It’s Friday – so time for three questions and an F word
My F words for the week are FIRE and FEAR, as much of the state of NSW and other parts of Australia, have been under threat of fires with catastrophic weather conditions and much fear.
What made me happy this week?
Yay!! We have left our home and are now on the first leg of our trip to visit my daughter, son-in-law and baby granddaughter Dottie in England. I managed to pack my bags in between all the other things I had happening like farewells, lunches, catch-ups and getting the house ready. The Mathematician had his bags packed weeks ago (of course he did!!).
The House sitter has moved in and we are visiting my mother-in-law for a few days before spending time with my daughter and son-in-law and one year old granddaughter Emilia and then we fly out later tonight! I’m more than ready to get going.
I saw this somewhere and shared it on my Facebook page this week – I love it!
What made me sad this week?
The bushfires and weather conditions around NSW – one part of Australia had awful catastrophic bushfire conditions with many houses and properties lost and in some cases lives were lost too. Then in other parts of the country at the same time, there was snow falling and storms and rainbows, like I captured for my Wordless Wednesday post this week. Much of the country is already impacted by drought so it’s just not fair at times!
The awful arguments and recriminations that are doing the rounds on the media networks and social media are also upsetting.
What made a difference this week? Three things…
- I saw a post about motherhood with some fabulous insights in a cartoon format and as each of my three daughters are in some way impacted by motherhood at this very moment – relatively new to motherhood, impending motherhood and dealing with a premature baby in NICU for the past 12 weeks – I thought the cartoons might help them see things from a different perspective – and maybe give them a laugh too.
I enjoyed seeing them too, despite my days of new motherhood being long behind me. I’m in a totally new place now and am finding it interesting – it’s not all smooth sailing and my anxiety levels are increasing due to what I know now, as compared to what I didn’t know when I was a young mother.
2. This podcast has also made a difference to me in recent weeks. It’s where Mandy and Kate talk honestly and openly about their lives with their children, parenting, premature babies, twins and disabilities and special needs. It could be thought that it would be quite a dry and serious podcast, but just the opposite. Kate and Mandy are so open, honest and funny that it’s hard not to laugh (and cry) with them. It’s been a breath of fresh air for me as I go on my daily walks.
This Friday series was inspired by Kate and Mandy from Too Peas in a Podcast who sign off each episode by each of them answering these three questions. It can be quite a simple exercise but also complex at the same time.
On a horrible day…
3. On a horrible day this week with catastrophic weather conditions and other worries impacting on my headspace, this timely reminder popped up.
It made a difference.
OK it’s your turn now – what would your answers be?
When I next write I’ll be in a different hemisphere with new weather patterns, colder temperatures and a whole different role, as an on-the-ground Globetrotting Granny.
All the best for the week ahead.
Recent posts in case you missed them:
- Drum roll please – Introducing: What’s Been on Your Calendar? #WBOYC
- 5 Things I’m Loving Right Now #WWandPics
- The Gift of Sisters #WOTY
- Taking Stock from A-Z #WWandPics
- Not quite 50 shades of brown for #SundayStills
You can also find Deb’s World in lots of other places – stay in touch by clicking any of the buttons below.