Wordless Wednesday: Red flowering gums add colour to the day

Wordless Wednesday

January 16, 2019

Red flowering gums

Red flowering gums

Red flowering gums in Melbourne

Red flowering gums line the footpath in Melbourne

Because every Wednesday deserves to have its own story 🙂

I’d love to hear from you.

Debbie xx

************************************

Visit Deb’s World’s Instagram for photo updates

You can also find Deb’s World here – stay in touch by clicking any of these buttons.

TwitterInstagramPinterest, G+Facebook,  Flipboard and Mix

You can Contact me here

Wordless Wednesday banner for my blog

One thought on “Wordless Wednesday: Red flowering gums add colour to the day

1. January 16, 2019 at 1:31 pm

Hi, Deb – First I needed to enlarge your picture as much as my computer screen would allow. When that didn’t work, and with the prose you gave, I needed to look up what ‘Red Flowering Gums” were. Corymbia ficifolia! I feel so much smarter now! Thank you for sharing this. 🙂

• January 16, 2019 at 2:18 pm

Wow! My sister and I looked up the correct name for them, (and you’ve got it right), but decided to use the more common name instead. I’m very impressed with your research, but not that surprised at all!! The sight was gorgeous in the early morning light. Thanks so much 😊 for visiting with us.

2. January 16, 2019 at 3:47 pm

How pretty. We have these trees in South Africa but not in such abundant quantities. They call them Australian Firetrees locally.

• January 17, 2019 at 10:05 pm

They are just lovely aren’t they? How interesting to hear them called that in South Africa thanks for that insight!

3. Jo
    January 16, 2019 at 4:50 pm

they’re gorgeous. We have all the fire trees and poincianas finishing at the moment so also carpeting the roads with red.

• January 17, 2019 at 10:02 pm

Thanks Jo, so happy you also have red carpets there!

4. January 16, 2019 at 5:18 pm

I love gum blossom – except when we lived in our last house on a bush block – they used to shower down all over our pool cover and were a pig to clean up – still beautiful when they were on the trees – just really messy in places where I didn’t want them to be! We get mainly creamy coloured ones in WA.

• January 17, 2019 at 10:02 pm

Yes I can imagine they’d be a problem in some cases! They just look so pretty 🙂

5. Nancy
    January 17, 2019 at 2:05 am

Hi Deb,
    I know about gums, but expected to see the blossoms on the tree…what a surprise to see them carpeting the path.
    Incredible color!

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )