A Surprise find

Surprise is the prompt for this week’s photo challenge. As Jen H says:

Much of photography is about discovery, and with discovery may come a surprise.

We are asked to share a surprise, as seen through the lens.

I’m away from home at the moment and while out on a walk through a suburban park, I came across the remains of a child’s scooter hanging in the trees.

Now Cyclone Debbie has recently been through the area, with torrential rain and flooding, but the trees looked like they’d been burnt, so I can’t understand how the scooter ended up in the trees.  It got me thinking about how long it’s been there, who it belonged to and did they miss their scooter?

Do you have any ideas?

It wasn’t so much of a surprise through the lens but it was a surprise to see the remains of a child’s scooter hanging in a tree!

Enjoy your Easter break!

Deb xx

See my About me page for the full story. You can also follow Deb’s World on Twitter, Instagram, StumbleUpon, Pinterest and Facebook.

One thought on “A Surprise find

1. April 13, 2017 at 7:23 pm

I’d like to imagine that the scooter was leaned up against the tree about a decade ago and forgotten, lifted up as the tree grew over the years.

Liked by 2 people

• April 13, 2017 at 7:35 pm

That’s a great way of thinking about it Phil, you may well be right! Thanks very much for your insight!

2. April 13, 2017 at 7:40 pm

Interesting find. I would be curious as well to know the story of the scooter.

I am adding a link to my video. Please support by watching or possibly subscribing.

3. April 13, 2017 at 8:26 pm

A surprise indeed.

• April 13, 2017 at 8:57 pm

I was wondering what I could use the photo for when I took it, so I’m glad of the opportunity to share it in this way 😊

4. April 13, 2017 at 8:37 pm

It is amazing what you find on walks. I’m sure there is a story behind the scooter – a kid leaving it behind and running home late for dinner – that sounds a bit nostalgic to me. Hope you enjoyed Brisbane x

• April 13, 2017 at 8:56 pm

Yes that sounds very plausible Sue. I enjoyed Brisbane and will be back for a few days on 24 & 25 April.

5. April 14, 2017 at 2:19 am

Fly Tipping!

6. Donna
    April 14, 2017 at 2:21 am

Very interesting photo, Debbie – I like Phil Taylor’s explanation. That works for me!!

• April 14, 2017 at 1:41 pm

I’m very happy with Phil’s explanation too Donna! Thanks 🙂

7. April 14, 2017 at 6:36 am

Thanks for attending the #WednesdayAIMLinkParty, I shared your post.