My Goodreads Reading Challenge 2022
At the beginning of 2022 I have set myself the challenge of reading 100 books for the year. I read 133 books in 2021 and my goal was 105 – it was a good year to read books – what can I say??
I’m in two bookclubs – a local group where we meet each month in person with a book supplied from the local library and a small online group which meets over Zoom every few weeks. We’ve been reading the Bronte sisters , slowly in pre-arranged chunks, and incorporating a cooking session after we finish each book. It’s such a great way of reading and dissecting a book, we all love it.
We’ve also started a monthly blogging challenge, What’s on your Bookshelf, and encourage others to join in. All my WOYBS posts can be found here
- The Golden Girls’ Getaway – Judy Leigh 4*
- The Stolen Boys – Joy Ellis (DI Jackman and DS Evans #5) 3*
- The Patient Man – Joy Ellis (DI Jackman and DS Evans #6) 3*
- The Inn – James Patterson and Candice Fox 3*
- Fifty Fifty – Candice Fox and James Patterson (Detective Harriet Blue #2) 4*
- Dear Life – Alice Munro 3*
- The Lions of Fifth Avenue – Fiona Davis 3*
- Walking into Trouble – Geoff Le Pard 4*
- Still Life – Sarah Winman
- Shirley – Charlotte Bronte
- Liar, Liar – Candice Fox and James Patterson (Detective Harriet Blue #3)
I have included links to Goodreads on each of these titles, so if you want more information on what the book is about, click the title and away you go! I read a wide range….just saying!
Please note I will bold all of my 5* star ratings – I’m fairly strict with what I give 5 stars to, so you can be assured that these are my favourites.
My rating code: 1* did not finish/terrible; 2* OK; 3* enjoyable; 4* really good ; 5* excellent
Let’s see how many I get up to this year! I don’t set any rules or follow any plans, I just read what I feel like, what friends have recommended and what takes my eye. I rarely start a book and not finish it, but it does happen sometimes!
Are you on Goodreads? – you can join me 🙂
What did I read in 2021?
You can read about my books for 2021 here: My Goodreads challenge for 2021
I’d love to hear what you’re reading too. And any recommendations are always welcome 🙂
You can also find Deb’s World in lots of other places – stay in touch by clicking any of the buttons below.