My Word of the Year for 2023 – EXPLORE
Explore can relate to creativity, food, ideas, travel, books, music, exercise, relationships, fun – it’s a word that exudes adventure and curiosity – and how I love these words! I’ll be exploring my options
- to search and discover (about something)
- to think or talk about something in order to find out more about it
- to investigate, study, or analyze, look into something
- travel through (an unfamiliar area) in order to learn about it
- self exploration is a concept that interests me
- being curious is a way to extend my knowledge
- I can become Deborah the Explorer for the year ahead instead of the more well known Dora the Explorer. The Mathematician will roll his eyes at that one because my sense of direction can be a bit off at times and he won’t be following me if I’m leading the way!
Previous Words of the Year
For the past few years I’ve chosen a word of the year #WOTY – here are the words and a post telling why I chose each of them.
I was a GIFT in 2022 but 2023 is all about EXPLORING.
Each month I’ll write an update about what I’ve explored, what I’ve learnt and and how exploring has enriched my life.
It helped keep me accountable and I enjoy sharing how my word is impacting on my world.
All my EXPLORE posts are here in one place – click the link to read more!
- In early January I announced my WOTY EXPLORE for 2023
I’d love to hear from you. Leave me a comment to say hello 🙂
It’s all about exploring the world for me this year!
You can also find Deb’s World on other social media platforms below – let’s stay in touch!
Everyone has a story to tell! Deb is a young-at-heart & active 60+ blogger/retiree, after being made redundant from her 22-year career managing education programs in a men’s correctional centre (jail). She now spends her time reading, blogging, riding her ebike and travelling. Deb was awarded a Bravery Award from the Queen when she was 17 after a tragic accident – a definite life changing moment! She is married with 3 grown-up daughters & has 4 grandchildren. She never imagined being Granny Debs would bring so much joy to her life! You can read more of Deb’s story here
Copyright © 2023 debs-world.com – All rights reserved