Bloganuary – what the heck is that?
Finally I am joining in with a post for Bloganuary, it’s only taken me 10 days or so to get myself into gear!
So what’s it all about? I first saw this WordPress challenge mentioned on Hugh’s View and News and then kept seeing other favourite bloggers participating, so joined up. I have great memories of previous challenges run by WordPress, some many years ago, which brought a lot of bloggers together and inspired our collective creativity.
If you haven’t heard the news, WordPress is running Bloganuary during the whole month of January.
By participating in Bloganuary, you’ll get access to the Bloganuary community site, where you can meet and get to know others working toward similar blogging goals. You can share tips, learn from others, reach a new audience for your blog, and make some new blogging friends. Click here for more details.
Welcome to our first ever Bloganuary! (from WordPress)
Our goal is to start a fun challenge to help jump start your blogging habits in the new year while connecting you with other great bloggers from around the world. It’s going to be a lot of fun.
What to expect
Each and every day during the month of January, we’ll post a prompt to our community site, as well as sending it out via email. The prompts will either be a question or a directive, helping to serve as inspiration for your blog content that day.
Every day an email comes in with the daily prompt and I look at it and throw a few ideas around and move on. I may have already had a post scheduled for that day or it didn’t grab me enough to write a post, or I may have be too busy doing other things – life you know?
5 Things I’m grateful for
But yesterday the prompt was What are 5 things you’re grateful for today? and it got me thinking. I didn’t want to just write about the ordinary things I’m grateful for so I came up with this list in no particular order:
- My legs – they are strong! I may be 61 years old but I rode a PB yesterday on our rail trail 21kms in 51 minutes. It helped that I was trying to catch up to a group, including a guy riding a penny farthing, and they’d started out about 40 minutes ahead of me. I worked hard the whole way and felt strong and capable!
- Inside plumbing – I saw this old outside dunny at a friend’s place last week and it took me back to the day we had one of these in our backyard. This particular one is now used as a gardening shed, it looks so iconic doesn’t it? I’m so grateful for inside plumbing!
- Blogging connections – What would I be without my blogging connections? The linkups, the meet-ups, the sharing, the comments, the support – it all makes it such a wonderful community to belong to. This photo is from my online bookclub’s latest baking session – at the end of each book we get together over Zoom and cook something from the book’s time period. It’s always a fun session as you can see by our happy faces.
- Wedding Anniversary – This weeks sees The Mathematician and I celebrate 42 years of marriage! Isn’t 42 the meaning of life?? I’m grateful for all the years we’ve spent together.
- Tea – I am so grateful for tea throughout the day and to my friends who know how I love tea and buy me some fabulous tasting ones to stretch my taste buds. This Gypsy Rose tea is delightful!
So there you have it 5 things I’m grateful for apart from the usual suspects like my family and friends!
And of course I’m grateful to the Bloganuary challenge! Whether I’ll continue to respond to the daily prompts in this way will have to be seen, but it keeps my mind active at least!
What are you grateful for?
Happy Tuesday 🙂
Latest posts from Deb’s World:
- The Gift of Sisters #WOTY
- Taking Stock from A-Z #WWandPics
- Not quite 50 shades of brown for #SundayStills
- What makes a book a good read? #WOYBS
- The beauty of a rose need no words – #WordlessWednesday
You can also find Deb’s World in lots of other places – stay in touch by clicking any of the buttons below.
A tragic accident at age 17, resulting in a Bravery Award from the Queen, didn’t deter Debbie from travelling the world. A young retiree, after being made redundant from her 22 year career managing education programs in a men’s correctional centre, she now loves reading, blogging, riding her ebike and a good cup of tea! Also known as Granny Debs to her 4 grandchildren.
Copyright © 2022 debs-world.com – All rights reserved