona McIntosh 4*
- Escape to Curlew Cottage – Joanne Tracey 5*
- In an Instant – Suzanne Redfearn 5*
- The Girl who Saved the King of Sweden – Jonas Jonasson
- Women of a Certain Rage – Liz Byrski
- The Spill – Imbi Neeme 3*
- Tapestry – Fiona McIntosh
I have included links to Goodreads on each of these titles, so if you want more information on what the book is about, click the title and away you go! I read a wide range….just saying!
Please note I will bold all of my 5* star ratings – I’m fairly strict with what I give 5 stars to, so you can be assured that these are my favourites.
My rating code: 1* did not finish/terrible; 2* OK; 3* enjoyable; 4* really good ; 5* excellent
Let’s see how many I get up to this year! I don’t set any rules or follow any plans, I just read what I feel like, what friends have recommended and what takes my eye. I rarely start a book and not finish it, but it does happen sometimes!
Are you on Goodreads? – you can join me 🙂
My wrap-up post for my 2020 challenge is here:
Every now and again I do a Friday Fiction post just to keep updating my reading collections!
I’d love to hear what you’re reading too. And any recommendations are always welcome 🙂
Visit Deb’s World’s Instagram for photo updates
You can also find Deb’s World in lots of other places – stay in touch by clicking any of the buttons below.