Tree Square – Day #21
It’s not raining or snowing today! In fact the sun is shining brightly, although not very warmly – it’s currently sitting on 7 degrees C at 4pm in the afternoon.
A range of emotions today – in order as the day progressed:
- Disappointment/sadness/anger as the news that our shire won’t be demerged after all these years, filters through the community. Nobody seems to have listened to us, they’ve merely ‘consulted’ and then gone their own way. I can’t be angry anymore, I’m just sad
- Happiness at seeing the sun shining after days of rain and fog and then going for a bike ride in the cool temps after buying new warm gloves from Ride Tumba. My hands say thank you.
- Shock, and then relief, as we found a tree in the backyard had fallen, narrowly missing doing any damage to the sunroom, or as the girls call it the PCH (poly carbonate house). Also relief that I wasn’t in there when the tree fell as I might have been trapped inside!
- Laughter and joy bubbled over after watching a video of my granddaughter in England.
- Pride at being interviewed by a travel writer doing a story on the Tumbarumba to Rosewood Rail Trail after he found me via my blog. I’ll talk to anyone about the rail trail!
- Finally back to feeling joy as we cycled along the rail trail, fresh air burning my lungs, snow views, bird life swooping (even if it included a magpie who is far too early for the season) and spotting an owl.
Just another day as posted on my Facebook page to give context to my photos below.
But looking on the positive side, I was given some great action photos for Day 21 of #TreeSquare and nobody was hurt!
You might remember my post a few days ago about my very different Tea Tree? Well this happened to it overnight! It fell down and nearly took out my sunroom with it!
Thankfully there was minimal damage to my sunroom but for a minute this morning I was very worried!
An action packed day here in Tumbarumba and lots of emotions as my earlier words express. I’ve since contacted various politicians and expressed my disappointment in the decision they made not to give us our shire council back. I feel like I’ve at least told them what I think!
Becky’s square theme for July is Trees – it’s a monthly challenge where she posts a square photo of a tree (in some form) every day and she invites us all to join in, either daily or spasmodically as the whim takes us!
The message for the day is to stay positive and keep smiling!
PS: A brief apology (#sorrynotsorry) to some readers who may get tired of my extra posts and my photos of trees – but it’s a warm wintry welcome to my world! I have a lot of trees around my place so this is something I’m enjoying!
- Healthy Eating for a Healthier Me #WOYP
- Taking Stock over the past few months
- The Gift of Unconditional Love
- Our family photo challenge is still going strong!
- It’s a new day!
You can also find Deb’s World in lots of other places – stay in touch by clicking any of the buttons below.
A tragic accident at age 17, resulting in a Bravery Award from the Queen, didn’t deter Debbie from travelling the world. A young retiree, after being made redundant from her 22 year career managing education programs in a men’s correctional centre, she now loves reading, blogging, riding her ebike and a good cup of tea! Also known as Granny Debs to her 4 grandchildren.
Copyright © 2022 debs-world.com – All rights reserved