Blogger meet up – Fun Friday photo

Meet up

Today was a definitely a fun Friday! I did lots of different things to my usual Friday fare including a meet-up with two of my favourite Australian bloggers – in person!!

Earlier in the week I read two different posts on the same subject – Miriam’s post about meeting up with Louise from The Year I touched my toes, Loving the Connection and Louise’s post about Meeting Miriam from Out an’ About Blog.  I was so pleased to see them together in Melbourne!

As I was visiting Melbourne for a few days R & R with my sister Sharon, (you can see her post here on our visit to Rippon Lea Estate), I sent a message to Miriam and Louise wondering if there was a chance we too could meet up.

We did it!!  We arranged to meet at Cafe Matto (it means cafe crazy in Italian apparently) on Friday afternoon and spent a few delightful hours, over a bottle of champagne (thanks Louise), talking blogging, families, plans, sharing stories and it was just perfect.  I told them the story of my husband believing I’d be meeting up with crazy drug addled truck drivers who would attempt to abduct me for  their own nefarious purposes.  They laughed!

When I met up with Desley Jane last year, he had been just as concerned and came along to make sure I’d be safe, as well as my sister and her husband!!  Poor Desley – I wrote about that meeting here if you missed it – Meeting a blogging friend for real.  The funny thing is both Sharon and Tim also came along later today to collect me and ended up meeting Miriam and Louise as well!

I have to say I wasn’t surprised by either Louise or Miriam, they were just as I’d imagined.  Lovely, friendly, fun, generous and interesting.  Except hearing their ‘real’ voices was different to ‘reading’ their voices through their respective blogs.  It was a fun few hours with easy conversation and lots of laughs.  We have lots in common and knew bits and pieces about each other already, so it seemed like we were just friends catching up over a drink – except we only knew each other from our blogs!

We knew we had to have a photo taken of the three of us and Louise asked some nearby customers to do the honours – they must have thought we were all a bit loony!!  Our happy, smiley faces say it all – we were happy to meet up in person and will do so again.

As we were leaving we were asked by the manager and another customer, what we were celebrating.  We then had a funny conversation about three ladies who each have blogs who know each other on-line but decided to meet up in person for the first time.  We had to explain to them what blogging is and they were interested in our respective blogs.  We ended up talking about trekking in Nepal as well as a range of other things.  They decided that they blog with each other, face to face, over a drink.  I took this photo of Jimmy and Peter to include in my post as they said they’d try to find my blog and they wanted to be included!

Cafe Matto

So another fantastic, fun day with friendships further forged and strengthened. If you ever get the chance to meet up with bloggers you follow, I highly recommend it!

Thanks Miriam and Louise for making the effort to meet up.  I love this blogging family, we are all truly are a community and I thank everyone of you for interacting with me through this blogging journey.

One thought on “Blogger meet up – Fun Friday photo

1. February 18, 2017 at 1:18 am

Fun. It is so great to meet our blogging friends in person.

• February 20, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Thanks Jodi, it certainly was fun 🙂

2. Donna
    February 18, 2017 at 6:40 am

Hi, Debbie – I read both Louise’s and Marian’s “meet up” posts last week. I am glad to hear that you had the opportunity to meet them too. I second your recommendation to meet a fellow blogger when given the chance!

Liked by 2 people

• February 20, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Thanks Donna, I’ve had a really nice mini break away and meeting Louise and Miriam was a real bonus 🙂

3. Sheila
    February 18, 2017 at 7:19 am

Sounds like a lovely way to spend a Friday, or any day for that matter. How nice to be able to meet up with blogging friends after having known them on-line for so long. Must have made the trip to Melbourne even more interesting. I love the fact that Jimmy and Peter were so interested!!

• February 18, 2017 at 7:40 am

It was great fun! Yes Jimmy and Peter were a hoot, they just couldn’t get their heads around it 😊. Really enjoying my mini break in the big smoke, having so much fun.

4. February 18, 2017 at 7:35 am

sounds fab! I can just imagine Dad saying that and worrying. Sounds like you had such a delightful afternoon. xx

• February 18, 2017 at 7:38 am

I really enjoyed the meet-up! They did have a good laugh at dad’s concerns but completely understood. We all had so much in common 😊

• February 18, 2017 at 7:55 am

thats good and nice that you’ve been able to meet some of your blogging friends. Its like grown up penpals x

• February 18, 2017 at 7:57 am

Exactly like that, the modern version of having a pen pal but where everyone gets to read the letters.

• February 18, 2017 at 8:54 am

Actually I like to call it Penpals on Steroids because it is instantaneous, you can chat, talk others along on the ride, share photos and videos. I was wondering how I would write my take on the meet up. Miriam and I talked about it on Monday too. Think I know how I will tackle my post now.

• February 18, 2017 at 8:58 am

So looking forward to reading it Louise. I agree it is just like pen pals on steroids 😂😊

5. February 18, 2017 at 8:41 am

This is so great Deb. Love the photo of Jimmy and Peter too. None of us really look like drug crazed truck drivers, do we? 😊

Liked by 2 people

• February 18, 2017 at 8:52 am

Not at all!! In fact you both look gorgeous. It was great to meet you.

• February 18, 2017 at 9:20 am

Ditto. Great to see that gorgeous ‘Deb smile’ in person. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

• February 18, 2017 at 9:23 am

Thanks Miriam😊 wishing you a nice weekend too. We’re off to Dandenong ranges today so look forward to some posts featuring my travels in coming days 😊😊

• February 18, 2017 at 9:26 am

Sounds great. I’m having a nice sleep in this morning after a very late night. Enjoy the Dandenong Ranges , I’ll definitely look forward to reading about it. 😊

• February 18, 2017 at 8:59 am

Miriam funnily it turned out three of the waiting and kitchen staff were Nepalese! Of course i had to ask which part of Nepal they were from.

Liked by 2 people

6. February 18, 2017 at 8:57 am

I’ve met four bloggers now and they’ve all been great! Glad you had a good time.

• February 20, 2017 at 5:50 pm

Thanks Anabel – I’m glad you experienced the fun too 🙂

7. February 18, 2017 at 8:57 am

Deb, How funny, so you really developed the conversation and explained the blog and got some “followers” as well! Louise

• February 18, 2017 at 9:00 am

Yes I chatted to them more after you’d both left and they were very impressed!! I’m not sure they actually ‘got it’ though or if they managed to find my blog 😊 have a great weekend.

8. February 19, 2017 at 11:04 pm

It’s always fun to meet people who we have know virtually through their blogs. I do that in Bangalore. Once in a while, meet a few folks 🙂

• February 20, 2017 at 5:57 pm

Thanks Parul, it’s a great way of connecting isn’t it?

9. February 20, 2017 at 4:39 am

Haven’t met other bloggers, but did a few meetups with internet friends, It’s so amazing! Glad you got to have the experience!

• February 20, 2017 at 5:58 pm

Thanks Traci, it’s always fun to connect. We had a great time just like old friends really 🙂

10. February 22, 2017 at 1:38 pm

Awesome! Put me on the list, if we get to Run Melbourne at the same time we’ll have to have a coffee and a chat and a hug!

• February 27, 2017 at 6:27 pm