It’s time for my first Taking Stock post of 2022 – these are always fun to do 🙂
Taking Stock #1/2022
The way I approach the idea of these Taking Stock posts is to write a response to the prompt without giving it too much thought, so be aware it’s usually the first thing that pops into my head.
Blogging Schedule for 2022
I’m going to try to do a Taking Stock post at the beginning of each month but it might stretch out to every few months. I’ll see how I go. My blogging schedule is usually pretty fluid but there are a few regular posts:
- What’s on Your Plate – first Wednesday of each month (I contribute to these via the link up from co-hosts Donna and Deb in Canada going live at 7pm my time (Sydney timezone)
- What’s on Your Bookshelf – third Wednesday at 9am AESDT via the link party. I’m one of the co-hosts along with friends Sue, Donna and Jo.
- Word of the Year (WOTY) link party – last Friday in the month at 9am AESDT. Again I’m a co-host with Sue, Donna and Jo on this one. This is a great way to share progress on our WOTY and to see how others are going with theirs.
- Sunday Stills – Terri from Second Wind Leisure has a weekly photo challenge which I try to join in on her blog. I post late on a Sunday (my time) and link to Terri’s first thing Monday morning, due to the time difference.
- Life this Week – Denyse has a link up each Monday and it’s always great to see what others are posting.
- I’ll also try to share a link to a post on Natalie’s Weekend Coffee Share on a Saturday.
- Squares – every quarter Becky has a Square challenge, with a theme and the only rule is the photos have to be square. This month the theme is ODD, #squareodds. I don’t join in every day but do try to link up every now and again and visit others to see how they have interpreted the theme.
All that might sound a lot, and in some ways it is a huge commitment, but I enjoy the interaction, creativity and friendship.
Let’s get into it!
Admiring: All the clever people who play Wordle!
Becoming: Annoyed at certain people at a high level, who should know how to behave.
Curious: As to why the magnolia has flowered again in mid-summer??
Delighted: To have been awarded a Special Achievement Award on Australia Day in Tumbarumba, along with my husband.
Excited: My grandson Patrick turns 2 later this month! He is a gorgeous little man!
Feeling: A tad old! One of our earliest memories when we first moved here 31 years ago, was going to a teacher’s 40th birthday bash, well today we went on a bike ride (with him & friends) to his 70th birthday lunch. In a ‘ is stranger than fiction’ moment, he also taught me at school!
Going: Mad with all the political nonsense that’s around at the moment.
Helping: Emma Wiggle had a helping hand on our walk with Miss 3 recently!
Imploring: Think about how your behaviour impacts on others.
Joking: I like this saying –
Keeping: Fit by riding my ebike regularly – about 50-80kms a week!
Loving: Regular Facetime calls with my daughters and grandchildren.
Making: A Penang chicken curry in the slow cooker – smells delicious.
Next: Tumbatrek and Tumbafest – it’s all go here in Tumbarumba!
Observing: It’s been 30years since we left Australia for a year on a Teacher Exchange in England, with our three young daughters aged, 8,6 and 3.
Pleasing: How well I feel after my weekly Aqua Aerobics sessions – it’s a lovely way to exercise.
Reading: Midnight in Everwood by M. A. Kuzniar.
Staying: Close to home for the moment.
Trying: To see things as a gift – it’s my WOTY.
Understanding: or not – it seems the world has gone a bit mad and I seem to be riding a wave of uncertainty at the moment.
Viewing: Lots of great blogs!
Welcoming: The willy wagtails who made a home in the grapevine on the verandah outside the back door.
X (our choice): I’m loving the sign I had made for my husband for Christmas. I asked it to be made in the form of an English street sign and I think it came out really well. What do you think? The Mathematician has always called this section of the garden (reclaimed paddock) Harris Park, so it was perfect for the sign.
Yes: My sunflowers are flowering all around the garden! They are such happy flowers.
Z – (our choice): My grandson Zachary turned one late last month – he is just the cutest, happiest baby!
How about you?
How is life treating you at the moment?
How would you answer any one these prompts?
I always enjoy doing these posts! I’d love to hear from you 🙂
Have a great week.
You can also find Deb’s World in lots of other places – stay in touch by clicking any of the buttons below.
A tragic accident at age 17, resulting in a Bravery Award from the Queen, didn’t deter Debbie from travelling the world. A young retiree, after being made redundant from her 22 year career managing education programs in a men’s correctional centre, she now loves reading, blogging, riding her ebike and a good cup of tea! Also known as Granny Debs to her 4 grandchildren.
Copyright © 2021 debs-world.com – All rights reserved