Aside

What day is it? Asking for a friend πŸ™‚

What day is it? I'm in holiday mode!

Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com

This is the most asked question in our household at the moment, and has been for the past few weeks. We generally know the ‘month’ but not what ‘day’ it is.Β My calendar is my best friend, reminding me of what I have planned each day. And my watch tells me the day if I remember to look at it!

I think today is Friday πŸ˜‚ but feel free to correct me.Β

Although I’m now into my third year of retirement, it still amazes me that holiday time hits me the way it does! It could be because we have a teenage Rotary Exchange Student living with us and we’re aware of school being on holidays (which is funny because we both worked in Education for many years) or it’s just that time of the year when everything goes into free-fall.

I must admit it’s a nice way of being and the hammock is a great place to hangout, with a spurt of exercise every few days, preferably the aqua aerobics type of activity, given the heatwave conditions we’ve been experiencing here.

Is this a common theme or is it just me?

It’s all a bit ironic given my word of the year is TIMEΒ and trying to work our how to get more of it in 2019!Β  Maybe I need more help than I thought πŸ™‚

Stay in touch and enjoy those holiday feels!

Deb x

One thought on “What day is it?

1. January 11, 2019 at 12:53 pm

I’m on my last day of holidays Deb and I’ve lost track of time over the last few weeks too. Now everything is relating to how many days until I have to head back in and put my nose to the grindstone again. I’ll swap your retirement for my Monday-itis any day!

• January 11, 2019 at 12:56 pm

I’m so sorry to say I’ll have to politely decline your kind offer of swapping my retirement for your Monday-itis! You’ll be in my thoughts come Monday πŸ™‚

2. January 11, 2019 at 1:16 pm

I’ve completely lost track too… It always happens around the holidays. I’m hoping, now that my early January birthday has come and gone, I will start to remember what day it is. Looking at your pictures of sun and swimming, it just occurred to me that I should have been born in the southern hemisphere. I always wanted to have a summer birthday!

• January 11, 2019 at 1:19 pm

I’m so glad it’s not just me losing track! It just occurred to me that we all keep asking the same question every day! My birthday is in December and only once have I had a ‘cold’ northern hemisphere birthday, which I loved, just for the change! You’ll have to plan a summer birthday one year πŸ™‚ Hope you enjoyed your special day regardless of the weather.

3. cindimatography
    January 11, 2019 at 1:49 pm

Add me to your list. My husband and I had absolutely no idea what day it was. We had to check our iPhones. Not funny! But then again, yes…..very funny.

• January 11, 2019 at 1:55 pm

I agree, funny but not funny! Thanks for joining in πŸ™‚

4. January 11, 2019 at 2:17 pm

I can totally relate to this confusion, Deb! I believe that our little corner of the blogisphere adds to this as well. Your ‘Wordless Wednesday’ post reminded me on my Tuesday to get a post ready for the next day. If it’s Friday there now, it is probably Thursday here…..at least I think it is! πŸ™‚

Liked by 2 people

5. January 11, 2019 at 2:45 pm

I have to constantly remind my mom what day it is (ever since her retirement). Since we are on different time zones, I have to remember the day and time in her place and in mine.. πŸ™‚

• January 11, 2019 at 5:52 pm

Oh that must get a bit confusing! I have a daughter in England so have my watch set to her time as well as ours so theoretically I should always know what time it is!!

6. January 11, 2019 at 5:31 pm

You aren’t alone Deb! I’m usually really good with or without a calendar but this year for some reason I just haven’t come out of the holiday mode and am resisting the urge to get back into normal life. I kept thinking Wednesday this week was Thursday for some reason. At least I know Tuesdays and Saturdays because they are my running days. Have a great weekend and that pool looks so inviting. xx

• January 11, 2019 at 5:51 pm

Thanks Sue, it’s funny how we lose track of days and resist the urge to return to normalacy. I’ve been out of whack for ages now and I’m so happy to see I’m not the only one! Enjoy your weekend πŸ™‚

7. January 11, 2019 at 8:43 pm

Oh Debs this made me smile 😊 I’m so with you on this. I lose track of the days all the time & have to ask Jon most mornings 🀣 I love your word TIME as I never seem to have enough of it in a day x

• January 12, 2019 at 9:38 pm

Thanks Sam, it suits me really well and many of my posts this year have been about time already without me even trying!

8. January 11, 2019 at 10:39 pm

We never know what day it is! When you don’t work they are all just days aren’t they? No such thing as weekends and holidays. We get into so much trouble with family and friends when we try and organise visits as they are always stressing how they ‘have to work for a living’ and could we please stick to weekends (whatever they are).

9. January 12, 2019 at 12:21 am

Cute post! I find myself in that same situation when I am out of school for the longer Christmas break and the summer break! Once I retire in 2020 I suppose I will have this experience on a more regular basis!

10. January 12, 2019 at 12:57 am

Currently, my kids know better than me what day it is! I feel so lost sometimes =))

• January 12, 2019 at 9:36 pm

It’s hard at this time of the year but also nice in a way πŸ™‚

11. Nancy
    January 12, 2019 at 1:50 am

HaHa Deb! This hit close to home for me…this is really the first week that I had to ask myself that question! You are right, being tied to an academic calendar you were very aware of days, hours, and even minutes and had to micromanage them. Not so in my Third Age! I’m still feeling that urge to “accomplish” things, only there are no more weekends…

• January 12, 2019 at 9:36 pm

Yes that urge to accomplish things stays with you for quite some time Nancy, just go with the flow πŸ™‚

12. January 12, 2019 at 2:22 am

I certainly lost track of the days of the week over Christmas and the New Year, Deb. However, today is the first time I’ve had that ‘Friday feeling’ bak. I may have retired six years ago, but I still get that Friday feeling on a Friday afternoon. I’m glad it’s not left me.

• January 12, 2019 at 9:09 am

I’m glad too Hugh, it’s good to know it doesn’t leave us after all the years! Enjoy the year ahead.

13. January 12, 2019 at 2:43 pm

I’m always so aware of time and dates, but like you, the holidays blurred those lines, in addition to our road trip. With hubby off this week and us being home a few days early, I’ve had to look at the calendar, too! Life goes back to normal for me, too, next week, then classes begin. Ah, structure! πŸ˜€

• January 12, 2019 at 9:29 pm

Yes I know what you mean Terri, structure can be good sometimes! Enjoy being back working, hopefully you feel rested after your holidays.

14. Min Write of the Middle
    January 12, 2019 at 11:34 pm

It’s not just you! The period between Christmas and the New Year particularly is where I lose all sense of time or any idea what day it is. Thing is we’re up to 12 Jan and I’m still feeling the same way! Maybe the fog will clear in February? Anyway – Happy New Year Deb! πŸ™‚

• January 14, 2019 at 6:38 pm

Yes let’s hope the fog clears by February! All the best to you too Min πŸ™‚

15. January 13, 2019 at 1:53 am

Love the photo of you in the hammock!! Gotta love hammock Time 😊

16. January 13, 2019 at 7:57 am

I am forever getting the date wrong, especially in January… and yes I do sometimes get the day wrong too..

17. Dee | Grammy's Grid
    January 16, 2019 at 4:31 am

Add me too! I always have to look at my phone to see what day and date it is.

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )