Mundane Monday – a splash of red

You can’t see the forest for the trees!

splash of colour

Mundane Monday Challenge is hosted by PhoTrablogger on a Monday, and in his post today he asks the question – what are you trying this week?

Well, I decided I wanted to experiment with colour in my photos and have played around with this photo from the forest where I regularly run and walk.  The trees are all dull greys, greens and browns (very mundane) and never look very appealing in my shots, although it’s a delightful place in real life.

So when I saw this tree, with the bark ripped off and the red brown streak underneath, I was determined to make the splash of colour work for me.  I used an app which converts the photo to black and white and then I ‘painted’ in the original colour on the trunk.

I think it works fine although I definitely need more practice in the ‘painting’ department. (Don’t look too closely!)

….a challenge created to find beauty in everyday mundane things…capture the beauty and upload the photographs.

I hope you enjoy your  Mundane Monday and can add a pop of colour somewhere into your day.

One thought on “Mundane Monday – a splash of red

1. March 7, 2016 at 7:30 pm

Glad you found an app that worked! Nice job.

2. March 7, 2016 at 7:58 pm

I think that’s pretty creative Debbie. Definitely lifts it out of the ordinary.

3. March 8, 2016 at 8:15 am

I always wondered how people get a little color into a black and white photo. Now I’ll have to go see if I can find something similar in my editing program. Cool! Thanks for sharing this! And I like the photo too!

• March 8, 2016 at 8:18 am

Great to hear Dawn. I learnt it from another blogging friend so I’m happy to pass on the tip. Have fun!

4. March 9, 2016 at 11:31 am

Wonderful photo and effect Deb. Did you use Lightroom or a different app?

• March 9, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Thanks Ruth, it was using a different photo app but probably very similar to Lightroom.

5. March 13, 2016 at 10:44 pm

It definitely stands out from the crowd!