My dam runneth over

image

We have had so much rain lately we now have water views on our property!  This dam never holds much water and even when it does fill up it doesn’t stay around for very long as the water just drains away. It’s a great sight to see!

Life has been a bit difficult lately as I’ve not been well; it’s been very wet, cold and miserable; there seems to be so much conflict everywhere; other family issues are affecting me and I just seem to have lost interest in many of the things I normally enjoy.

This post is to recognise that my dam runneth over. I realise that it’s OK to not be OK sometimes and I’m not responsible for everyone and everything that happens. I know I put too much pressure on myself.

So I’ll enjoy the water views while I have them.

Hope you are all doing well, I’ve missed being around.

Deb

One thought on “My dam runneth over

1. July 8, 2016 at 5:49 am

Hi Deb, sit back and let things take care of themselves for a while! 🙂

• July 8, 2016 at 7:46 am

Great advice Tom! I’m trying hard to just take one day at a time. I’m definitely on the improve. Thanks for your support it means a lot.

2. July 9, 2016 at 9:20 am

Looks good Deb, reflections in the water. I hope you’re feeling ok and have your voice back. You are such a positive person and I’m sure things will improve for you soon. Xox.

• July 9, 2016 at 9:46 am

Thanks, I’m slowly starting to feel better and am getting back into things. I do try to be positive, so thanks for recognising this about me.
      I’m looking forward to meeting up with you in a few weeks time. Xx

• July 13, 2016 at 8:48 pm

Glad you’re feeling better Deb. And now with that beautiful snow! Yes am looking forward to meeting you soon too!! X

3. July 9, 2016 at 6:52 pm

I popped over to ‘Deb’s World’ thinking I must’ve missed some posts….it is ok to not be ok but I hope that you are feeling better. Our dams are full here too, the gates are open because they are too full. Sometimes a little bit of capacity left unfilled is a good thing both in life and in dams. Here’s to wishing you some room to breathe lovely Debbie x

• July 9, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Thanks so much Annie, your thoughtfulness always means a lot to me. I’m slowly getting there but it’s not been much fun lately. I agree about the unfilled capacity and like that thought.
      I have enjoyed your Gold Coast pics immensely!! X

4. July 9, 2016 at 11:42 pm

Definitely all right not to be ok all the time Deb. sometimes life just seems to be a big weight on the shoulders. Add not feeling well and that’s a full plate. Sending positive energy across the miles and hoping your days look brighter soon.

• July 10, 2016 at 8:08 am

Many thanks Sue, I’m slowly improving. I’ve really enjoyed your posts as they’ve taken me away from my dismal days. I’ll be up and at ’em in no time. 😊

• July 10, 2016 at 11:36 am

Glad to hear they have brought some distraction Deb. Cheering for you and sending hugs.

5. July 10, 2016 at 2:49 pm

A brave post. It is definitely ok to not be ok all the time, but it is hard to say that out loud. I hope life soon regains some balance for you.

• July 10, 2016 at 5:39 pm

Thanks Ruth, it is hard to say these things out loud as you say. I’m trying to work through things and felt I had to be honest with myself first if I’m to move on. I’m sure I’ll regain balance, I’m working hard on it 😊. I really appreciate your comment and your understanding.