Every day is an adventure – 93/365

Always choose the adventure!

Echidna

This is a very shy echidna – actually it’s his backside – as he has his snout in the dirt digging for ants to eat. I was riding my bike the other day and noticed this echidna wandering along the fence line.  They are very private animals and tend to roll up into a ball when they feel threatened.  It was a case of getting off my bike and trying to get a good photo of him which proved a bit too difficult unfortunately!  I love the texture and colour of his spikes and feel I got close enough.

I like the fact that this fits in with my project, as it’s an example of noticing the little everyday things which I think helps us to slow down and appreciate our lives more. It’s what I’m currently trying to do by looking for the adventure in the everyday.

You can click here for all my Every day photo project photos in one place.

I’d love to hear from you. Have you had any good adventures lately?

One thought on “Every day is an adventure – 93/365

1. September 8, 2015 at 3:58 pm

How awesome to see one in the wild like that. Fabulous catch!!

• September 8, 2015 at 6:01 pm

Thanks, I really tried to get his little snout and face but he wasn’t going to let me, so I had to be happy with his rear end.

2. September 8, 2015 at 7:13 pm

Oh Deb, you ARE looking for adventure – and finding it! I would have probably missed it 😊

• September 9, 2015 at 7:36 pm

I’m so glad I spotted him too! Thanks for commenting 🙂

3. September 8, 2015 at 8:23 pm

Nice photo! I had to google what that was and it looks so very similar to a hedgehog. Interesting little ant eater 😉

• September 8, 2015 at 8:25 pm

I never thought people might not know what an echidna should look like!! I’m so glad you looked it up, and you are right it is a bit like a hedgehog. 😊

4. September 8, 2015 at 8:44 pm

Echidnas are so cute, great photo. I saw one waddling across the road last night, must’ve been their day to come out and be seen.

• September 8, 2015 at 8:46 pm

Thanks Annie, they are very cute and seem to be on the move. I love that their babies are called puggles.