Weekly Photo Challenge: Grid on grid action

Grid 1

I’m featuring photos of grid on grid action for this week’s Daily Post’s photo challenge  as the theme is…you guessed it … Grid. I must admit that I’ve gone a bit literal with this one!

The sun is shining outside and my solar panels are working overtime as the sun worshippers they are.

There are grids within the grid the closer you look and then, on top of that, they are connected to the grid!

grid 2

As Michele W says…this week, let’s take the humble grid out of the shadows, and make it the star.

grid 3

…… let’s give them some time in the sun!

I have to say that my grids would be useless without the sun!

Enjoy your weekend!

One thought on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Grid on grid action

1. September 19, 2015 at 9:54 am

Do you use these solar panels and if so what do you use them for? We are very interested in solar panels.

• September 19, 2015 at 3:32 pm

We use them to make electricity from the sun which then goes into the main grid. We get paid for what we’ve contributed. The setup costs were quite high but we haven’t paid an electricity bill since we put them in a few years ago. It’s great! One day I want them to be able to power the house. ☀️

2. September 19, 2015 at 11:44 am

Nice! What do you power with your solar energy?

• September 19, 2015 at 3:29 pm

It’s a great setup where we harness the sun’s power, which goes into the main grid and we get paid for what we produce. We then use electricity as normal in our house but our bills are much less because we’ve contributed some of the power. Win win!

3. September 19, 2015 at 10:33 pm

Nice one!

4. September 20, 2015 at 3:56 am

Beautiful photos of very useful grids!

• September 20, 2015 at 7:02 am

Thanks! I’m happy with the pics especially the one looking up into the blue sky and love that the solar panels are doing a great job collecting the sun’s energy for us.

5. September 20, 2015 at 1:35 pm

oh clever!

6. September 20, 2015 at 7:55 pm

Oh yes, you have gone for literal grid, like me, and your entry is also nice, because of its importance to sustainability creation. Brava!

• September 20, 2015 at 9:17 pm

Thanks Lucile, we do what we can! It’s great to see all the interpretations for the challenge – as always!

7. September 20, 2015 at 7:58 pm

Good on you Deb for thinking of it! I struggled to get started and didn’t even think of the actual electricity grid that we have – on our roof though 🙂

• September 20, 2015 at 9:16 pm

Thanks for that! It was the first thing I thought of when I saw ‘grid’. We also have some on our roof but luckily the ones in the paddock were easier to photograph.