All About Numbers
We are currently away from home on a ‘holiday’ and I’m taking a ‘sort of break’ from all things blogging* (see note below) …but as I’m married to the Mathematician, I couldn’t let this #SundayStills prompt go by!
We have a lot of numbers in our lives and understand that without numbers our lives would be meaningless (according to someone in our family – guess who?).
A few of my observations that involve numbers from along the way:
- Our road trip has taken us through 3 states of Australia – NSW, ACT and finally into Queensland where the sun is shining and it’s warm!
- We had a fun 6 hours with our daughter and 2 grandchildren in Canberra – a mere 3 hours drive to get started – before setting off on the main part of our drive.
- We have driven a total of 1563 kilometres – I kept a tally for this post 🙂
- The temperature when we drove away was about 5 degrees Celsius and snow fell the next day – not a lot of snow, but it does tell you something about how cold it was!
- We stopped at Glen Innes in Northern NSW for 2 nights with my sister-in-law and went to see the Standing Stones (again), always an interesting place to visit, although the wind chill factor was freezing! I took this photo below but added a cool night sky filter to it.
This stone circle is unique in the southern hemisphere. Each of the 38 megaliths forming the Standing Stones array, stands 3.5 metres highSource
- In Queensland it’s also winter but a very different winter – the temperature ranges from low to mid 20s, which means snow is not on the radar up here. The locals tell me it’s a tad cold at the moment and I just laugh at them! I am in shorts and t-shirts, where just a few days ago I was dressed in many layers with my beanie, gloves and scarf completing my look. I have to say it is SO nice to feel the warmth!
- The cost of petrol has been up and down with the top price we paid being $2.19 per litre.
- We went for a bike ride today along the beach – ahhh bliss! – and there were a number of dogs out and about. I admit to being a bit scared of dogs when I’m on the bike but thankfully all was well.
- There were LOTS of people out walking, riding and scootering along the path but we all managed to manoeuvre safely and pleasantly.
- We saw a number of colourful kite surfers bouncing over the waves.
- Many of the beaches of Moreton Bay still show damage from the recent wild weather up this way.
- We’ve been to the park with lots of time on the swings, thrown lots of rocks and sticks into the creek and played with lots of cars and trucks!
- I’m looking forward to spending many more days with my daughter’s family especially my 2-year-old grandson Patrick.
I’m also counting down to my visit to England in a few months time to see my eldest daughter’s family and Dottie who turns 3 – using an app to help me.
Don’t count the days, make the days count.Muhammad Ali
I know this quote sort of goes against what I’m doing by counting down the days until our trip, but I always think anticipation is one of the best parts of travelling. In the meantime however I will enjoy the days with my Queensland family, celebrating our daughter’s birthday next week with her in person and of course enjoy that all important warmth while I can.
Sunday Stills Photo Challenge
Terri, from Second Wind Leisure, hosts Sunday Stills photo challenge, with the prompt this week being ‘All About Numbers’. You can read Terri’s post here It’s a Numbers Game. Feel free to join in, it’s a fun challenge open to everyone!
I’ve enjoyed sharing my take on numbers, how about you?
Have a great week!
* I know I said I was on a sort of blogging break, but I also know that I can’t stop myself from checking in, commenting, responding to comments and posting if I have something to share – so let’s just see how I go – before making any further grand statements!
All my Sunday Stills posts can be found here – I’ve been doing these for quite some time now!
Latest posts on Deb’s World:
- Drum roll please – Introducing: What’s Been on Your Calendar? #WBOYC
- 5 Things I’m Loving Right Now #WWandPics
- The Gift of Sisters #WOTY
- Taking Stock from A-Z #WWandPics
- Not quite 50 shades of brown for #SundayStills
You can also find Deb’s World in lots of other places – stay in touch by clicking any of the buttons below.
A tragic accident at age 17, resulting in a Bravery Award from the Queen, didn’t deter Debbie from travelling the world. A young retiree, after being made redundant from her 22 year career managing education programs in a men’s correctional centre, she now loves reading, blogging, riding her ebike and a good cup of tea! Also known as Granny Debs to her 4 grandchildren.
.Copyright © 2022 debs-world.com – All rights reserved