Do you feel the serenity?

Keeping warm around the fire bucket

Around the fire bucket
Relaxing around the fire bucket – can you feel the serenity?

Quote: How’s the serenity? So much serenity.

Translation: What to say when you’re feeling calm and content. Or you just like saying the word serenity.

The Castle: Classic Australian Movie 1997

We just love backyard bonfires in autumn and winter

This week the theme for Terri’s Sunday Stills is Warmth, and I’m very happy to share some warmth with you as the autumn days gets shorter and winter starts to creep in.

I always enjoy hearing your thoughts.

Have a great week ahead.

Debbie 🙂

All my Sunday Stills posts can be found here – all photos by me

Sunday Stills photo challenge

Visit Deb’s World’s Instagram for photo updates

You can also find Deb’s World here – stay in touch by clicking any of these buttons below:

TwitterInstagramPinterest, Facebook,  Flipboard and Mix

You can Contact me here

© 2019 Copyright – All rights reserved: debs-world.com

One thought on “Do you feel the serenity?

1. May 12, 2019 at 9:40 am

You can never have too much serenity.

Liked by 3 people

2. Jo
    May 12, 2019 at 12:11 pm

Aaaah the serenity…& those boots. I want some – serenity, those boots and a fire barrel!

Liked by 3 people

• May 13, 2019 at 2:47 pm

Thanks Jo, I’m in my own little heaven with those three things 🙂

3. May 12, 2019 at 12:38 pm

Ha ha – the irony of the quote would be lost all the people who do not know this film. Happy Mother’s Day Debbie. Louise

Liked by 2 people

4. May 12, 2019 at 6:56 pm

Awesome pics Deb and I can definitely feel the serenity. In fact, I was sitting in front of a campfire just 24 hours ago. 🔥 Hope you had a fabulous Mother’s Day xx

Liked by 3 people

• May 13, 2019 at 2:45 pm

Thanks Miriam, I had a great weekend, did you? I know you understand the serenity of a campfire only too well, so this would suit you perfectly!

• May 13, 2019 at 3:16 pm

Absolutely! And yes, I had a great weekend, spent with family and friends up near Myrtleford.

5. Tom
    May 13, 2019 at 12:56 am

Ah, Deb, Serenity. What a word! 🙂

Liked by 2 people

• May 13, 2019 at 2:44 pm

Yes, it encapsulates it all in one word doesn’t it? Thanks Tom.

6. May 13, 2019 at 8:43 am

I could hear Michael Caton – “do you feel the serenity”, a classic quote. Loved that movie. We normally escape the winter by travelling up the coast. This winter we’ve decided to stay and embrace all the things good about the colder weather. We’ve just had three days in the forest with a fire drum every night. We’ve taken up the space for our back yard fire pit with a garden bed though, so have to find another space.

Liked by 2 people

• May 13, 2019 at 2:41 pm

Yes I know, it’s one of those sayings isn’t it? Your camping sounds like fun and isn’t a fire bucket just the best? We built one in the backyard after being out in the Flinders Ranges for two weeks a few years ago, and we haven’t regretted having it take up space. Good luck on your winter at home this year!

7. May 13, 2019 at 11:44 am

Oh, you had me at serenity then warmth, Debbie! Backyard fires are banned in my area (too many trees and stupid people I guess). Hope you had a blissful weekend and Happy Mother’s Day when you celebrate it!

Liked by 2 people

• May 13, 2019 at 2:40 pm

Thanks Terri! I loved seeing your take on warmth too and thanks for sharing my post. Yes we had a great Mother’s Day weekend and I’ve just this minute published a post about running in the annual Mother’s Day Classic. Happy Mother’s Day to you too.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )