Why only 12 things, and not 60?
As I’m now 59 and approaching my 60th birthday (at the end of this year), I am keen to tick off a few things and figured I’d share my JOY list with you.
I don’t have a bucket list as such, instead I call it a JOY list.Tweet
You may be wondering why I didn’t go the whole hog and list 60 things to do before turning 60, as most people would do. For one thing I’m not most people!!!
Well there are a few reasons why:
- my birthday is 12/12 – so 12 is always my favourite number
- 60 things sounded like waaaayyy too many things to think of 🤣(and I’m basically a lazy person)
- there are 12 months in the year so that works out at 1 thing each month = doable
- I don’t want to overwhelm myself and then end up failing in my quest
So without further ado I give you my list:
- Celebrate 40th wedding anniversary in London and buy myself something ‘Ruby’ nice ✅
- Be there when E and S bring their baby boy home from hospital – due early March
- Investigate taking the Mathematician to Darwin – I have been there before but the Mathematician hasn’t
- Make plans to visit Western Australia
- Make a list of 60 things that make me happy
- Donate at least $60 to charity ✅
- Make a playlist with 60 favourite songs
- Read at least 60 books in the year and write/share reviews of some of them
- Visit Tiny and Lea Rosser in Sydney with mum – see my post What has been the most unusual, unexpected or just plain weird connection you’ve made as a blogger?
- Ride on the Tumbarumba to Rosewood Rail Trail as many times as possible in the year – it’s opening in early April 2020 and we’ve been very much involved for many years!
- Investigate a trip to Canada for 2021?
- Jump at all opportunities that come my way and get photos wherever possible
- Investigate getting my book Dottie and the Wombat published properly
Progress so far
So far I can tick off #1 as we celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with a day out in London at the end of our recent 2 month trip to UK to see our daughter and premature granddaughter Dottie. I also bought myself this pretty little Ruby ring.
I can also tick off #6 as I have made a donation to our local Rotary Club in aid of the Bushfire appeal in our community.
I’ve made a start on #12 , jumping at every opportunity – quite literally – and will be updating my WOTY progress at the beginning of each month. Here’s me in action recently jumping for joy at the beach 🙂
Eagle eyed readers might also notice that I have actually listed 13 things – I am not as mathematically challenged as you may think!
I am keen to publish my story book about Dottie and added it to the list at the last minute. My friend and author, Jo from And Anyways, has been giving me some links to check out, so I’m starting that process as we speak! If you have any tips or contacts please let me know.
So that’s my 12 things to do before turning 60 – something to focus on for the months ahead and you’ll all hold me accountable. I’ll keep you updated on my progress in future posts.
Is there anything else you’d add to my list, or any tips you can offer if you’ve attempted something similar? All suggestions will be gracefully accepted.
You can also find Deb’s World in lots of other places – stay in touch by clicking any of the buttons below.
© 2020 Copyright – All rights reserved: email@example.com, debs-world.com