A cob of corn in the bush

Day 5 of the Seven Day Nature Challenge

Bottlebrush

Today’s photo in my Seven Days of Nature challenge is an Australian native plant called a Banksia after Sir Joseph Banks which from some angles also looks like a cob of corn (well to me it does anyway). I was incorrect in my first draft and called it a Bottlebrush but apparently I was wrong. These things happen!

Do you agree with me or am I the only one who thinks it looks like a cob of corn in a bush setting?

Bottlebrush 2

Here’s a quick recap for you so far on how my seven day nature challenge is progressing:

Day 1/7 photo was a solitary image of a tree in the paddock

Day 2/7 photo was an early morning shot (probably one of my favourite photos)

Day 3/7 photo was early morning sunlight viewed through the trees.

Day 4/7 photo was yet another view of early morning sunshine and lots of trees

which brings us to Day 5/7 and the cob of corn in the bush!

I’m away from home at the moment so it’s great to find different bits of nature to photograph and share. I do love nature! I also like using my iPhone to capture my photos.

Thanks again to Desleyjane  and Una Vista di San Fermo for nominating me to post a nature photo each day for seven days. They are both very accomplished bloggers and take some amazing photos, so I appreciate their kind words about my blog and for asking me to join in.  Do yourself a favour and go and have a look at their blogs by clicking on the links, if you haven’t already.  Anyone is welcome to join this challenge – just post a nature photo each day for seven days!

Seven days of nature 5/7

Thanks for visiting.

One thought on “A cob of corn in the bush

1. April 10, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Banksia are very pretty in all their stages of flower / cone.

• April 10, 2016 at 5:15 pm

They are great native plants aren’t they? I love the yellow.

2. April 10, 2016 at 4:58 pm

They take me back to May Gibbs’ Big Bad Banksia men, but yes they do look like cobs of corn.

• April 10, 2016 at 5:14 pm

That’s very true, they were always a bit scary!! Glad you can see cobs of corn too.

3. April 10, 2016 at 6:25 pm

Yes, definitely looks like a corn on the cob. I think it might be a bit prickly to eat though! Great shot Deb.

• April 10, 2016 at 6:50 pm

Thanks for seeing what I see Miriam and I agree it would be a bit prickly. I do like the colour and texture of the flowers.

4. April 10, 2016 at 7:27 pm

Fascinated by this plant! Perfect for the theme….

• April 10, 2016 at 8:11 pm

It is a very interesting plant, very hardy and prolific in certain parts of Australia. Glad you like it!

5. April 11, 2016 at 9:18 am

Oh I love banksia. We have such intriguing native plants in Australia. And yes! It does look like a corn cob. Thanks for joining us!

• April 11, 2016 at 9:25 am

My pleasure! I’m enjoying looking for fresh nature shots to take. We do have very special plants here.